'Well this gives you a new slant'/ Moore, The Man with the Golden Gun

'Ah sure am Boy!' / Moore again, somersault car, same film

'Would you mind moving this bloody bedpan' Moore, same film again

'Would you like another ride'/ Ferris wheel attendant, Daylights

'The bubbles tickle my - Tchaikovsky', / Ivanova, AVTAK

'She's waiting for you'/ Brosnan, TWINE

'Delicious' / Carver, TND

'I know exactly where to put that'/ Moneypenny, TWINE

I loved 'delicious'! I thought it showed how creepy and maniacal Carver was. I have to agree with 'She's waiting for you'. By that point in the film, did anyone care?

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! - QOS.

I know that in context Strawberry (sorry all, had to use it!) was trying to sound sarcastic and fake, but in reality it came across as Gemma trying to make Strawberry (I know, again?) try to sound sarcastic and fake. It just sounded wrong, like my previous sentence!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Anyone else see a stark connection between horrible Bond quotes and Pierce's films?? /:)

It wasn't all him. The writing is the skeleton of the film.
    I know, I'm just picking. I at least wanted Jinx to just die in DAD more than Bond. She's like Jason Vorhees. She just doesn't DIE!!!

Ditto. I remember watching the scene in DAD recently when Jinx almost drowns in the ice-palace and Bond is frantically trying to save her life. I was like "please die please die" (she splutters) damn.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Anyone else see a stark connection between horrible Bond quotes and Pierce's films?? /:)

It wasn't all him. The writing is the skeleton of the film.
    I know, I'm just picking. I at least wanted Jinx to just die in DAD more than Bond. She's like Jason Vorhees. She just doesn't DIE!!!

Ditto. I remember watching the scene in DAD recently when Jinx almost drowns in the ice-palace and Bond is frantically trying to save her life. I was like "please die please die" (she splutters) damn.
    Like I've said before, Rosamund should've been the lead and Halle been the evil Bond girl. We get to see more of Rosamund, scantly clad and all, and watch Halle's character die. It would be so much better.
    In TMWTGG, didn't Rog at one point say something like 'Don't worry Darling, your turn will come soon enough' to Goodnight-- implying 'hey I'm going to sleep with her now, but don't you worry- I'll get around to you too!'
    lol such a Gentleman!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    In TMWTGG, didn't Rog at one point say something like 'Don't worry Darling, your turn will come soon enough' to Goodnight-- implying 'hey I'm going to sleep with her now, but don't you worry- I'll get around to you too!'
    lol such a Gentleman!
    And Rog is so genial about it all it's impossible to hold him accountable for that.
    :D
    lol such a Gentleman!
    And Rog is so genial about it all it's impossible to hold him accountable for that.
    :D

A great scene in a fantastic movie. Britt Ekland should have had an Oscar for her entertaining performance as Goodnight. She is my favorite Bond girl.
    <center>'Don't worry darling, you'll get your turn soon enough!'
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdU5bjQi0Bvm3W_R_EOTDj_TPFQuOgEdCHA3tgaihkmejSkMeeq5HRSPYkCw

1327293869594.jpg</center>
    "Take me around the world James" or words to that effect from MR
    gag me I need to puke!
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,082
    -Take me around the world one more time.
    -Why not.
    Great line.
    "Fetch my Shoes" Bond to Quarrel in DR NO
    Scene and line makes me cringe
    The "I love you"-quotes in CR and OHMSS are perhaps the worst, but don´t forget "if all that was left of you was your little finger and yada yada". Blahhh!
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Why does everyone take that as racist sometimes? I've heard mentioned and I can firmly say I've never felt like the line had that intention.

The "I love you"-quotes in CR and OHMSS are perhaps the worst, but don´t forget "if all that was left of you was your little finger and yada yada". Blahhh!
    Though I'm not big on YOLT, the use of "I love you" as the phrase between Bond and his Japanese contact was great. Especially when Moneypenny wants him to practice saying it to her. One of the best Bond/Moneypenny scenes in the franchise, and undoubtedly in the Connery era.

OHMSS69 wrote:
    Why does everyone take that as racist sometimes? I've heard mentioned and I can firmly say I've never felt like the line had that intention.

Though I'm not big on YOLT, the use of "I love you" as the phrase between Bond and his Japanese contact was great. Especially when Moneypenny wants him to practice saying it to her. One of the best Bond/Moneypenny scenes in the franchise, and undoubtedly in the Connery era.

Agree with you there. I love you is not used seriously here, as in the other 2 movies.
    I love this exchange: - I love you. - I have a car nearby.

