the I WANT TO BE LIKE JAMES BOND thread - open the frigde, this baby's going on ice

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <font color=green size=7><b>17) MISSIONS</b></font>

4485522732_f73ce8d7f7_z.jpg

<font color=red size=4> <b>If you could successfully complete a mission from the Bond films, which one would it be and why?</b></font>

Over to you!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,691
    QOS. Bedding Gemma Arterton........ :x
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    MR. Jumping from a plane with no parachute, travelling to great locations like Brazil and Italy, and then going to space and saving EVERY PERSON ON EARTH, then getting laid in an escape pod?

Sign me up.
    MR for me as well. Seems exciting to go several G's in the centrifuge and put some thrust behind earthly affairs in utter weightlessness. ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Goldfinger. Half of it should be easy enough for anyone.
    TB. Patricia Fearing, Fiona Volpe, Domino. All in the line of duty. Plus I've always wanted to go to the Bahamas. Sharp one liners as well.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    MR. Jumping from a plane with no parachute, travelling to great locations like Brazil and Italy, and then going to space and saving EVERY PERSON ON EARTH, then getting laid in an escape pod?

Sign me up.
    When you put it like that, it does sound hard to beat. =D>

OK, for me ... besides saving EVERY PERSON ON EARTH (nod to thelivingroyale) ... I'd love to complete successfully the mission in The Spy Who Loved Me:; great locations, great fun, train ride, etc. etc. I actually want to pick more than one, but this one comes first for me I think.

Sign me up.
    When you put it like that, it does sound hard to beat. =D>

I'm not even that big a fan of the film, but doing all that stuff would just be so cool.
  • AVTAK

Why?

Always wanted to drive a fire truck when I was a small boy!
    Volante wrote:
    TB. Patricia Fearing, Fiona Volpe, Domino. All in the line of duty. Plus I've always wanted to go to the Bahamas. Sharp one liners as well.

Somehow with your user name I thought you'd pick that one. :)
    Tomorrow Never Dies- escape a terrorist zone with nuclear warheads, crash fancy news parties in Hamburg, engage in a high-risk shoot-out in a printing press, control a BMW using remote control from the back seat, perform a HALO jump successfully, investigate a sunken wreck, jump off the side of a skyscraper with a banner, drive through the streets of Saigon on a motorcycle, and attack a Stealth Boat. Oh yeah!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    AVTAK

Why?

Always wanted to drive a fire truck when I was a small boy!

and being 57 while still bedding 20-something beauties! :-))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,500
    Goldeneye: bungee jump from a dam, drive a motorcycle off a cliff, beat up sailors with a towel, escape from my captors via a library, drive a tank through town, battle on a satellite dish, bed Isabella Scorupco, and do everything that Brosnan accomplished in between, from start to finish.

In smaller terms, either the Madagascar foot chase in CR or fighting Slate in QoS.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I'll take the Thunderball mission. After a relaxing spa treatment with Pat Fearing, travel to the Carribean to beat Largo at cards, give Vargas some pointers, have Fiona give me a wild ride and play water sports with Domino.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It has to be either FRWL or CR.

With FRWL I get to face off with SPECTRE and get in close with Cold War danger, visit Istanbul, meet Al-Kerim freaking Bey, get into a sweet firefight at a gysy camp and tehn have an apparent ménage à trois with two gypsies, sex up Tatiana and make a sex tape, steal the Lektor decoder, ride on the Orient express and kill Grant in an epic fight, pay tribute to North By Northwest, and finish Klebb's kicking and sex up Tatiana AGAIN in Venice. GIGGITY!

For CR I get to have a sweet fight in a bathroom and kill an MI6 traitor for 00 status, have an awesome chase for a mad bomber, shoot up an embassy and break international law, break into my boss's apartment, beat Dimitrios in cards, steal his '64 Aston AND his wife, then leave in style for Miami where I stop a plane from being destroyed and watch as Carlos blows himself up, fall in love with Vesper, beat Obanno with fisties, survive a poisoning, beat Le Chiffre with my mind, flip a car and break a world record, tell Le Chiffre to scratch my balls, falsely accuse Mathis, sex up Vesper, sex her up further, and then...get my...heart...broken...

I love both, and couldn't choose out of all that awesome intrigue! Someone needs to become M and choose for me. I beg of you! [-O<
    edited May 2012 Posts: 23,568
    <font color=green size=7><b>18) 007's ALTERNATE PERSONAS</b></font>

mission-impossible-tom-cruise-disguise-e1285873148814.jpg

<font color=red size=4> <b>If you could play out one of Bond's alternate persona's from the Bond films, which one would it be and why?</b></font>

Over to you!
    I'd like to be Sir Hilly! Bedding a number of girls for the sake of a mission in a secluded hotel in the Swiss Alps... Oh I'm there. ;-)

James S. Smythe sounds fun too. Bullying around a British 'sir'... Why not? ;-)
  • Will have to be Peter Franks from DAF

Not only am I a suave criminal with a fearsome reputation...I killed James Bond!
    I'll sayhave David Somerset, from FRWL because then I'd get to spend an over-night train ride with Ms. Somerset, Tatiana Romanova!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The lottery-winning teacher on a sabatical in QOS... bedding Gemma Arterton....... :x
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459
    The lottery-winning teacher on a sabatical in QOS... bedding Gemma Arterton....... :x

Has anyone mentioned you have a one track mind, dear DaltonCraig007? ;) Nice taste, though.

For me, alas, I have to sit this one out (being female).
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I'd go with Robert Sterling - the first. Having Barbara Bach as my wife? Heck yes!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mr. Beech. Except this time religion wouldn't come between Vesper and I, and we would stick with a 1 bedroom suite. :\">
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Klaus Hergescheimer
    Sir Hilly
    As for the Missions OP
    I've been thinking. The masseur Bond poses to be in NSNA seems nice too. I mean, a young Kim Basinger... Oh yeah!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I've been thinking. The masseur Bond poses to be in NSNA seems nice too. I mean, a young Kim Basinger... Oh yeah!

Haha, that one was hilarious, and so classic 007!

As for me, I'd probably be either Robert Sterling or James Stock, London Financial Times!
    what, and have the awful wailing Sutton about my person or in close proximity, think I'll take a pass..

Would probably be sterling too, I mean having Barbara Bach as a potential wife, I'd bite their arm off

Not sure about 'Hilly', damn 'silly' would of been better for those cringeworthy sequences

what, and have the awful wailing Sutton about my person or in close proximity, think I'll take a pass..

And grab a shower with the blonde goddess? Count . Me . In! ;-)

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

Connery's expressions in that scene are priceless. Mind you, that was Kim Basinger. :-\"