"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited November 2020 Posts: 17,302
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Phew, needed that win!

Indeed. Not an easy win.

This makes the first away win against a top six side since 2015, doesn't it?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Phew, needed that win!

Indeed. Not an easy win.

Exactly. I think Man City was the team. The Santi Cazorla show I think.
    Phew, needed that win!

Indeed. Not an easy win.

I think you might be right about that one! Just shows the state Arsenal have been in in recent years…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Listen to this before it gets deleted
    Phew, needed that win!

Indeed. Not an easy win.

I think you might be right about that one! Just shows the state Arsenal have been in in recent years…

Exactly.

Wow! That's harsh. They were literally insulting Kane.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

They forgot to edit it, I think they will get into trouble for this howler. So unprofessional

They forgot to edit it, I think they will get into trouble for this howler. So unprofessional

Honestly. So unprofessional. Wow!

ESPN's football coverage has always been dreadful!
    jobo wrote: »

ESPN's football coverage has always been dreadful!

They often have very biased opinions
    Can someone explain to me how this is a pen? If anything, Kane is putting Lallana at risk of injury, right?

Here's from a previous game, where he's doing the same:

I think the officials would be watching kane from here on out.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

You don't think it was a pen ?
    I agree with the penalty call. He's a very crafty player that harry.

Yeah, it's his crafty tactics.

He's not the only player to use crafty tactics.
    You would want him in your team ? I would, besides the fpl. :)>-

He's not the only player to use crafty tactics.
    You would want him in your team ? I would, besides the fpl. :)>-

Sure, Kane is a Brilliant player :)
    Kane is crafty, but that's not a pen in my view.

Yeah people have different opinions on pens. It's not an exact science.
    I just watched it again a few times and now think it's not a pen.

Yeah people have different opinions on pens. It's not an exact science.
    I just watched it again a few times and now think it's not a pen.

I see some pundits have different views on the situation too.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Those two clips of Kane are both incidents of obstruction. He clearly plays the man both times and if you think otherwise then you don’t understand the laws of the game.

Vardy and Leicester are beginning to look like a serious threat. They don't even have to play well to win games with plenty of goals.
    Chuffed that my Norwich boys are continuing their good run since the transfer window shut. Keep it up lads!!! OTBC!!!!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Vardy and Leicester are beginning to look like a serious threat. They don't even have to play well to win games with plenty of goals.

All clubs are suffering injuries, especially with so many extra games to play, the problem for Leicester is that all of their missing 6 players are defenders (including N'didi who is a defensive midfielder). The entire first choice back 4 are currently out. Beating Leeds 4-1 and Arsenal 1-0 away from home is all the more remarkable for that.
    When Leicester get these players back they should improve further and be less likely to play such a defensive formation which they have been criticised for (criticised by managers of Arsenal and Man City who think its unfair for clubs to defend deeply and stop their playboys from scoring)
    NicNac wrote: »

All clubs are suffering injuries, especially with so many extra games to play, the problem for Leicester is that all of their missing 6 players are defenders (including N'didi who is a defensive midfielder). The entire first choice back 4 are currently out. Beating Leeds 4-1 and Arsenal 1-0 away from home is all the more remarkable for that.
    When Leicester get these players back they should improve further and be less likely to play such a defensive formation which they have been criticised for (criticised by managers of Arsenal and Man City who think its unfair for clubs to defend deeply and stop their playboys from scoring)

Yeah. True about the injuries and Leicester's style of play. Although, I think with a player like Vardy, they can afford to be patient for the injured to return, coz at the moment, Vardy's blistering pace really makes it work for them. Teams now would play all the good football, then out of the blue, Vardy makes it count. He's probably the most feared striker in the league right now.
    Man United's inconsistency is frustrating, another loss last night littered with baffling tactics and substitutions. Ole is not making it easy for himself, a loss at Everton at the weekend and that could be it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    3-0 to Rennes in the CL for Chelsea.
    Keeping up their unbeaten streak in the CL.
    I’ll take it. Even if it is early stages. Helps confidence and helps them gel as a team.
    Man United's inconsistency is frustrating, another loss last night littered with baffling tactics and substitutions. Ole is not making it easy for himself, a loss at Everton at the weekend and that could be it.

I can't argue with you @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Ole is a nice guy, but he isn't doing great. And I fear time is not on his side. A loss at Everton could be disastrous. I think the only thing that's keeping Ole at the Club, is his old legendary moments. Moments like Camp Nou, in 1999. Not saying United can't sack him, but they'll do it in an amiable way, coz of what Ole did for the Club, not just in 1999, but his super-scoring moments at the club.
    Benny wrote: »
    3-0 to Rennes in the CL for Chelsea.
    Keeping up their unbeaten streak in the CL.
    I’ll take it. Even if it is early stages. Helps confidence and helps them gel as a team.

Yeah. Lampard has been a happy one in the last couple of weeks. He's doing great.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,302
    0-1, Molde after 22 mins. I am not surprised. Arsenal have been horrible.

Edit: 1-1 just before the half-time whistle, from an own goal. Need to step things up in second half, because this was embarrassing from Arsenal.
    ____

A better second half saved Arsenal from a horrible result, with the game ending 4-1. Molde is probably their toughest opponent in the group, and I hope Arsenal will play a better game when they travel to Norway to face Molde again.
    0-1, Molde after 22 mins. I am not surprised. Arsenal have been horrible.

Edit: 1-1 just before the half-time whistle, from an own goal. Need to step things up in second half, because this was embarrassing from Arsenal.
    ____

A better second half saved Arsenal from a horrible result, with the game ending 4-1. Molde is probably their toughest opponent in the group, and I hope Arsenal will play a better game when they travel to Norway to face Molde again.

Yeah. And I think apart from Ceballos, Partey & Elneny might be the perfect Midfield Combo for Arsenal. They need to feature more if Arsenal are to progress this season.