"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Liverpool I hate to admit will be a force next season.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Why oh why didn't we bin Brendan after the 6-1 defeat to Stoke?

If Jurgen had had preseason and bought in a few players he wanted we'd be right up there with Spurs and Leicester. We've been utter shit this season and are still in touching distance of the top 4. Even just a 10% improvement would have put us right in the mix.

=D>
  • RC7RC7
    Liverpool I hate to admit will be a force next season.

It's their year.
    Torn with the United situation as frustrating as its been LVG has allowed talent to emerge by design or not its happened. Jose worries me if appointed.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Everton 1 - 2 Man United enthralling F.A. Cup semi final, great winner. This is a huge stepping stone for some very talented youngsters, great to be involved in the final been too long.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Anything that keeps LVG at Old Trafford gets the thumbs up from me.
    Alas a F.A. Cup win alone probably wont keep LVG in a job. Credit to LVG for battling, respect him for that. Top Four is looking less likely now he will be gone because of decisions he made last summer, and the dreadful winter United had.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Everton 1 - 2 Man United enthralling F.A. Cup semi final, great winner. This is a huge stepping stone for some very talented youngsters, great to be involved in the final been too long.

I was at the game yesterday. Superb atmosphere and a belter of a game. All the trimmings. The chorus of 'You scouse...' was exemplary. LVG is a buffoon, but Martial/Lingard/Rashford are a welcome accidental bi-product of his reign. Martial has it in his locker to be big time. He was on another level yesterday. Made Lukaku look like Akinfenwa.
    If Morinho gets to be the next MU coach the owners of that club will be mad, he will leave a club behind and player that will be despised. The man while pretty good is a poor people manager.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    If Morinho gets to be the next MU coach the owners of that club will be mad, he will leave a club behind and player that will be despised. The man while pretty good is a poor people manager.

Hate to break it to you chaps but Man Utd is already despised.

And it's about time you woke up to the fact that you're just like the rest of us now Fergie's gone so this ethical bullshit over not hiring Jose because he doesn't fit in with the club ethos is laughable. He will win you the league and probably the CL. Who gives a shit if he only stays for 3 years and spends a wad of cash? Only failures like Arsenal rationalise plodding along as also rans every season as success.

You're Man Utd and you should be accepting nothing less than challenging for honours but due to some misguided moralising you'd rather hire who - Giggs? - than the best manager in the world.

Very strange behaviour. Wait till you've been suffering like this for 25 years like we have. You'll take Himmler as your manager with Fred West as 1st team coach if it brings success.
    RC7 wrote: »

I was at the game yesterday. Superb atmosphere and a belter of a game. All the trimmings. The chorus of 'You scouse...' was exemplary. LVG is a buffoon, but Martial/Lingard/Rashford are a welcome accidental bi-product of his reign. Martial has it in his locker to be big time. He was on another level yesterday. Made Lukaku look like Akinfenwa.

Regarding Martial I was thinking the same, Lukaku has been linked with United though he was not on the level Martial was at yesterday. Martial will improve and will be one of the best strikers in the world for sure, his sharpness and pace is going scare defenders for some time. Lucky you must have been a fantastic atmosphere.

And it's about time you woke up to the fact that you're just like the rest of us now Fergie's gone so this ethical bullshit over not hiring Jose because he doesn't fit in with the club ethos is laughable. He will win you the league and probably the CL. Who gives a shit if he only stays for 3 years and spends a wad of cash? Only failures like Arsenal rationalise plodding along as also rans every season as success.

You're Man Utd and you should be accepting nothing less than challenging for honours but due to some misguided moralising you'd rather hire who - Giggs? - than the best manager in the world.

Very strange behaviour. Wait till you've been suffering like this for 25 years like we have. You'll take Himmler as your manager with Fred West as 1st team coach if it brings success.

Ajax Amsterdam fan myself and prefer Barcelona & Arsenal over most other teams.

I find Leicester City an amazing feat and hope they will take the championship.

And I find Man U better liked than MC & Chelsea in the British league outside of the UK.

As a Man United supporter I am fully aware of where the club is now, I want to win at all costs I have no room for sentiment Giggs would be a mistake.

