the I WANT TO BE LIKE JAMES BOND thread - open the frigde, this baby's going on ice

18910111214»

Comments

Connery in Thunderball. Best of everything.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Craig in CR. I absolutely love Brosnan, and he's my favorite Bond, but Craig is the one that got me in to the real style of Bond. When CR came around - and, I'm not sure if it's just the age I hit or what - but that's when I started researching his style, getting into his clothes, mocking his walk, all of it. This is a great thread, by the way, really gets me thinking.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,691
    Sir Rog in MR :)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Dalton is my favourite but I don't want to find my best mate eaten by a shark. I also like Brosnan but he's had some sad stuff happen to him too, and I wouldn't want to be Craig or Laz because of Vesper and Tracy dying.

It's between Moore and Connery. It's tough, being Moore would be fun, I mean he went to f*cking space, but I have to choose Connery (in GF or TB). He's just so cool.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @thelivingroyale don't you want to rogerize sexy women all day like Sir Rog ? :)>-
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @thelivingroyale don't you want to rogerize sexy women all day like Sir Rog ? :)>-

Go ahead, get the shower running and tell Stacey I'll join her in a moment. ;-)

Connery's girls were hotter ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

Wrong! Brozza's ones were. Take a closer look at Paris Carver...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Umm, Don't you mean Paris Carver makes you cringe?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Nah, i like her. my second favourite Bond girl, first's Natalya.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Gee, here it is the final part of this thread - and I cannot wholeheartedly join in because I'm a woman. Hmm.
    OK, so skipping the sexiness of Bond women and focusing on the adventures had, then I can say ... maybe, I'd like to be:
    #1 - Roger Moore - especially for TSWLM and FYEO) - and he was a smooth, stylish Bond, made much of it look effortless, and he so seemed to enjoy himself at times yet he had his serious moments and some great characters to deal with
    #2 - Pierce Brosnan (for GE, TND and TWINE too) - plus I like Brosnan's coolness, style, and charm (including his match up with Q)
    #3 - Sean Connery (for DN and FRWL) - just to have that kind of strong presence and for setting the standard of Bond (plus mixing it up with SPECTRE)
    #4 - Daniel Craig - for being his own unique Bond, very badass yet with depth and gravitas; he is cool and I love his Bond (and I like his M and Leiter best)
    #5 - Timothy Dalton - last here on this list, but I love his Bond, too; especially would like to be in TLD

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Volante wrote:
    Connery in Thunderball. Best of everything.

Can't argue with that. B-)
    Sir Rog in MR :)

Great pick, DC007! :) I consider MR Moore's TB.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Nah, i like her. my second favourite Bond girl, first's Natalya.

It's refreshing to read I'm not the only fan of Lois, I mean Paris. ;)

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,629
    X3MSonicX wrote:

File:Teri_Hatcher-_World_of_Color_Premiere_21.jpg

The sad part is that it was the very first picture that came up on Google was a bad one.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited May 2012 Posts: 3,262
    [img][/img]
    Kerim wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

File:Teri_Hatcher-_World_of_Color_Premiere_21.jpg

The sad part is that it was the very first picture that came up on Google was a bad one.

This is a much more flattering picture of her back in her Lois Lane prime:

http://images.wikia.com/superman/images/1/1c/107-crushonyou.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's it for now, folks. I might return to this thread shortly but I put it on ice for the time being. Thanks for participating. ;-)
    Missed out at the end but I would of said Connery actually, at least the one from 1962-65, not my favorite Bond, but his early appearances were near outstanding sometimes, and he had a charm, charisma and debonair sophistication about him that was unparalelled with any of the other actors even if only for a short time, and there was some lovelies to be had too about that time, Andress, Paluzzi, Auger etc, even St John towards the end even, it was a choice between him and Dalton and I just went with the former

Lazenby is too 2x4, Moore is too senior poor humor, Brosnan too grease monkey and Craig too roughneck etc, it wasn't a hard decision all said