The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    The trophy is still waiting to be claimed, I can also put @Creasy47's mind at rest by saying it's not any member of the bobsled team. New clues added.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Kissy ?
    Kissy is a miss(y) sorry
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Let's have some bonus clues, I feel like we should have a winner ...
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Chew Mee?

(that's a guess, not an invitation)
    Chew Mee is too busy finding where she left her clothes to appear here, sorry
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The Venetian punter who's boat gets ripped in two while the lovebirds in front don't notice anything in MR?
    It's a good punt, but no punters are part of this answer. Clues added.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Quarrel Jr.?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    R?
    'Fraid not, keep trying 🤞
    Annabelle Cheung a.k.a. Freelance?
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    004?
    We're not there yet, but I've adjusted clue 13 to make it a more accurate, and a thought has struck me that clue 15 is a very British picture clue, so I've added a caption for our non-UK members who might not know what it is.

I feel we're making progress! :)
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Green 4 (Blaydon Butler)
    Not Green 4 either, despite his excellent choice in avian companions
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Hinx?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Midge (OP)?
    All interesting guesses but we need new clues 🤞
    Guess the EON character

1 I may have been last at the start but by the end I'll be the first
    2 What may be a leisure activity for some is serious business for me ...
    3 ... although today I've hardly got my money's worth
    4 The one clear winner here still ends up the one clear loser
    5 I'm one of a pair, call us temporary and permanent
    6 There's no need to be so snappy, I'm only doing my job
    7 There's vital work I should be doing but I'll leave that for someone else to do
    8 My boss is someone in a position of strength, high up in the organisation you might say
    9 Frankly, would this have been a job better suited to Bond's friend in the CIA? ...
    10 ... as long as he doesn't use Honey's boat!
    11 Picture clue
    ChatSchrodiger.jpg.560x300_q85_box-0%2C41%2C591%2C358_crop_detail.jpg
    12 In a knot, like Robin's friend, the Miller's son?
    13 Thirteen turns out adds up to be unlucky for some
    14 Can you tell I'm in prime condition, even though parts of my performance may look like magic?
    15 Picture clue
    00376203.jpg
    (this is a picture of two sticks of pink rock, a hard candy usually mint flavoured that is a popular sight for tourists in British seaside destinations)
    16 I'm part of something significant that up to this point we'd only seen Bond do once before. This time it's a much more active moment.
    17 In the space of a few minutes, you see Bond do twice what I only do once
    18 Despite best intentions somebody noticed my arrival immediately

Characters guessed

Adam
    Annabelle Cheung
    Bobsled team FYEO
    Chew Mee
    Green 4
    Hawker
    Mr Hinx
    Jaws' assistant MR
    Kissy
    MacAdams
    Midge
    Pegasus
    Quarrel Jr
    R
    Simmons GF
    Tilly Masterson
    Tracy Bond
    Venetian punter (any) MR
    Vijay
    002 from TLD?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    002 from TLD?

That's good, certainly seems to work with the 'thirteen' clue.

Just in case you're wrong I'll guess at 004 :)
    mtm wrote: »
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    002 from TLD?

That's good, certainly seems to work with the 'thirteen' clue.

Just in case you're wrong I'll guess at 004 :)

I've already guessed 004. It was incorrect.
    Excellent work @Tokoloshe2 I was beginning to panic as my plan to try and come up with a quick round was failing miserably, as was my ability to come up with any new clues!!

It was of course the lucky (Bond wasn't going to die so it was 50-50 between the other two!) 002 from TLD.

he was the last 00 to land his parachute, but he'll be the first in the list of characters played after this round is solved

paintballing

gets caught within seconds of landing

004 is the only one not to get shot by the SAS but ends up being killed for real

One of two 002's mentioned in the films, whereas Bill Fairbanks is really dead, this 002 is only 'playing dead'

Snaps a branch off the tree when he lands

7 There's vital work I should be doing but I'll leave that for someone else to do
    chasing the assassin, which 002 seems to have left 007 to sort out

8 My boss is someone in a position of strength, high up in the organisation you might say
    M gives the briefing from the sky, aboard a Lockheed C-130 Hercules - a god famed for his strength

9 Frankly, would this have been a job better suited to Bond's friend in the CIA? ...
    Operation Felix was the codename for the proposed seizing of Gibraltar by Germany. Hitler discussed the idea with Franco.

