The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's right, you did. I only thought of him because his name does appear in Goldfinger, I believe. Back to the drawing board.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    James Bond, author of Birds of the West Indies as seen in DAD?
    Honestly, it's a little deflating to know that someone has already solved it. It kind of kills my motivation. Anyway, here's one more "out there" guess: The Vesper martini?
    Of course that doesn't work if the last name is martini though.
    Probably off the mark because it definitely doesn't match a clue or two, but I can't get it out of my head: is it the Woman with a Fan painting (SF/SP)?
    Madame Boitier?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Anya Amasova
    Al Capone in Scaramanga's Funhouse?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Anita Ekberg.

Red from the infrared scope
    Call me Bwana
    Bob Hope
    Gemma - (Mathis's lady)
    or Corrine from end of QOS?
    Martine Beswick as the gypsy girl in FRWL,that was non-speaking part per se,and she did appear later as Paula in TB ..
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Thanks. I'll try to have one up soon.
    Wow, it would've taken me a long time to figure that one out. Nice job, Mr. Rat. You're on fire.

@Birdleson, those clues were magnificent. Nicely done as always. However... isn't it a bit of a stretch to consider her a character? This isn't sour grapes or anything like that. Just want to hear your thoughts on it.
    I have one sooner than I thought.

EON character.

1. I'm disguise myself as something that I'm not.
    2. I'm not a great babysitter, as evident by my actions
    3. There was once more of us.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Well that was a daft round. Here I was, wasting my time, thinking that we were searching for a character! How silly of me! I must need my lenses checked because I was sure the thread was called "the brand new guess the character".
    I made a few of those guesses because I knew this was going to be an outside the box type answer based on the clues, but I'm not sure I would've actually played them myself.

Anyway, it's all in good fun. Everyone must use their best judgement. Too many rules would probably make the game stale. There has to be some unpredictable rounds to keep things fresh I suppose. Thanks for your response.
    It's not like it's the first time we've had a wacky type of character played. In the last two years we've seen the ashes of Stacey's grandfather and Mickey Mouse from SP played. It's fun having to think out of the box with rounds like this.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    All he had to do was say that this wasn't a character and that would've been totally fine.

But I guess we can do whatever we want. I'm already debating on whether I should go for a door or maybe a shoelace as my next character. My next round will be a blast.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    If I came out and said "it's not a character " as opposed to just omitting the word, I fear the game wouldn't have lasted very long. As it is it was solved in six clues, originally.

A little snippy and sarcastic there @BondAficionado . This was the 56th round I've played, I think I'm entitled to mix it up a little to avoid staleness.

This. Mentioning it's not a character immediately cuts down on 99% of the guesses and makes for a quick round.

No need to take it so personally, @BondAficionado. It's only a game.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Moved. I like the obscure ones myself from time to time.

have one sooner than I thought.

EON character.

1. I disguise myself as something that I'm not.
    2. I'm not a great babysitter, as evident by my actions
    3. There was once more of us
    4. I caused an interruption at one of the better times for 007.
    5. I really should be paying attention to this.
    6. What's going on behind my back?
    7. It all ended so fast.
    8. Sorry, but I'm not interested in you.
    9. Bond and I swap places very rapidly.
    10. I'm actually quite the opposite of how I'm viewed , from a visual standpoint and based on attire

Incorrect Guesses

Davidov
    Hinx
    Jacoba Brink
    Kristatos
    Madame Boitier
    Mrs. Whistler
    Rodney
    Strawberry Fields
    Tilly Masterson
    Yusef Kabira
    Was literally just going to guess her.

Hinx?
    Neither
    009?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Tilly Masterson. Or 'ton.
    Not them
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    pachazo wrote: »
    Wow, it would've taken me a long time to figure that one out. Nice job, Mr. Rat. You're on fire.

@Birdleson, those clues were magnificent. Nicely done as always. However... isn't it a bit of a stretch to consider her a character? This isn't sour grapes or anything like that. Just want to hear your thoughts on it.

Someone did solve it, and relatively fast. It is ok to shake things up a bit once in a while. That was a good one.
    Jacoba Brink ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kristatos?
    Not them . Added a clue