The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• edited March 2020 Posts: 850
    Thanks again Revelator, I have includead all that. Let's continue to dig in Moore Era :

For your eyes only, can see me through the night

We agree that there is two sens : "you can see me through the darkness of the night (like a night-vision)" and "you can see me all the night"?

[You can see so much in me], so much in me that's new

It like : "this is new that you can see so much in me" (it's my guess) or "you can see so much new things in me"?

Maybe I'm an open book, because I know you're mine

I'm not sure this phrase make sens, if it had been "Maybe you are an open book, because I know that you're mine" I would have understand. But there... Don't really understand the sens.

And for finish with this movie, there is some transcripts divergences on the web : "You see what no one else can see, now I'm breaking free" or "You'll see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free"?

For We're an all time high I juste need a confirmation for start :

We're an all time high = We are an unprecedented level, a record/unmatched peak ?

I don't want to waste a waking moment; I don't want to sleep

Waking moment = the moment where you awakening after sleeping? Or a moment of full consciousness, awareness?
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,426

I would have said ‘you are the only one who can help me through the night’ ie the only person I want to be with to get me through the (lonely?) nights’ - ‘eyes’ being used to represent the whole person
    [You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new

‘You are able to discover so many new aspects to my personality that I didn’t know were there’ ie I’m discovering I’m a different (better? More enriched? More happy?) person now that you are in my life

I think you’re right, I think it was meant to say something like ‘I’m an open book because I show that you are mine’ - the word choice is slightly wrong

I would say waking moment = all the time they are awake and together - she doesn’t want to sleep because then she is not experiencing and enjoying every moment that she is with you when you are both awake
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,009
    Something I asked - and has been answered - in another thread, but I'd like to see if there's an "official" stance on this:

On the cinematic OHMSS, is Campbell an Union Corse henchman rather than an MI6 agent? So far, we're at least two who think that's the case. I mean, he's in Switzerland, in a Draco construction site helping a semi-rogue Bond to illegally steal some info - and a Playboy centerfold - from a honest (?) lawyer.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I always assumed Campbell was MI6, and various wikis list him as such, although from memory, the only bit of information we get in the film is that he's British.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    My understanding is that he is Draco's man. MI6 isn't involved in this operation.
    Thanks Max_The_Parrot. I can't wait to see the Revelator POV too.

Campbell is definitly MI6 in the novel, he is described as "Number 2 from Station Z in Zurich". But your right NicNac, MI6 seems isn't involved in the novel : "Station Z had especially been told nothing about Bond's mission. Campbell must have been following a lead of his own, probably trailing this Russian who had been 'buying supplies'. "
    I agree Campbell could be viewed either way.

Cork and Stutz’s James Bond Encyclopedia list him as a British Secret Service agent aiding Bond however. Quote: ‘Blofeld tortures Campbell, forcing the agent to reveal enough information to unmask his and Bond’s true identities’.

The book blurb says it is produced in collaboration with EON so it’s probably as near to an official answer as we will get.
    First of all thanks to all. I think the *movies'* Campbell issue is one of the funniest ones to debate about in all the saga, because it's as open as it can be, and see we're all still a bit divided about his status.
    I agree Campbell could be viewed either way.

Cork and Stutz’s James Bond Encyclopedia list him as a British Secret Service agent aiding Bond however. Quote: ‘Blofeld tortures Campbell, forcing the agent to reveal enough information to unmask his and Bond’s true identities’.

The book blurb says it is produced in collaboration with EON so it’s probably as near to an official answer as we will get.

Fair enough. At least there's something to refer to.

We agree that there is two senses : "you can see me through the darkness of the night (like a night-vision)" and "you can see me all the night"?

Correct. Max is also correct when he lists an important third meaning ("you are the only one who can help me through the night"--as in the Kris Kristofferson song "Help me Make It Through the Night").
    To "see someone through" is an expression meaning "To provide someone with the necessary resources or support to complete something or reach the end of a period of time."
    So Bond's eyes (which stand for himself) allow the singer to endure the night.
    [You can see so much in me], so much in me that's new

It like : "this is new that you can see so much in me" (it's my guess) or "you can see so much new things in me"?

The second guess is correct. The implication is that loving Bond has made her a new woman, and Bond can see this.

I'm not sure this phrase make sens, if it had been "Maybe you are an open book, because I know that you're mine" I would have understand. But there... Don't really understand the sense.

