Activision Bond Announcement Scheduled for Tomorrow

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited April 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 3,277
Probably the new Bond game, based on the upcoming movie Skyfall. Let's wait and see.

A couple of weeks ago EON/Danjaq have registered the domain for 007 LEGENDS. So this could be our new game.

007legendsdomains.png

xxx

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Thanks for the heads-up, @marketto007!

007 Legends sounds interesting. I hope they will make a PC version this time...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very interesting - can't wait to hear more about it. The last Bond game I really enjoyed was QoS, just for the simplistic fun in the multiplayer.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I just really hope it's not a FPS. I wouldn't mind a game similar to Bloodstone, a free roam game would be awesome (now I'm dreaming).

007 legends. I like the sound of that. Maybe we'll get a Skyfall game, and 007 legends will be a game with all the Bonds in. Sounds like that sort of thing.

Thanks for the info @marketto.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,182
    007 legends. I like the sound of that. Maybe we'll get a Skyfall game, and 007 legends will be a game with all the Bonds in. Sounds like that sort of thing.

I doubt that. I think it will have only Craig's Bond, but all the villains, henchmen and locations.
    gt007 wrote:

I doubt that. I think it will have only Craig's Bond, but all the villains, henchmen and locations.

Yeah you're probably right. It does sound like it'll be related to past films though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Where does it state an announcement is coming tomorrow?

I look forward to hearing more and this may only be one of the two games planned for this year.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    gt007 wrote:

Not another f***ing Rogue Agent, please!
    gt007 wrote:

Not another f***ing Rogue Agent, please!

I agree. That series got old a long time ago. It would be fun to see a Bond videogame that let you pick which of the six actors you’d like to play as. I’d also really like to see more of a sand-box Bond game, although Rockstar would be better for that than Activision, so it’ll probably be another COD dressed up as Bond, which I feel is getting old.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    They should hand the reigns over to naughty dog, they make epic cinematic adventure games! Epic!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Activision only have the rights until 2014, so only three more years with them perhaps.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Activision only have the rights until 2014, so only three more years with them perhaps.

I hope Rockstar gets it after that...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Samuel001 wrote:

That all depends. Activision has done better with the series critic-wise than EA did (especially after EoN, where their two final games really went downhill). Plus, Activision can always push out another CoD Bond game, which people will buy because of the world's motel-room affair with Call of Duty.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DCisared wrote:
    They should hand the reigns over to naughty dog, they make epic cinematic adventure games! Epic!

I'd rather hear that their working on U4 rather than a Bond game. As much of a Bond fan as I am, I must say that no Bond game has matched the sheer cimematic style excitement of any of the Uncharted games. This new Bond game, i'd like it to go one of two ways...

1) A Dalton game. An adaption of TLD or LTK, or even an adaption of the Bond#17 screenplay, and set in 1991. Like EON, give Bond #17 the full cimenatic treatment with it's own title theme and cast.

2) A Bond game featuring a generic Bond. The game is set on the villains (Far Cry esque) island retreat. The island is broken up into different zones (hotel complex, industrial, jungle, mountains etc...), with only the first zone open to begin with.
    Samuel001 wrote:

That all depends. Activision has done better with the series critic-wise than EA did (especially after EoN, where their two final games really went downhill). Plus, Activision can always push out another CoD Bond game, which people will buy because of the world's motel-room affair with Call of Duty.

This philosophy didn't work with GE:Reloaded. Reloaded was a complete failure.
    Hopefully this is our 6 bond multi-film game we have been dreaming of. I mean 007 Legends sounds like it could or knowing Activison it could be a tiddlywinks mini game for call of duty!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If Dalton is included in any way then I will pre-order the best edtition possible. And I NEVER pre order games normally.

If there is a god, please include every Bond!!!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Maybe this time Raven will team-up again to finish this game.

xxx
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope it's the Raven game or a Skyfall 3rd person tie in. I don't want any 1st person BS, but knowing Activision that is how the chips will fall. 007 Legends, huh? Why do I get the feeling all Bonds will be included? The title just feels all encompassing.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 624
    That cancelled game looks sweet!

Look, let's get this straight. If the game is indeed called 007 Legends, it WILL NOT feature all 6 Bonds. It will be Craig. He has the contract to be Bond. No one else.

I hope I don't have to eat those words tomorrow. :))

A game with all 6 Bonds would be cool though, but it wouldn't happen til Craig's contract is over.
    Samuel001 wrote:

French press @Samuel001.

Regarding the cancelled game on the video above, If you notice, I have edited and uploaded the video in a secondary JamesBondBrasil channel on Youtube, because the first time I've made the upload, in my former account "marketto007", the Channel has been cancelled.

xxx
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

French press @Samuel001.

Regarding the cancelled game on the video above, If you notice, I have edited and uploaded the video in a secondary JamesBondBrasil channel on Youtube, because the first time I've made the upload, in my former account "marketto007", the Channel has been cancelled.

xxx

If they still have it under copyright then it has to be in development still. One hopes. The Raven game looked amazing.
    And the rooftop chase reminds us something, eh? :P Maybe they will add some bikes this time. :D

xxx
    And the rooftop chase reminds us something, eh? :P Maybe they will add some bikes this time. :D

xxx
    And a suit.
    Look, let's get this straight. If the game is indeed called 007 Legends, it WILL NOT feature all 6 Bonds. It will be Craig. He has the contract to be Bond. No one else.

Stop getting my hopes down!!!! I want to play as Dalton!!!!
  • Look, let's get this straight. If the game is indeed called 007 Legends, it WILL NOT feature all 6 Bonds. It will be Craig. He has the contract to be Bond. No one else.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I'm just looking at the facts. Craig has the contract. That's why Brozzers wasn't allowed to play Bond in a VG of his movie! ~X(

Let's look at each Bond individually:
    Connery: Won't do it. He's retired.
    Lazenby: I'm sure he'd do it.
    Moore: He'd do it.
    Dalton: He'd do it.
    Brosnan: Sour grapes. I doubt he'd want to do it.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I'm just looking at the facts. Craig has the contract. That's why Brozzers wasn't allowed to play Bond in a VG of his movie! ~X(

Let's look at each Bond individually:
    Connery: Won't do it. He's retired.
    Lazenby: I'm sure he'd do it.
    Moore: He'd do it.
    Dalton: He'd do it.
    Brosnan: Sour grapes. I doubt he'd want to do it.

I doubt Connery will do it but he did the FRWL game after he retired from making films so maybe? Lasenby yes, Moore definetly, Dalton yes, Brosnan maybe? I hope he will.
  • Yes, I hope Connery would partake, but he's long retired now.

I think Brosnan is done with all things Bond. He's been slapped in the face twice now by the Bond folks.
    1.) He was kicked out after DAD. I'm sure he'd have loved to do CR.
    2.) Goldeneye Reloaded had DC in it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894
    I don't think he really cares about GE:R. However, I imagine he's still sucking on a big ol' bitter lemon as far as movie Bond is concerned. So I wouldn't bet on him taking part in any of this years festivities.

The best we're gonna get is Lazenby, Moore, Dalton & Craig.
    With as un-involved the other Bonds have been for the 50th so far, I doubt they're all working on a video game collaboration.. unfortunately.

It would have likely slipped, or we would hear more about them being involved in something.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    The Bond actors haven't really been needed yet.