The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Clue 6 is bugging me so I'll have to just throw out the alligators from LALD
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Clue 6 is bugging me so I'll have to just throw out the alligators from LALD

I was thinking about guessing them :))
    I’ll throw out a guess for cable car operators in OHMSS even though a few clues I can’t make happen.
  • While I'm not at all certain you've been to Morocco before, how about the two bodyguards who follow Blofeld, Bond, and Madeleine into the base and open doors?
    While I'm not at all certain you've been to Morocco before, how about the two bodyguards who follow Blofeld, Bond, and Madeleine into the base and open doors?

Thought of these guys too! I love how the clues are all taking us down the same path; the opposite one Birdleson has laid out for us.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 6,844
    I'm having trouble getting all the clues to line up, but Zorin's stooges who take on Bond and Stacey with rock salt-loaded shotguns?
    While I'm not at all certain you've been to Morocco before, how about the two bodyguards who follow Blofeld, Bond, and Madeleine into the base and open doors?

Thought of these guys too! I love how the clues are all taking us down the same path; the opposite one Birdleson has laid out for us.

Haha, nice! This is a head-scratcher.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,400
    Kamal's guards during the final shooting including a tiger?
    Edit: some clues obviously don't fit at all...
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,526
    I was thinking of guessing Greene's henchmen, including Elvis, but he's named, so... I'll throw out a guess for just the henchmen?
    I feel like I can make him and the other henchmen (who accepts Bond's phone) in Haiti fit most clues.
  • Hmm. Silva's thugs during the William Tell act?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    edited February 2021 Posts: 1,172
    Ah of course, it's M's agents when he confronts Bond on the balcony in LTK.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »

Yup I think you have it
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    =D> Awesome round. Now I can go tosleep without thinking about wooden stairs in Bond movies.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »

Nice. Kept thinking of villains / henchmen, and didn't think about the good guys! As M might say, we're so focused on our enemies, we forget to watch our friends.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Gonzales' goons ?
  • Nice call, @Tokoloshe2. They crossed my mind at one point. I'm not sure why I second-guessed myself. But it lines up. T. S. Eliot, cats. Climate, guy shut out. Tourists. Uncharacteristically furious. As Lachaise would say, "It's all there."
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,314
    =D> Awesome round. Now I can go tosleep without thinking about wooden stairs in Bond movies.

Ha, my sentiments exactly. Great job, guys.
    Thanks for the round @Birdleson . Let's see how you all do with this...

1. Did I find the meaning of life here?

2. Something to read, something to drink, something to smoke. All my needs are satisfied.
    Kerim ?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Raoul from DAD.
    Neither of the above.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Achille Aubergine, in AVTAK?
    It's not Aubergine, and still not Raoul.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 1,172
    And two more...

1. Did I find the meaning of life here?

2. Something to read, something to drink, something to smoke. All my needs are satisfied...

3. ... although I probably just haven't had a very satisfying experience.

4. My calmness is a source of amusement. Nothing unusual happening here (?!)

5. My brief exchange with Bond is very polite.

6. Rounded up, perhaps, but not knocked down!

Incorrect:

Achille Aubergine
    Deke Rogers (LALD)
    Henderson
    Kerim Bey
    Raoul (DAD)
    Henderson ?
    Not Henderson, old boy.
    Haha, brilliant guess - I actually watched LALD on Saturday and thought Deke would make a good potential character. But alas no, not him this time. More clues on the way.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 13,986
    Cuban girl in J.Krug aka Creep aka wheelchair guy's room (DAD).
    edited February 2021 Posts: 13,986
    Seems she is uncredited.
    You are quite right @QBranch - it's Mr Krug's girl in Room 42. The clues should be fairly self-expanatory, but if you need a reminder you can watch the first 65 seconds of this:

I hadn't noticed the tacky rose in a plastic water bottle before :)
    Nice one. Must be only the third time I've won this game!

I don't have a character lined up, so I'll leave the floor open.