According to Bond, her boat can be detected by radar

11 Picture clue Schrödinger's cat
    002 is both alive and 'dead' (in the exercise) at the same time, similar to the cat's unknown state in the thought experiment

Much (the Miller's son from the legends of Robin Hood) when rearranged gives chum. The SAS soldier says to 002 'that's it chum, you're out of it' when caught. As well as pointing to an anagram, 'in a knot' also references getting the parachute caught in the tree.

13 Thirteen adds up to be unlucky for some
    M chooses 002, 004 and 007 for the exercise adding up to 13, it's unlucky for 004 who loses his life

14 Can you tell I'm in prime condition, even though parts of my performance may look like magic?
    He's certainly physically fit to be a 00, and skydiving seems like magic. However this is mainly a clue pointing to the number 2, which is even and prime in mathematics and magic in physics

15 Picture clue - two sticks of pink rock
    The 'Rock of Gibraltar', pink refers to the colour of the paintballs used and 2 is of course 002

16 I'm part of something significant that up to this point we'd only seen Bond do once before. This time it's a much more active moment.
    Seen alongside other 00 agents - the previous time in Thunderball, Bond merely sat alongside them in the briefing

Bond also deploys his reserve chute to escape the falling Land Rover at the end of the PTS

Caught almost instantly on landing

Commiserations to @WillyGalore_Redux I was sure you would follow up 004 with 002!
    Excellent work @Tokoloshe2 I was beginning to panic as my plan to try and come up with a quick round was failing miserably, as was my ability to come up with any new clues!!

It was of course the lucky (Bond wasn't going to die so it was 50-50 between the other two!) 002 from TLD.

he was the last 00 to land his parachute, but he'll be the first in the list of characters played after this round is solved

paintballing

gets caught within seconds of landing

004 is the only one not to get shot by the SAS but ends up being killed for real

One of two 002's mentioned in the films, whereas Bill Fairbanks is really dead, this 002 is only 'playing dead'

Snaps a branch off the tree when he lands

chasing the assassin, which 002 seems to have left 007 to sort out

M gives the briefing from the sky, aboard a Lockheed C-130 Hercules - a god famed for his strength

Operation Felix was the codename for the proposed seizing of Gibraltar by Germany. Hitler discussed the idea with Franco.

According to Bond, her boat can be detected by radar

11 Picture clue Schrödinger's cat
    002 is both alive and 'dead' (in the exercise) at the same time, similar to the cat's unknown state in the thought experiment

Much (the Miller's son from the legends of Robin Hood) when rearranged gives chum. The SAS soldier says to 002 'that's it chum, you're out of it' when caught. As well as pointing to an anagram, 'in a knot' also references getting the parachute caught in the tree.

13 Thirteen adds up to be unlucky for some
    M chooses 002, 004 and 007 for the exercise adding up to 13, it's unlucky for 004 who loses his life

He's certainly physically fit to be a 00, and skydiving seems like magic. However this is mainly a clue pointing to the number 2, which is even and prime in mathematics and magic in physics

15 Picture clue - two sticks of pink rock
    The 'Rock of Gibraltar', pink refers to the colour of the paintballs used and 2 is of course 002

Seen alongside other 00 agents - the previous time in Thunderball, Bond merely sat alongside them in the briefing

Bond also deploys his reserve chute to escape the falling Land Rover at the end of the PTS

Caught almost instantly on landing

Commiserations to @WillyGalore_Redux I was sure you would follow up 004 with 002!

I actually meant 002 and got them mixed up the wrong way round ~X( What a donut I am.
    Congrats though to @Tokoloshe2 for getting it.
    Splendid. I had worked out your anagram indicator for Much leading to Chum, hence my guess of 'Chew Mee'. Totally forgot the actual use of the word 'chum'!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I must admit I'd get the two mixed up as well! :)
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    The pink rock picture was a smart one! I thought the cat picture referred to QoS because of the quantum theory...
    Like many people I'm having difficulty accessing this site at the moment due to a problem with the security certificate, so I'll give it a couple of days before attempting to start the next round.

Meanwhile I shall be plotting 😊
    OK let's do this. A named and speaking Eon character:

1. I am the second of three people to be given an important job. None of the three will entirely succeed.

2. What am I good for? Absolutely nothing!