"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Now that transfer window has gone away, hopefully my Norwich boys can make some progress in what is going to be a very strange season. Especially after a much needed win at the weekend! OTBC!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

:))
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    :)) 25yr Contract @Fire_and_Ice_Returns that was funny!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    :)) 25yr Contract @Fire_and_Ice_Returns that was funny!!!

I wonder if Kane has watched these, Kane really does say obviously a lot lol
    Very good performance by United winning away at PSG, totally unrecognisable from the team that got thrashed by Spurs.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    After 13 years of absence, Lazio grab a great victory over Dortmund. Didn't see that coming.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    After 13 years of absence, Lazio grab a great victory over Dortmund. Didn't see that coming.

It's peculuar why they have been so much worse after Covid than before. Any idea why that is?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    jobo wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »

It's peculuar why they have been so much worse after Covid than before. Any idea why that is?

They have a very small selection, after the lockdown they've had to play several games a week and it didn't suit them very well. A few injuries too many and poor form didn't help matters either of course.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,355
    Liverpool lucky to get the win against ajax who played well.
    Go Tiges......

:))
    :)) @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I'm speechless...this guy is a handful.

I don't know if he writes his own stuff though he cracks me up, his impressions are so stupid lol

I don't know if he writes his own stuff though he cracks me up, his impressions are so stupid lol

:D Honestly!
    Nice goal

If Slaven Bilić was an actor, he'd make a great Blofeld. That stare!

3 wins on the bounce now for my Norwich boys! Well chuffed, although we have a couple of tough games coming up against Brentford and Bristol City! OTBC!!!
    Most predictable goal of the weekend…

Vardy?
    Pen for this ? VAR says no.
    NINTCHDBPICT000616247812.jpg
    Go tigers........... :)>-
    12810632-16x9-xlarge.jpg?v=2
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,316

Vardy?

Yes…
    Man, that was a tough result for Arsenal. They had a good chance to get three points against a Leicester team struggling with injuries, but in the most predictable way, they managed to lose instead. The positive signs with Arteta aside, Arsenal will still be Arsenal…

Vardy?

Yes…
    Man, that was a tough result for Arsenal. They had a good chance to get three points against a Leicester team struggling with injuries, but in the most predictable way, they managed to lose instead. The positive signs with Arteta aside, Arsenal will still be Arsenal…

Arsenal will still be Arsenal, winning more fa cups......... :)>-
    United's good CL form continues by destroying current German league leaders Leipzig 5 - 0, Rashford is on fire.
    United's good CL form continues by destroying current German league leaders Leipzig 5 - 0, Rashford is on fire.

A hat-trick for Marcus Rashford MBE.
    He can do no wrong at the moment all right, on and off the pitch.

Vardy?

Yes…

Won't count on them winning it again anytime soon, though.

Vardy?

Yes…

Yeah. Can't argue with you. But even if Arteta has brought in some silverware so soon, one can still see they are a work in progress. I think once the team and the new signings fully find their feet and Arteta engages in the coming transfer windows, Arsenal would be ready. All they need now is to try and finish in the Top 4 and not start thinking about winning the league so soon. Although, if they win it, fine! LOL! But they still have a chance of finishing in the top 4 and should focus on that. Finishing in the top 4 and retaining the FA cup won't be a bad season.

Vardy?

Yes…

You're still in it so you might win it.

I wish Liverpool were still in it as we haven't won it since 2005–06.

A hat-trick for Marcus Rashford MBE.
    He can do no wrong at the moment all right, on and off the pitch.

Just learned Rashford's Hatrick was the quickest by a substitute in CL history.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,316

Vardy?

Yes…

Yeah. Can't argue with you. But even if Arteta has brought in some silverware so soon, one can still see they are a work in progress. I think once the team and the new signings fully find their feet and Arteta engages in the coming transfer windows, Arsenal would be ready. All they need now is to try and finish in the Top 4 and not start thinking about winning the league so soon. Although, if they win it, fine! LOL! But they still have a chance of finishing in the top 4 and should focus on that. Finishing in the top 4 and retaining the FA cup won't be a bad season.

Those upcoming transfer windows will be key, I think. They did what they could in this one (and given the unique circumstances you didn't know what to expect either), but they need to get the right deals done in January and again in the summer in order to lessen the gap somewhat. You look at the squads of the other title candidates and top four candidates, and you can't say that Arsenal's squad is looking like one of the best. A top four finish should be the goal, but it won't surprise me if Arsenal misses out – again.

Vardy?

Yes…

You mean the EFL/Carabao Cup?
    Yeah that's it @Torgeirtrap

Vardy?

Yes…

Those upcoming transfer windows will be key, I think. They did what they could in this one (and given the unique circumstances you didn't know what to expect either), but they need to get the right deals done in January and again in the summer in order to lessen the gap somewhat. You look at the squads of the other title candidates and top four candidates, and you can't say that Arsenal's squad is looking like one of the best. A top four finish should be the goal, but it won't surprise me if Arsenal misses out – again.

Vardy?

Yes…

You mean the EFL/Carabao Cup?

Yeah the EFL cup.