The singer is an open book (a person with no secrets, nothing to hide) because she knows Bond is her lover. She has nothing to hide from him.
    And for finish with this movie, there is some transcripts divergences on the web : "You see what no one else can see, now I'm breaking free" or "You'll see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free"?

It's definitely "You see what no one else can see." Possibly "and" comes before "Now I'm breaking free." You'll have to use your judgment.
    For We're an all time high I juste need a confirmation for start :

We're an all time high = We are an unprecedented level, a record/unmatched peak ?

Correct.

Waking moment = the moment where you awakening after sleeping? Or a moment of full consciousness, awareness?

Your second guess is correct. A waking moment is any conscious one.
    Thanks again Revelator! Thanks to you two I was able to add corrections and annotations. I had complety missed the notion of eyes being the whole person, even if in France we have an equivalent to this (pour tes beaux yeux). The third meaning is very interresting. I learn so much things.

Before finish with Moore, Never Say Never Again (and the lyrics of this ones are goods IMO) :

I just could be the woman to take you

"To take you"? What is the sens? What would be a good synonym/replacement? Invite? I doubt that is is "to take you [somewhere]".

You've got all the moves
    Ah, but baby I've got them too

"Got" = "know" in this case ? They know all the move? Or maybe there is a more correct meaning?

To get it bad with a man who says "never"

"To get it bad with", I'm affraid that I absolutly no clues on the meaning of this.

I just could be the woman to reach you

What the sens of "reach you" in this case? Reach his heart ? Make you vulnerable?

And finally, we have A View To A Kill. The lyrics seems to make no sens (almost at all), like if some random phrases with no relation to each other have been added together... I know how to translate them, but the lyrics seems to make no sens. Is this normal to feels that? Is it just me? Did they make sens?

Again there is still divergences : "The weekend's why?", "The week end's why?" or "A week is why" ? (And and whatever the ones is correct : what is the meaning, that what is it doing there?).

The other divergence is : "The first crystal tears, fall as snowflakes on your body" (it's what I seems heard) or "Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body"?

(The demo's versions of the song could help to choose what transcript are rights or not : http://www.commander007.net/2015/try-another-day-musiques-recalees-demos-non-utilisees-2/ ).
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 2,896
    I just could be the woman to take you

"To take you"? What is the sense? What would be a good synonym/replacement? Invite? I doubt that is is "to take you [somewhere]".

The song is about a man who never wants to fall in love (Bond). The singer wants to make him fall so into love her that he will never say "never" again. She will "take him" by making him fall in love with her. Love will take him into her power.
    You've got all the moves
    Ah, but baby I've got them too

"Got" = "know" in this case ? They know all the move? Or maybe there is a more correct meaning?

Yes, "know" and "have."
    To get it bad with a man who says "never"

"To get it bad with", I'm afraid that I absolutely no clues on the meaning of this.

She has got a bad case of love for Bond.
    Similarly, in the novel of OHMSS, Blofeld becomes very anxious to be made a Count and Bond thinks "My God, you've got it bad!" Blofeld has got a bad case of snobbery.
    I just could be the woman to reach you

What the sens of "reach you" in this case? Reach his heart ? Make you vulnerable?

Yes, reach his heart (and mind).
    And finally, we have A View To A Kill. The lyrics seems to make no sens (almost at all), like if some random phrases with no relation to each other have been added together...

Correct! The lyrics do not make much sense.
    Again there is still divergences : "The weekend's why?", "The week end's why?" or "A week is why" ? (And and whatever the ones is correct : what is the meaning, that what is it doing there?).

I hear "The weekend's why" but still have no idea what it means.

A sacred why, a mystery gaping inside
    A weekend's why, until we...Dance into the fire

The "why" seems to mean a question or mystery. Perhaps the singer and his lover enjoy an incredible, mysterious weekend before dancing into the fire? Who knows?
    The other divergence is : "The first crystal tears, fall as snowflakes on your body" (it's what I seems heard) or "Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body"?

I believe it's "Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body." Snowflakes can be pretentiously described as the crystal tears of the earth.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Revelator wrote: »
    For my questionning of today I was wondering if there isn't an idiom hidden in "A spider's touch" from Goldfinger? I see it literally, like the [coldest] touch of this animal, by maybe I'm wrong?

