Fun with Bond Puns

2»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, I rarely use this, but lmfao. Wow. I have to save that, I hope you don't mind.
  • @Master_Dahark, If it had been that way in the movie, it would have been so much better. Now it's like 'Ow, it's such an awful, forced pun' and then it would be like Bond doesn't give a shit about your easy-to-make-fun-of name, just get his damn stuff up to his icy room and get him a shaken-not-stirred Martini.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2012 Posts: 7,978
    Guys, it's a funny thread, so keep 'em comn, but remember what @doubleonothing said above! Don't post copyright imagery (so no stills from the films, or posters, or.. ) directly in to this thread, but link to them. And please remove those you posted allready and link them.
    OK, serious question- not looking to start a flame war:

What kind of Bond forum doesn't let you post pictures of Bond? I just don't see what the big deal is
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OK, serious question- not looking to start a flame war:

What kind of Bond forum doesn't let you post pictures of Bond? I just don't see what the big deal is
    Copyright issues.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    That's what they keep saying, but seriously where else on the ENTIRE INTERNET is like that?? :O
    We aren't selling anything!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I think there was a problem on the old MI6Forums dating from the DAD days, and EON has since then forbidden this website to feature EON copyrighted images.

I think it was something about DAD that leaked on the forums, but I could be wrong.
    I think there was a problem on the old MI6Forums dating from the DAD days, and EON has since then forbidden this website to feature EON copyrighted images.

I think it was something about DAD that leaked on the forums, but I could be wrong.

Eon need to get a grip if that is the case. What harm can a forum of Bond fans do with a handful of copyright images anyway? Whilst copyright is important, they need to know when and when not to enforce it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I would like a mod to explain why the site has turned against using copyright images. It is like it is being enforced, but there is never an explanation as to why, and if I knew then I would remember to link the screencaps instead of forgetting all the time due to a lack of explanation on the matter.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Since this thread did start out good:
    I thought it might be fun to take some of the good Bond puns and come up with your own! We can make them better... or even more eye-rolling! Let's have some fun!

Here's mine:

space-1.jpg
    Bond had to become Arnold Schwarzenegger for this one--- lol so disturbing at the bottom!

stickaround_zps61c62722.jpg
    Oh, IF ONLY:

Untitled-2-2.jpg

I thought I'd resurrect this thread since I thought of a funny one today! It's a bit more crude than I usually submit, but what the hell, I laughed

headphones_zpsc547b74a.jpg
    @Master_Dahark, rich and hilarious. That little smile he is in possession of makes it all the more funny.
    @Master_Dahark, you sir are brilliant! That gave me a great chuckle! :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How come I didn't know this thread existed? Well done to all. @Master, that last one was epic! :))
    lol thanks! If anyone else has any good ones please feel free to add them!
  • Apologies for the necro-post, but I was watching LALD and the ending made me scratch my head as to wtf Solitaire was doing when Kananga loudly blew up in the same room as her

lald_zpsswv5asot.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Solitaire was probably more concerned with the sharks circling underneath! Seriously though, she actually looks directly at the body parts floating on the water and doesn't give it a second thought.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What body parts? Kananga was pretty hollow inside. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    =))
  • Even more annoying is the fact that Bond's actual response wasn't even an answer to her (stupid) question!

"Where's Kananga?"
    "Oh he always did have an inflated opinion of himself! LULZ"

".....So where is he exactly?"
    d6f.jpg
    Even more annoying is the fact that Bond's actual response wasn't even an answer to her (stupid) question!

"Where's Kananga?"
    "Oh he always did have an inflated opinion of himself! LULZ"

".....So where is he exactly?"
    d6f.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who's always been bothered by that :))

LOVE your Mr Kil mock-up in particular @Master_Dahark
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    @Master_Dahark, you sir are brilliant! That gave me a great chuckle! :))

Seconded. All good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    These are fun. Want more.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    "You're not a sportsman Mr Bond...why did you break off the encounter with my pet python?".

"Well he was trying to kill me...no need for the hissy fit"
    The best reaction to Moore's puns was Mrs. Bell's. >:)
    Oh hell, the "He needed some space." line was a greatly missed opportunity by the writers for MR! Would've been perfect.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Oh hell, the "He needed some space." line was a greatly missed opportunity by the writers for MR! Would've been perfect.

It's perfect in context.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's perfect in context.

It's too perfect. Big missed opportunity there.
    A french pun :

J'♥ ce Bond.

Yes, I'm ashamed !