As a Man United supporter I am fully aware of where the club is now, I want to win at all costs I have no room for sentiment Giggs would be a mistake.

Can you explain this blinkered attitude to Jose? I've got a couple of Utd supporting mates and they are all dead against him as well.

Given you've missed the boat on the likes of Pep and Klopp and theres no reason why someone like Pocc would give up CL football and a young and exciting squad that he has built up and is just on the cusp of delivering great things to join a fading giant with a mediocre playing staff just who do you think you are going to get who is a better bet than Jose?
    I think because of Jose's known attitude toward youth it has had some fans including myself questioning whether it would be a good appointment. Truth is if Jose came into the club and won the league next season, no one will be even contemplating his youth policy.

Bottom line is if Jose comes in, and the likes Rashford and Lingard show for him they will be among the first team. The powers that be cant let the Brand that is United slip further, I think Jose has already got the job to be honest.

Since Fergie left there has still been the attitude of long term planning, its not the 80's anymore look at big European clubs it is all about hitting the ground running. A Manager is lucky to last 12 months if they are not winning trophies at the highest level immediately, I think Man United will become more ruthless... they have to be.
    Leicester are taking the piss. It could be all over this time next week.
    Every week I am shocked by Leicester, they barely have the ball break and score.
    Well looks like we are off to the Championship again! :-h
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    That's it. It's done & dusted. Spurs bottled it against effing W.Brom.
    Poch has to learn how to beat these Tony Pulis type sides if we are indeed going to win that title in the near future...

Anyhow congrats to Leicester - one more win & they make history.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Finally.......... Justice For The 96.
    Finally.......... Justice For The 96.

Good for the families to get some closure. Here's hoping some criminal court action is taken against those responsible, for what they did and for covering it up.
    Think its safe to say Leicester will be Champions, amazing achievement. Though I expect or rather hope United beat them at old Trafford on Sunday, to keep our top four hopes alive.

Think its safe to say Leicester will be Champions, amazing achievement. Though I expect or rather hope United beat them at old Trafford on Sunday, to keep our top four hopes alive.

Man City or West Ham fan...? Anyhow, you'd really think ManU should be able to win on home turf, even against the 'mighty' Foxes... @-)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    AceHole wrote: »
    Poch has to learn how to beat these Tony Pulis type sides if we are indeed going to win that title in the near future...

I'm getting a bit excited, even though we could easily still lose it.

I would think Spurs must feel more confident about the future though. A London based team with a young manager and a great young squad.
    We are still unfashionable, a club full of rejects and right offs, an elderly manager, and our best players on Wenger's radar (it's easier than actually finding bargains for himself).

Still, we had this year. And it has been a terrific ride.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,727
    NicNac wrote: »

I'm getting a bit excited, even though we could easily still lose it.

I would think Spurs must feel more confident about the future though. A London based team with a young manager and a great young squad.
    We are still unfashionable, a club full of rejects and right offs, an elderly manager, and our best players on Wenger's radar (it's easier than actually finding bargains for himself).

Still, we had this year. And it has been a terrific ride.

I fear that keeping hold of Mahrez is a near impossible task... he's been the revelation of the season as far as I'm concerned, even more so than Vardy. A player like that who creates and scores in equal measure is very rare.

Sure you Foxes will do it, as Spurs probably won’t beat Chelski so you will only need two points or so
    <:-P

Man City or West Ham fan...? Anyhow, you'd really think ManU should be able to win on home turf, even against the 'mighty' Foxes... @-)
    Man United fan, we need to win though it will probably be a draw.
    Think Man City will have to have a gung ho approach when they goto Madrid. To be honest i am rooting for Atletico Madrid!
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,727
    Another tedious display from Simeone's men. Atlético Madrid's spirit is to be commended but I'm growing tired of this 'fighting' football, and I'd like to see the kind of play that this level deserves... Even West Ham entertain more than this lot ;) (@fire_and_ice)
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Man United 1 - 1 Leicester

Just delays the inevitable for the champions in waiting, for United our slim hope of Champions league has gone IMO barring a variety of things happening. Think West Ham could pip us to fifth, my assessment of the league is United just have not been good enough don't deserve anymore than what we have got.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Leicester winning the thing I will only believe when it happens. It's too good to become true.