"A spider's touch" is not an idiomatic phrase, but it's understood to mean that a spider's touch is both delicate and deadly. The phrase also contrasts with "Midas touch" beforehand. Everything Golfdinger touches turns to gold...and death.

"Spider" is also playing off "web of sin."
    Well, thanks to your answers. I added it in my document. I started my chronic today, you should see your name mentionned on it : https://www.facebook.com/CommanderJamesBondFrance/posts/2879683175410639 !

to take you -> to conquer you
    To get it bad with -> be infatuated

Anyway, dancing into a fire is not a thing that you should do (except if I not understand the real meaning, cause for me it's litteral : dancing in the flammes).

Time for Timothy Dalton, and my first question on TLD :

I swear my nerves are showing

"are showing"? Should I see it like "my nerves are shot/cracking"?

There is also the divergence I was talking before : "Hundred thousand people, I'm the one they blame" or "[...] I'm the one they frame"? On the album "Stay these on these roads" booklet it is writing "blame" ( https://cddvdcovers.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/a-ha-stay-on-these-roads-1988-booklet-03.jpg ) but you can't trust this booklet since it's writting that the chorus is "In the living daylights" while it's cleary something like "Ah, ah, ah (or oh oh oh), the living daylights", no?

Otherwise, I know the meaning of "[a word, like "scared"] the living daylights out of [someone]", but there in the lyrics I think that "the living daylights" should be understand more litteraly (in view of all references to the obscurity). No?

In If There Was A Man :

Saw my moments overdoomed but

Think I understand it, but not entierly sure. I'm not against a little explaaination.

In LTK :

Hey baby, thought you were the one who tried to run away

= "Hey baby, [you] thought you were the one who tried to run away?" ?

And you know I'm going straight for your heart

Was wondering if I should rather use the french equivalent of "aiming" than "going". It's the sens of this phrase? Licence to kill = means there is guns = so "go for your heart" is a equivalent to "aim the heart [with the gun]"?

No problem with the song If You Asked Me To.
    Anyway, dancing into a fire is not a thing that you should do (except if I not understand the real meaning, cause for me it's literal : dancing in the flames).

"Dance into the fire" is not an idiomatic expression, but the figurative meaning would be to do something dangerous but spectacular and exciting.
    I swear my nerves are showing

"are showing"? Should I see it like "my nerves are shot/cracking"?

That would be a valid interpretation. "My nerves are showing" could also mean that the singer is visibly nervous. Keep in mind that the lyrics, which are close to nonsense, were not written by native English speakers!
    There is also the divergence I was talking before : "Hundred thousand people, I'm the one they blame" or "[...] I'm the one they frame"?

I think it's "frame."
    Otherwise, I know the meaning of "[a word, like "scared"] the living daylights out of [someone]", but there in the lyrics I think that "the living daylights" should be understand more literally (in view of all references to the obscurity).

Yes, I'm not even sure if Aha uses the expression in the figurative sense!
    In If There Was A Man :

Saw my moments overdoomed but

Think I understand it, but not entierly sure. I'm not against a little explaaination.

The line is actually "All my moments overdue but". The moments are probably those of romance. There is no such word as "overdoomed" in English, so I'm surprised some of the lyric sites have used it!
    In LTK :

= "Hey baby, [you] thought you were the one who tried to run away?" ?

Not quite. "Hey baby, (I) thought..."
    And you know I'm going straight for your heart

Was wondering if I should rather use the french equivalent of "aiming" than "going".

Yes, unless the French equivalent of "going" could also mean "aiming," as in English.
    Thanks again, yep I wasn't finding overdoomed in dictionnaries, but figured that it should mean something like "more than doomed".

"All my moments overdue but" = "All my moments who didn't arrive on time but" (with "moment like "instant"?) ?

Ooh, baby, wasn't I the one who made you want to stay?

I have questions about the sens of theses phrases. "[ I ] thought you were the one who tried to run away" -> Seems to indicate that the guy didn't leave the singer (and it's rather indicate that it's the singer who leaved him).

So why "wasn't I the one who made you want to stay" if he didn't leave her?

I'm lost.

Entering the Brosnan era there is of course the word "GoldenEye", "Goldeneye" or "Golden eye" in the lyrics and it's seem untranslatable. Like the lyricist of Thunderball who probably didn't know what "Thunderball" meant, should we assume that it's the same case here? Do she talk of the satellite GoldenEye ? Or there is other sens I passed by?