OHMSS69 wrote:

Let me get this straight: European (white man) tells Jamaican (black man) to fetch his shoes. You don't find that racist and degrading in the least bit to the black man? What planet did you grow up on??? Tell that to a young black nowadays and not only will you not get your shoes but you gonna have a fist planted between your teeth and a foot right up your arse.

I can't remember it exactly but Moore said in LALD something along the lines of - 'It was just a small man with limited means who lost a fight with a chicken', thought that was a bit silly

Moore again Octopussy / 'You may need this to play with your asp'

'There's never a cab around when you need one' / Moore again. AVTAK

'Are you calling me a horses ass' / Dalton, Daylights

'I hope you don't snore Q' / Dalton, LTK

'Moneypenny, the story of our relationship, close but no cigar' / Brosnan, TWINE

'Yes, Very' / Moneypenny, TWINE

'Tastes like strawberries' / Trevelyan, Goldeneye

'Put your clothes on and I'll buy you an Ice cream' / Moore/ FYEO

'It's me - Hilly' / Lazenby, OHMSS

8-|
    I can't remember it exactly but Moore said in LALD something along the lines of - 'It was just a small man with limited means who lost a fight with a chicken', thought that was a bit silly

Moore again Octopussy / 'You may need this to play with your asp'

'There's never a cab around when you need one' / Moore again. AVTAK

'Are you calling me a horses ass' / Dalton, Daylights

'I hope you don't snore Q' / Dalton, LTK

'Moneypenny, the story of our relationship, close but no cigar' / Brosnan, TWINE

'Yes, Very' / Moneypenny, TWINE

'Tastes like strawberries' / Trevelyan, Goldeneye

'Put your clothes on and I'll buy you an Ice cream' / Moore/ FYEO

'It's me - Hilly' / Lazenby, OHMSS

8-|

I actually love that one. It is one of my favorite Bond to Q scenes, especially the look Bond gives when he is denied by Pam.
    "Filthy habit"
    I have to believe that was sarcasm...
    Just watched TND again last night. 1st time for a while. When Bond and Wai Lin are searching for the stealth boat and upon finding it Wai Lin utters 'Yeah, that's it'! This is one of the biggest blonde moments in the series.
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

No no no! Aw man, that line is a classic! It's perfectly delivered! This is a Brosnan thing, isn't it?
    00Beast wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

No no no! Aw man, that line is a classic! It's perfectly delivered! This is a Brosnan thing, isn't it?

Yes. The TND PTS.
    00Beast wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

Yes. The TND PTS.

Oh no, I knew that. I meant that his dislike of the quote must have been an anti-Brosnan thing.
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

Yes. The TND PTS.

Oh no, I knew that. I meant that his dislike of the quote must have been an anti-Brosnan thing.

Ahhhhhh. Yeah, the thing with Brosnan is that we will never know how good he could've been as Bond. The writing for most of his films is pitiful, and something I often shallack him for. I shouldn't, but it happens time to time.
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

Yes. The TND PTS.

It's not an anti-Brosnan claim. It's more a contempt to the anti-smoking PC of some movies. The James Bond who smokes 60 cigarettes a day couldn't utter that line... unless it was sarcasm.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    To be honest there are quite a few bad lines in the movies, but by far the worst is Brosnan's and Halle's conversation when they meet in Cuba. There is no way in this world anyone who's flirting with someone (and succesfull) would ever say things like that. The writers' sure must haven't had it in years at that point!

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    YOLT:

The Bond - MP interaction is very poorly written IMO.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DarthDimi wrote:
    YOLT:

Did you just criticized YOLT ? [-X
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    YOLT:

Don't get me started. :) I have a lot of love for the film but I will attack it on its weaknesses and clumsy elements. ;-)

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,691
    DarthDimi wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    YOLT:

Don't get me started. :) I have a lot of love for the film but I will attack it on its weaknesses and clumsy elements. ;-)

Well YOLT is part of the 'epic 1860's block-buster masterpiece trilogy' that is TB-YOLT-OHMSS... IMO of course :) I think the last 3 films of the 60's were a fantastic end of the decade, and are the ultimate epic Bond blockbusters.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    0013 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    "Filthy habit"

Yes. The TND PTS.

It's not an anti-Brosnan claim. It's more a contempt to the anti-smoking PC of some movies. The James Bond who smokes 60 cigarettes a day couldn't utter that line... unless it was sarcasm.

It was 70 cigs a day. I believe that was the peak of how many he would smoke. ;)