The brand new guess the character

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    People complain about inactivity in this game and the overall lack of enthusiasm our members have to get involved with it these days, but guess what? This is exactly why such things happen. If you choose to join in the game and offer forth a guess, be ready to check the game on a consistent and frequent basis to give updates and clues if you happen to guess correctly and acquire the ability to lead a new round. I have seen games end or slowly die out because those that have control don't ever check the game to update the guessers or in some cases, they just leave and don't give us any correspondence at all for months at a time. I don't mean to be rude, but it is seriously getting annoying now.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So let's move on. I don't want to be the one to start a new one, but who does? I'm happy for anybody to move on here ... Sharkbait can join us again when he can. Who would like a go? :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So let's move on. I don't want to be the one to start a new one, but who does? I'm happy for anybody to move on here ... Sharkbait can join us again when he can. Who would like a go? :)

I don't think moving on is a good move. @SharkBait is active on this site almost every single day, but the issue is that he neglects to show up and give us an update in this particular thread. I say we create a correspondence with him and get this matter sorted out so that his game can get back on track again.
    Really? I thought he had been PMd by now. And I didn't know he was that active.
    Okay, we can wait a while. But I don't see the harm in moving on in a few days if he has not responded.
    It's been over four weeks now since @Sharkbait last participated on this, not only that, still only two clues to work with, and needless to say - no further updates

I think it's fair as mentioned to simply wait until he gets notice of this once again, rather than anyone take it upon themselves to take over in his absence, but as it's been mentioned by a fair number of participants - damn frustrating when this remains static
    I shot him a PM. We shall see if he gets the message.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    People complain about inactivity in this game and the overall lack of enthusiasm our members have to get involved with it these days, but guess what? This is exactly why such things happen. If you choose to join in the game and offer forth a guess, be ready to check the game on a consistent and frequent basis to give updates and clues if you happen to guess correctly and acquire the ability to lead a new round. I have seen games end or slowly die out because those that have control don't ever check the game to update the guessers or in some cases, they just leave and don't give us any correspondence at all for months at a time. I don't mean to be rude, but it is seriously getting annoying now.

In regards to this, I posted how there's been a lack of interest in a lot of threads like this, where threads just die out or people just leave with no forewarning whatsoever.
    Sorry for my inactivity here. I think it would be better that someone else would take over the game.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Do you have another clue for us?

1. I must seem like air to you
    2. I was dead tired when you showed up
    If no clue, @SharkBait - please at least give us the answer.
    Then we will move on. :)

• oo7oo7
    1- I didn't go to Singapore for this sling
    oo7 wrote:

So are we continuing on with something else? I'm confused. Either way, this just really needs to get off the ground again and continue.
  • oo7oo7
    2- you will find me new yet familiar
  • Mallory?
  • oo7oo7
    well done. over to you.
  • I'll try to have one up tomorrow.
    I'll try to have one up tomorrow.

You get 24 hours to post one. If not, it goes over to the first person to continue it. I believe Benny set these guidelines a while back to have a sort of continuity throughout threads like this.
  • New character:

1. People like me best when I almost do things.

2. I'd fail a gun safety course.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Rosie Carver from LALD?
  • No. Keep on guessing.
    Kara from TLD?
  • Nope.
    Tiffany Case?
  • Yes! Tiffany Case it is.

The first is a reference to "that's a lovely little nothing you're almost wearing", and the second is a reference to her falling off the oil rig with the machine gun.

Take it away, saunders.
    Thanks @Soundofthesinners, right here we go:

1. This character is not quite the hero they think they are.

2. This character was stopped dead in their tracks.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If @SharkBait is reading this, what was the answer to yours?
  • Kristatos?
  • oo7oo7
    Gen. Orlov
    oo7 wrote:
    Gen. Orlov

Good work @oo7.

The first clue was a reference to his line "Tomorrow I will be a hero of the Soviet union", and he was shot dead while running along railway tracks.

Over to you.

That was a good one! Looking forward to the next round.

Yes, I'd like @Sharkbait to give us his answer, too. ;)