In Tomorow never dies :

While you're chasing the morning light

Was wondering if there is more to see thank the litteral sens?

No problem with The experience of love, Surender, TWINE and DAD.

And for finish, why have You know my name (And the good thing is that there are officials lyrics : https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/56dc8dcca3360c8bedccf836/1473539556329-HCH6JPHH3IR77N725MKS/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kBl4YhVB5Auigv23BR74OHR7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1Ud6jofWplERTZ9x1dqt2TARYMkdb0pCyu0o_8qUFeiRxo3RdV9-jcOSmc0_vD1cfyQ/image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w ) :

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
    It longs to kill you
    Are you willing to die?

"It longs to kill you"? What does it mean : "that aspires to kill you"? "It's take time to kill you"? (probably no this meaning)

I've seen diamonds cut through harder men
    Than you yourself but if you must pretend
    You may meet your end

"but if you must pretend" = "But if you have to pretend (fake it)"

Try to hide your hand
    Forget how to feel

"Forget how to feel" : "Forget what to feel"? Not sure I get it, the sens.

Well next time it's Another way to die, and well, this one gived me lot of difficulty.
    "All my moments overdue but" = "All my moments who didn't arrive on time but" (with "moment like "instant"?) ?

Yes, all the romantic moments that hadn't arrived before now but should have.
    Ooh, baby, wasn't I the one who made you want to stay?

I have questions about the sense of these phrases. "[ I ] thought you were the one who tried to run away" -> Seems to indicate that the guy didn't leave the singer (and it's rather indicate that it's the singer who leaved him).

So why "wasn't I the one who made you want to stay" if he didn't leave her?

The man has either tried to run away in the past or is the sort who runs away from commitment in general (like Bond). The singer is the one who has made him want to stay in a committed relationship. She has made the man who liked to run away from love stay with her.
    "Goldeneye" or "Golden eye" in the lyrics and it's seem untranslatable. Like the lyricist of Thunderball who probably didn't know what "Thunderball" meant, should we assume that it's the same case here?

Yes. The lyric "Now I've got you in my sight/With a Goldeneye" suggests that the lyricists envisioned a special sort of eye.
    In Tomorrow never dies :

While you're chasing the morning light

Was wondering if there is more to see than the literal sense?

Chasing the morning light implies that the character frequently sees the dawn, which means he has been staying up all night, doing various dangerous or fun things.
    You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
    It longs to kill you
    Are you willing to die?

"It longs to kill you"? What does it mean : "that aspires to kill you"? "It's take time to kill you"? (probably no this meaning)

In English, "long" can be be used a verb, meaning "to feel a strong desire or craving."
    "It longs to kill you" means "It strongly desires to kill you."
    I've seen diamonds cut through harder men
    Than you yourself but if you must pretend
    You may meet your end

"but if you must pretend" = "But if you have to pretend (fake it)"

Yes, that's a valid reading. Another would be "If you pretend that you are invulnerable, you might be destroyed."
    Try to hide your hand
    Forget how to feel

"Forget how to feel" : "Forget what to feel"? Not sure I get it, the sense.

Try not to feel anything. Forget how to feel in general. Bond cannot indulge his emotions.
    Try to hide your hand
    Forget how to feel

"Forget how to feel" : "Forget what to feel"? Not sure I get it, the sens.

The lines are of course a poker reference (as the following ‘spin of the wheel’ references roulette) ie try to hide the cards you have in your hand - presumably because you have a winning hand - and keep a straight face (referred to as a ‘poker face’) in order to bluff/win the hand.

However as @Revelator mentions, in the context of the song, the references broadens beyond the poker game to Bond’s profession in general, ie as a paid assassin you need to try and remain cool and unemotional to be successful.
    Thanks you your explainations you two, it's help me a lot. Now the big part : Another way to die... I I have problem lot of lines.

Another ringer with the slick trigger finger for Her Majesty

Well what is a "ringer"? Unless the real transcription is "I know the player with the slick trigger finger..." like I can see on other sites?

Another one with the golden tongue poisoning your fantasy

Should I see "fantasy" like "immagination" (It's what I think) or like "[sexual] fantasy"?

Another bill from a killer turned a thriller to a tragedy

Bill = invoice?

