Activision Bond Announcement Scheduled for Tomorrow

2»

Comments

We'll see what happens with this. 007 Legends doesn't sound like a big video game release though. Maybe something for Vita or 3DS or even IOS? Let's hope for the best though!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    We'll see what happens with this. 007 Legends doesn't sound like a big video game release though. Maybe something for Vita or 3DS or even IOS? Let's hope for the best though!

How doesn't that title sound like a big release?! And it's the big 50th to boot!!!
    To us Bond fans it does def! Don't get me wrong, the title excites me. But it just doesn't seem like something that Activison would title a Bond game. They would rather title it something generic like Blood Stone (which had very little connection to the plot). But hey let's hope I'm wrong!
    I dont wanna sound like sour grapes becvause hey I want more bond games and I'd Like to Play More as Craig as well (though a Dalton Bond game would be cool.... sigh) and I'm excited about tomorrow

but

007: Legends when did bond become a cd collection you see at 3 in the morning on the home shopping network.

I hope that isn't the title I really really hope it isn't

But if it is

007: Legends and sky Fall the video Game I could live with that... especially if 007: legends is what I hope Craig bond in 3rd person playing through scenes from all 22 films SO bad ASS
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hopefully something new and exciting is announced tomorrow. Fingers bloody crossed. Best case scenario we get two Bond games this year with one or both being third person that are executed brilliantly. If that is so, I'll be a happy consumer. :)
    Hopefully something new and exciting is announced tomorrow. Fingers bloody crossed. Best case scenario we get two Bond games this year with one or both being third person that are executed brilliantly. If that is so, I'll be a happy consumer. :)

I Think they have always hinted at two for this year. So. Best and unlikely case scenario we get three!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Activision only have the rights until 2014, so only three more years with them perhaps.

That all depends. Activision has done better with the series critic-wise than EA did (especially after EoN, where their two final games really went downhill). Plus, Activision can always push out another CoD Bond game, which people will buy because of the world's motel-room affair with Call of Duty.

This philosophy didn't work with GE:Reloaded. Reloaded was a complete failure.

Not critically. Critically, it was a complete success.
    Perhaps a Roger Moore game is finally in production?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Perhaps a Roger Moore game is finally in production?

Doubtful, but there's always hope.
  • The thing to remember here, sadly, all the previous Bonds can bring to the game is their voices, I would say only Dalton & Brozzer really still sound anything like they did as Bond, Sean, Rog and George sound like very old men, this is because they are very old men, so unless you can autotune 40 years off them, they'll probably spoil it. If you listen to Sean in the FRWL game you can really tell he's getting on a bit and he's got worse since then.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Activision announces 007 Legends for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Follow the discussion here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2931/007-legends-announced

xxx
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I don't think he really cares about GE:R. However, I imagine he's still sucking on a big ol' bitter lemon as far as movie Bond is concerned. So I wouldn't bet on him taking part in any of this years festivities.

The best we're gonna get is Lazenby, Moore, Dalton & Craig.

I do think that Brosnan is going to be taking part in the 50th anniversary celebrations later this year. I remember reading it somewhere. But I could be wrong.

I would think, for his reputation of still being mad, it would be good to show up and proof them wrong.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,691
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Activision only have the rights until 2014, so only three more years with them perhaps.

That all depends. Activision has done better with the series critic-wise than EA did (especially after EoN, where their two final games really went downhill). Plus, Activision can always push out another CoD Bond game, which people will buy because of the world's motel-room affair with Call of Duty.

Reloaded is a complete insult to the franchise. Maybe it was a good game, but it simply vomits all over the Bond name and vomits all over the Bond fans.

Besides, GE:Reloaded is not a Bond game.
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Reloaded is a complete insult to the franchise. Maybe it was a good game, but it simply vomits all over the Bond name and vomits all over the Bond fans.

Besides, GE:Reloaded is not a Bond game.

This. GE:Reloaded was crap. It ruined the story with pointless changes. It was fun gameplay wise but it wrecked Brosnans film. I like Craig, but this was BROSNANS, and I know he couldn't do it and probably didn't care, but his fans do and if he can't/won't do it, then don't make it a GE game.

GE reloaded was a pointless cash in, which I would've enjoyed more if they'd made an original plot instead of just ruining GE.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,691
    You can clearly see that GE:Wii and GE:Reloaded were advertized as the new Goldeneye games, as if the fact they featured James Bond was secondary. I think it's impossible to call them Bond games, as clearly the 'GE' name was put forward. The 2 games put forward the 007/Bond brand at all, but they were simply advertized as the new GE version. I have hard time calling these 2 games as 'Bond games' when it's clear Activision didn't give a damn about the James Bond name, they just wanted to make some cash on the Goldeneye name.