The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Not Estrella
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Not him or his estranged daughter
    I know the feeling. I do all of this through my phone
  • John3John3 The Netherlands
    Mary Goodnight
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Vijay?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Francisco the Fearless
    None of them. Keep at it though
    I added 3 more for today.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Lisl?
    Not the Countess
    Ladislav Kutze
    Hydrofoil Captain in Thunderball?
    One guess at a time. But its neither

We making up rules now? I can only find time to post my guesses at certain times of the day, you actually want me to check to see if someone else has guessed before I have another go?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,417

We making up rules now? I can only find time to post my guesses at certain times of the day, you actually want me to check to see if someone else has guessed before I have another go?

That's not what I'm saying. You guessed Kutze and the Hydrofoil Captain pretty much at the same time. That's what I'm meant by one guess. Guess one and wait for my response, then go again if it's incorrect.

That's not what I'm saying. You guessed Kutze and the Hydrofoil Captain pretty much at the same time. That's what I'm meant by one guess. Guess one and wait for my response, then go again if it's incorrect.

Ah I see, NP thanks for clarifying.. I did not think of the second one until I had posted the first, I should have amended my initial post.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 2,138
    Birdleson wrote: »

That is a long standing rule.

Tends to be when there is a game, the rules are at the front. Not presumed or added too for the benefit of new players. Perhaps clarification at the start of the topic. As I said many do not have all day to spend on the forum and can only play when they have free time, awaiting someone else to have guess before guessing again is just ruining the fun aspect of it.

This becoming a common trend on the forum, old guard stating rules never heard of before.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I am admittedly 'old guard' from the former KTBEU site,where this game originally started many years back,and the ruling is correct.

However,to be fair to @SirHilaryBray ,he only joined here in 2014 and the old rules arnt stated on the opening post on here,so basically everyone is correct.
    Clues moved
    EON character.

1. I disguise myself as something that I'm not.
    2. I'm not a great babysitter, as evident by my actions
    3. There was once more of us
    4. I caused an interruption at one of the better times for 007.
    5. I really should be paying attention to this.
    6. What's going on behind my back?
    7. It all ended so fast.
    8. Sorry, but I'm not interested in you.
    9. Bond and I swap places very rapidly.
    10. I'm actually quite the opposite of how I'm viewed , from a visual standpoint and based on attire
    11. Clues 5 and 6 are extremely similar given the circumstances .
    12. Things eventually became extremely bumpy.
    13. I ignore Bonds statement.
    14. Quite a rapid response.

Incorrect Guesses

Aston Martin Vanquish
    Bunky
    Countess Lisl
    Davidov
    Estrella
    Hinx
    Holly Goodhead
    Hydrofoil Captain (TB)
    Jacoba Brink
    Kristatos
    Kutze
    Largo
    Madame Boitier
    Mayday
    Melina Havelock
    Miss Taro
    Mrs. Whistler
    Peter Frank's
    Pussy Galore
    R
    Rodney
    Sadanoyama
    Strawberry Fields
    Tilly Masterson
    Tula (FYEO)
    Van Bierk
    Vijay
    Yusef Kabira
  • The Invisible Aston Martin Vanquish
    Not that. My character is human and is physically on screen
    Not that. My character is human and is physically on screen

Is it a speaking part,Rat ?
    That's up to you to decide
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SirHilaryBray, that's not the case whatsoever; that's been the rule ever since I joined over six years ago.

You're also mixing it up, I think - you don't have to wait for someone else to guess before you can, you just have to wait for the person hosting the round to inform you that your guess is incorrect before going again.

Otherwise, I could just post 200 characters in a row and the game would end fairly quick.
    That's up to you to decide

Bugger,i thought you might say that ;)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Vijay?
    Not Vijay
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Melina Havelock.
    Not Miss Havelock
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I am admittedly 'old guard' from the former KTBEU site,where this game originally started many years back,and the ruling is correct.

However,to be fair to @SirHilaryBray ,he only joined here in 2014 and the old rules arnt stated on the opening post on here,so basically everyone is correct.

Let's keep it fun.. Citing rules

That is a long standing rule.

Tends to be when there is a game, the rules are at the front. Not presumed or added too for the benefit of new players. Perhaps clarification at the start of the topic. As I said many do not have all day to spend on the forum and can only play when they have free time, awaiting someone else to have guess before guessing again is just ruining the fun aspect of it.

This becoming a common trend on the forum, old guard stating rules never heard of before.

I did not read thoroughly at first, which is why I changed my post. I just was agreeing that the rule is you wait for your guess to be answered before you guess again.

Sorry I just don't see the point of such a rule. Maybe I'm missing something. We're here to have fun draconian rules for the sake of it just put a dampener on proceedings.