A door left open, a woman walking by

"walking by" -> walking through there, around there?

A drop in the water, A look in your eye

Are we agree that I shouldn't shearch something else than the litteral meaning for "A look in your eye" (I look you in the eyes)?

A phone on the table, a man on your side

Did there man is in your side (like is located on the right/left of you), or did he work for the same side of you (like for the good guys/MI6 if Bond).

Another dirty money, heaven sent honey, turning on a dime

I guess "honey" is not bee's honey, but what would be a good equivalent?

turning on a dime = changing suddenly (but what does it mean? What the sens? How can money can change suddenly?).

+ Somebody can see this video? In y country it's seems the video is blocked.
    I put this as trivia, but now I ask it to all Bond fans who have seen DAF dubbed to another language: On the Catalan language dub, Bond, just before finding Shady Tree's corpse, actually speaks to the two gorgeous strippers he passes by. His line is: "What time are you doing your act, ladies?".
    I wonder if this is an ad-lib by the translator or there is another dub that also contains it.
    Now the big part : Another way to die... I I have problem lot of lines.

Well, it is a terrible song!
    Another ringer with the slick trigger finger for Her Majesty

Well what is a "ringer"? Unless the real transcription is "I know the player with the slick trigger finger..." like I can see on other sites?

There are various slang definitions for a ringer:

"a racehorse, athlete, or the like entered in a competition under false representation as to identity or ability"

"any person or thing that is fraudulent; fake or impostor"

"a substitute or addition, as a professional musician hired to strengthen a school orchestra"

In this case, the secret agent is a "ringer" because he isn't what his cover story says he is.
    Another one with the golden tongue poisoning your fantasy

Should I see "fantasy" like "imagination" (It's what I think) or like "[sexual] fantasy"?

It could be both. The fantasy might be what a person dreams of being.
    Another bill from a killer turned a thriller to a tragedy

Bill = invoice?

Yes, I think so. A killer's invoice would be a terrible thing to receive.
    A door left open, a woman walking by

"walking by" -> walking through there, around there?

She is walking past the open door.
    A drop in the water, A look in your eye

Are we agree that I shouldn't search something else than the literal meaning for "A look in your eye" (I look you in the eyes)?

If I have a hungry look in my eye, it means I look hungry. In this song, we're not told what kind of look is in the person's eye, but it is probably an amorous one.
    A phone on the table, a man on your side

Did there man is in your side (like is located on the right/left of you), or did he work for the same side of you (like for the good guys/MI6 if Bond).

Both. The phrase is ambiguous, since the next lyric is "Or someone that you think that you can trust."
    Another dirty money, heaven sent honey, turning on a dime

I guess "honey" is not bee's honey, but what would be a good equivalent?

turning on a dime = changing suddenly (but what does it mean? What the sens? How can money can change suddenly?).

"Honey" in this case seems to mean a beautiful woman, since "honey" is often used as term of endearment, like "darling." If this Honey can turn on a dime, that means she is treacherous and can betray her lover in an instant.
    Somebody can see this video? In y country it's seems the video is blocked.

I can't see it either, and I'm in the USA.
    Say, guys, while we are at it... Anyone knows who's the gorgeous lady who plays Zambora in her human form? She isn't listed on the IMDb. I guess she must be one of the Vegas showgirls that play extras on DAF.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    @bigladiesman I think the person doing the dubbing was having some fun. In the English version you don't even hear what Connery is saying to the girls. One would assume he's asking where is Shady's dressing room.

I don't know who is playing Zambora! Well the female version anyway! ;)
    Oh yeah, what a terrible song (even to hear)! Thanks for all your explainations.

Now Skyfall (whose official video have been block for copyright: funny).

I've drowned and dreamt this moment

I hesitade bewteen : "I drowned the moment and dreamt of it" or "I drowned (me), and dreamed of this moment). So who had been drowned : the moment or me (the singer) ?

So overdue, I owe them

- So indebted, I owe them
    - I have waited so long, I owe them
    - I have a debt that remains unpaid, I owe them

What would be the best way to translate it between these 3, (or maybe there is a 4th?)?

