The brand new guess the character

Comments

• WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Stromberg 1 Submarine Captain?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Not him, alas.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    The assassin who kills Aki?
    It's not the rooftop assassin.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The second of the three blind mice?
    It's not any visually impaired rodent.
    Two more clues:

1. I am the second of three people to be given an important job. None of the three will entirely succeed.

2. What am I good for? Absolutely nothing!

3. I literally didn't see my death coming.

4. Sanchez would have valued me more than my actual boss.

Incorrect:

Rooftop assassin (YOLT)
    Stromberg submarine captain
    Three Blind Mice
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Senor Guerra?
    @Last_Rat_Standing you are correct, it is Senor Guerra from SPECTRE. A difficult character to write interesting clues for, I suspected this would be a quick round.

1. I am the second of three people to be given an important job. None of the three will entirely succeed.

Mr White is originally going to be killed by Marco Sciarra, then Guerra and finally (presumably) Hinx who poisons him with thallium... but in the end White finishes the job himself.

2. What am I good for? Absolutely nothing!

"Guerra" means "war", and like the Temptations/Edwin Starr song he's really not much use.

3. I literally didn't see my death coming.

He gets his eyes poked out before his neck is broken.

4. Sanchez would have valued me more than my actual boss.

He pledges loyalty to the organisation, but it doesn't help him.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice work. Clever clues too!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yeah, good one. I thought long and hard about war, but forgot about that brother.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The fourth clue had me thinking loyalty. Then I remembered his line.
    I'll go a little different this round. It may be easy or it may not. I've been pondering this for when I got the chance.

Named "character " from an EON film.

1. I need assistance from two of my friends
    2. I dont survive but I'm fairly certain my partner does.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    'Character' in inverted commas- interesting! :)
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,416
    Edited clue 2 slightly and moved to new page.

Named "character " from an EON film.

1. I need assistance from two of my friends
    It takes 2 people to get me activated

2. I dont survive but I'm fairly certain my partner does. However if my partner doesn't, its never seen.
    I end up blown up but we never see Petya destroyed. However since I am unfamiliar on how EMP weapons work I dont know.

3. I failed where my partner succeeded.
    I get destroyed before I fire, but Petya ends up doing so.

4. One wants to help me and another wants to hurt me.
    Boris wants me to succeed, but Natalya wants me destroyed

5. Someone is very upset at my demise.
    Boris

6 It wouldn't have happened if I were picked first.
    Ourumov picks Petya first

Incorrect Guesses:

Aircraft Pilot (QOS)
    Electric Eels (LTK)
    Jenny Flex
    Vargas
    1,000 pages of this thread -- amazing stuff, well done everyone.

The 'character' description is a curious one! Despite that, I'll kick things off with Jenny Flex.
    Not Jenny. But thanks for starting off

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The pilot of the aircraft that attacks Bond DC3 in QoS? I think he's got a callsign but I don't remember what it is. The Huey survives, his 'partner'.

I know it's a long shot but I had to come up with something to at least post at page 1000! ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The electric eels (LTK)?
    It's not the eels or the pilot from QOS
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Vargas ?
    Not Vargas
    Added two more clues for now. Ill update more accordingly
    I added a few more for today
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,426
    1000 pages, nice to have been a little part of this milestone.

I want to say the Goldeneye space based weapons system, but if it's right I suspect you want something more accurate, which is where I get hazy as I've never been able to figure out exactly how it works.

If I had to guess something more specific I'd say Mischa as that definitely burns up. But it depends if the satellite launches the nuclear warhead before detonatio (in which case Petya might have survived) or if it detonates inside the satellite (then I guess Petya is a goner as well).

Of course if it's nothing to do with Goldeneye I've made a fool of myself even suggesting it! :)
    edited October 2020 Posts: 40,473
    Wondering if I'm thinking too far outside the box on this one. It really has me stumped, in a good way.

Is it the guy in blue that Bond defeats at the karate school in TMWTGG? Sounds like he's named 'Tashman' or something.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,416
    @Max_The_Parrot

You're not a fool in suggesting that. I was hoping to have it going longer. But it is the Mischa satellite! Answers are above. I thought I'd be able to stump you all for a little bit
    Seems I was correct in my earlier thoughts of thinking way outside the box - good stuff, @Max_The_Parrot!
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Oh cool @Last_Rat_Standing that was a fun choice, just what we needed right now given the build-our-hopes-dash-our-hopes-scream-if-you-want-to-go-faster-Bond25-rollercoaster we are all strapped to at the moment! In that vein, I'll try and come up with another fun choice as well!

The two friends needed and having a partner lead me to Goldeneye, it just took a bit of pondering and checking to narrow it down to Mischa!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Another very good round! And @Max_The_Parrot won three times (almost?) in a row. Impressive.