"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 1,261
    This coming from a German. is not meant to sound sarcastic or ironic: Congratulations to Gareth Southgate and the English team. Italy was the better team in the second half, Mancini's tactical changes apparently caught England wrongfooted. But they played a great tournament. Apart from the dive of Sterling and the penalty present from the referee. People sholud acknowledge the acheive,ment, the English team made under Southgate's guidance. First World Cup semi finals after 28 years, and now first ever, he guided the team into the EURO final. Southgate and/or Guardiola might convince Sterling to stop his diving attitude. He is a player so rich of talent and very gifted, it's unnescesarry. in the final he tried it again, but Kuipers did not fall for it. Also a bit disappointent to me was the unfair behaviour of some England supporters at Wembley in the matches vs Germany and Denmark. After Southgate asked the England supporters to stop the booing of the opponent's anthem and instead respect it, some started booing, but then were somehow silenced by the majority on the stands. And the bastard with the laser pointer just before THAT penalty, I hope, they'll find him and take care, he never ever gets into any stadium in the world. The unplesant behaviour was very new for me, during my year as an exchange student in London (25 years ago) I experienced a rather friendly and welcoming attitude by people. Yes, there were assholes in the Hall of Residence where I lived, but I also met some great English people.
    I just hope, we won't have to pay the bill for UEFA's demand to have as many people as possible despite Covid and the Delta Variant. And forcing the FA to allow more people to Wembley was IMO some sort of blackmail "if you don't allow more supporter, Viktor Orban grants us sold out stadiums. If we get a fourth Covid wave, for me UEFA is to blame.
    Oh, and Germany did not deserve to progress in the tournament, their group matches - with the exception of the Portugal match - were far from convincing, they rode their luck against Hungary. And Jogi Löw should have stepped down after the World Cup failure at Russia in 2018. These three years were somehow lost years. Now his former assistant coach Hansi Flick (who won seven titles during hois 18-month-reign as manager of Bayern Munich) will have to rebuild (and rejuvenate) the squad with the clear aim EURO 2024, which we will be hosting. The abominable World Cup at Qatar, well, they should try to qualify for it, but not with high expectations.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    BREAKING! Manchester United sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund for £73m

<:-P
    The longest transfer saga in quite some time, this! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The longest transfer saga in quite some time, this! :))

True though just happy that it was always likely to happen :))
    edited July 2021 Posts: 23,325
    Romano 'Here we Go!' Varane to sign for Manchester United, agreement almost done <:-P
    Some teams get all the fun signings…

Good to see United actually getting top class talent in and quickly for a change. Think the Glazers are listening to the fans after everything that went on last season. The rumours are we are still getting two big signings still...

Good to see United actually getting top class talent in and quickly for a change. Think the Glazers are listening to the fans after everything that went on last season. The rumours are we are still getting two big signings still...

I don't know "for a change" is that accurate? United have had some decent incomings in recent windows…

I don't know what Real Madrid are doing, giving away their two best defenders (and arguably the two players most responsible for their CL succes during the last decade) in the same window... #-o

I am not complaining though ;) :P

I don't know "for a change" is that accurate? United have had some decent incomings in recent windows…

Yeah United's transfers certainly with the likes of Sancho and Bruno dragged on forever. United often do deals at a snails pace in recent years.

Yeah United's transfers certainly with the likes of Sancho and Bruno dragged on forever. United often do deals at a snails pace in recent years.

Compared to Arsenal, I'd say United are quite fast in making their deals!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,353
    200.gif
    Oh dear Rooney what were you thinking, I wont post the pictures on here though looks like his job at Derby will be at risk.
    Oh dear Rooney what were you thinking, I wont post the pictures on here though looks like his job at Derby will be at risk.

A bit old to be out partying with girls in their early 20's, isn't he? Not something you'd want to see from the manager of your team, that's for sure.

A bit old to be out partying with girls in their early 20's, isn't he? Not something you'd want to see from the manager of your team, that's for sure.

The pictures are damming, in this day and age with a camera in every pocket and purse its incredibly naive of Rooney.

The pictures are damming, in this day and age with a camera in every pocket and purse its incredibly naive of Rooney.

Indeed, you'd think he'd be smarter than to find himself ending up in a situation like that…

Indeed, you'd think he'd be smarter than to find himself ending up in a situation like that…

Or at least have a bodyguard or watcher close by to keep him out of trouble.

He probably needs to work on his decision making more than anything. Going out partying in preseason (and with Covid still around), isn't something a manager should do.

He probably needs to work on his decision making more than anything. Going out partying in preseason (and with Covid still around), isn't something a manager should do.

True though some minsters have been saying the Pandemic is over in the UK, others are quick to highlight risk. There is way too much mixed messaging. Even if it were not Covid times, Rooney does not appear to care, it sets such a bad example for his players and staff.

True though some minsters have been saying the Pandemic is over in the UK, others are quick to highlight risk. There is way too much mixed messaging. Even if it were not Covid times, Rooney does not appear to care, it sets such a bad example for his players and staff.

Indeed, and that's on top of Rooney injuring Jason Knight in training, while the team have a shortage of available players…
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,353

Indeed, and that's on top of Rooney injuring Jason Knight in training, while the team have a shortage of available players…

He probably did something like this on him.....
    tenor.gif

:-O
    Hard, but fair...... ;)
    European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus to carry on with breakaway plans
    Court rules that UEFA's disciplinary proceedings against the founding 12 clubs of the European Super League must be scrapped; Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus release joint statement welcoming decision; case to now be assessed by European Court of Justice

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12368304/european-super-league-barcelona-real-madrid-and-juventus-to-carry-on-with-breakaway-plans
    European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus to carry on with breakaway plans
    Court rules that UEFA's disciplinary proceedings against the founding 12 clubs of the European Super League must be scrapped; Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus release joint statement welcoming decision; case to now be assessed by European Court of Justice

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12368304/european-super-league-barcelona-real-madrid-and-juventus-to-carry-on-with-breakaway-plans

It will be interesting to see if this ever becomes a thing.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,325

Deleted not the video I was looking for :))

I watched something yesterday regarding this situation and the 9 Teams that pulled out possibly breaching contract of withdrawing from super league and what that might entail.

I watched something yesterday regarding this situation and the 9 Teams that pulled out possibly breaching contract of withdrawing from super league and what that might entail.

I guess we haven't heard the last about the Super League, and the consequences for the teams that pulled out.

I guess we haven't heard the last about the Super League, and the consequences for the teams that pulled out.

Maybe the three remaining Super League teams should start there own mini Super League :))

Maybe the three remaining Super League teams should start there own mini Super League :))

Hahaha, that would be hilarious! :))
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,325

:))
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,353

:))

He's funny. :)>-
    He should have his own show ?

MZbB.gif