Let the sky fall
    [...]
    At skyfall
    At skyfall
    Skyfall is where we start

Well, how do we know if she talk of Skyfall lodge (the house of Bond family) or "sky fall" (the down of the sky, the apocalypse I guess). It could be "At sky fall", "Sky fall is where we start", no? The good news is that there is official lyrics and it's "Skyfall" evrrywhere. So if so, what "Let the Skyfall" mean ?

A thousand miles and poles apart

= Separed by thousand miles and poles"

+ Poles = https://i.imgur.com/N4RL5n7.png ?

You may have my [phone] number, you can take my name

I understand the meaning, but why it's here on the middle of the song (or in a Bond song)? A bad lyrics?

The good news is that I have no problem with Writting on the Wall and No Time to die. The bad is we have some ohter song left, like in Three blind mice

The puss will get that knife for triflin'
    With three blind mice, so beware

= The puss will get that knife for neglecting (overlooked) three blind mice, so beware?

For Make it last all night of Rage from FEYO (I love the lyrics lol, I must translate this one) :

If you just relax and push it back

= Put back [the dick inside the vagina] or make a backward movement ?

Try to keep it up and ease it in

"ease it in" = do it (go on) very soflty

Easy baby, if I burn up there’s no need to feel so tight

"to feel so tight"? no need to feel so cramped? Don't understand it? I guess there is somewhere a dirty joke related to "tight" pussy?

There is just "Where has everybody gone?" left for tommorow, and the translating of the movies song is finish!
    I put this as trivia, but now I ask it to all Bond fans who have seen DAF dubbed to another language: On the Catalan language dub, Bond, just before finding Shady Tree's corpse, actually speaks to the two gorgeous strippers he passes by. His line is: "What time are you doing your act, ladies?".
    I wonder if this is an ad-lib by the translator or there is another dub that also contains it.

In french version he don't say anything, no word come out his mouth.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Let the sky fall
    When it crumb-bows

(I'm not doing this one.)
    thedove wrote: »
    @bigladiesman I think the person doing the dubbing was having some fun. In the English version you don't even hear what Connery is saying to the girls. One would assume he's asking where is Shady's dressing room.

I don't know who is playing Zambora! Well the female version anyway! ;)

Well, it's always fun when voice actors ad-lib. They bring an additional source of fun.
    Oh yeah, what a terrible song (even to hear)! Thanks for all your explainations.

I hesitade bewteen : "I drowned the moment and dreamt of it" or "I drowned (me), and dreamed of this moment). So who had been drowned : the moment or me (the singer) ?

So overdue, I owe them

What would be the best way to translate it between these 3, (or maybe there is a 4th?)?

Let the sky fall
    [...]
    At skyfall
    At skyfall

Well, how do we know if she talk of Skyfall lodge (the house of Bond family) or "sky fall" (the down of the sky, the apocalypse I guess). It could be "At sky fall", "Sky fall is where we start", no? The good news is that there is official lyrics and it's "Skyfall" evrrywhere. So if so, what "Let the Skyfall" mean ?

I understand the meaning, but why it's here on the middle of the song (or in a Bond song)? A bad lyrics?

The good news is that I have no problem with Writting on the Wall and No Time to die. The bad is we have some ohter song left, like in Three blind mice

= The puss will get that knife for neglecting (overlooked) three blind mice, so beware?

For Make it last all night of Rage from FEYO (I love the lyrics lol, I must translate this one) :

"to feel so tight"? no need to feel so cramped? Don't understand it? I guess there is somewhere a dirty joke related to "tight" pussy?

There is just "Where has everybody gone?" left for tommorow, and the translating of the movies song is finish!

Ah, the version I needed to know about. Back then, Catalan dubs were VERY often based on the French ones, especially when it came to animation.
    Now I'm positive that it's and ad-lib.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

So overdue, I owe them

Let the sky fall
    [...]
    At skyfall
    At skyfall

Re: you may have my number, you can take my name... the line ends with “but you’ll never have my heart”; the whole thing together indicates that you may have these superfluous things about me, they don’t matter, because you’ll never have what’s really important. Also, ‘you may have my number, you can take my name’ are also plays on traditional Bond marketing tropes: “you know his number (007), you know his name (Bond)”.

The singer. She has drowned and afterward dreamed.
    So overdue, I owe them

To be honest, I think this a bad line with an unclear meaning. What is overdue? Perhaps the end. Who does "them" refer to? No idea. perhaps she has lived to long and owes "them" her death.
    Let the sky fall
    [...]
    At skyfall
    At skyfall

Well, how do we know if she talk of Skyfall lodge (the house of Bond family) or "sky fall" (the down of the sky, the apocalypse I guess). It could be "At sky fall", "Sky fall is where we start", no? The good news is that there is official lyrics and it's "Skyfall" everywhere. So if so, what "Let the Skyfall" mean ?

I think the official lyric video uses "Skyfall" everywhere in order to insert the film logo everywhere it can. When Adele sings "Let the sky fall/When it crumbles" she is referring to the sky falling. "At Skyfall" is ambiguous and can refer both to the place Skyfall and to being together at the time of the sky falling. The same goes for "Skyfall is where we start"--they can start being a couple at Skyfall, or they can start being together when the sky begins falling.

= Separated by thousand miles and poles"

The poles might refer to geographic/magnetic poles. It is a metaphorical way of saying there is a great distance between two things or people.

The number is Bond's Double 0 number. Part of the problem is that it's unclear who's singing the song. A woman who loves Bond? Bond himself? M? The following line, "But you'll never have my heart" would change meaning depending on who the singer is.

When used as a verb, to trifle means "to treat (someone or something) without seriousness or respect."

This has the dirtiest lyrics of any Bond song! The singer is telling the woman to let her vagina push back against the man's penis that is inside her (thus engaging in sexual intercourse). "There is no limitation" to her pleasure if she just relaxes and does what the singer tells her to do.

"ease it in" = do it (go on) very softly

Yes, keep the penis up and ease it into the vagina.

Since the singer is "burning up" (really enjoying sex), her vagina might be very tight around the man's penis. A secondary meaning is that the man might get "uptight" at seeing the woman burning up, so she tells him "Be loving, be gentle, be patient we make it last all night."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Got a licence to kiiitch!
    Well, thanks for the explainations, the number line seems not so dumb now.

Yeah with Make it last all night they have reached a milestone which have never be reached again since.
    The singer is telling the woman to let her vagina push back against the man's penis that is inside her (thus engaging in sexual intercourse). "There is no limitation" to her pleasure if she just relaxes and does what the singer tells her to do.

Well your commentary make me think we don't imagine the same gender for the carracters of this song. I see that the singer is a woman and the person she talk (and do love with) is a man [with the "it" designate his penis].

Try to hold it down and take it slow -> Try to hold down your penis [inside my vagina] and take it easy (go slow)
    And just enjoy the motion -> And just enjoy the motion
    If you just relax and push it back -> If you just relax and push your penis back in my vagina
    There is no limitation -> There is no limitation [for your/our pleasure]

Could I be right?

Try to keep it up and ease it in : Yes, keep the penis up and ease it into the vagina.

Are you saying that "Try to keep it up" = Try to keep it in erection (well stretched)? Cause I have saw it like "Try to continue like this"?

So Where has everybody gone? Hard one to translate, part if of because many divergences in the transcription. It kept it for last cause it is a big part, lot of troubles.

Transcript prob #1 : "I've got this feelin', Goin to end up here on my own" or "I’ve got this feelin’, God, am I here on my own?"

on my own = "alone" or "left to my own devices"?

"where's the ranks of the strong?"

What doeas this mean? Ranks it's like military ranks "colonel", "géneral"? Don't understand.

In this faceless crowd, where can I belong?

= In this faceless crowd, where can I find my place?

Transcript prob #2 : "Everybody's gone insane to catch a plane to help the heavens closer" or "[...] a plane to have their Heavens closer" ?

Not sure I understand : when you fly with a plane, you get closer from the Heavean/Paradise since you get closer from the sky. So she [the singer] ask if they mad cause Heavean/Paradise is not a place where you really want to be (since only dead people go to it)?

Transcript prob #3 : "Because you’re beautiful land, and you’ll soon be long gone" or "Because you’re [or your] beautiful land will soon be long gone."

Transcript prob #4 : "Pack your face, save your cases of your place in the Everafter" or "Hack your face, save your case, reserve your place in the everafter" ?

Transcript prob #5 : "These hallowed Halls are lined with walls that are cracked by the Myria’s laughter" or "Cause hallowed halls are lined with walls that are cracked with delirious laughter" ?

Transcript prob #5 : "You won't survive and soon be long gone" or "Beautiful life/live and soon be long gone" ?