"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Get in!!! Very important win against Blues tonight! Hopefully Leeds and Sheffield United slip up tomorrow now? OTBC!!!!

That depends; has Bielsa managed to send out another spy after the "Spy Gate" scandal? :-D

Norwich seems to keep their form going. Impressive!

Lol!

Well my friend the results went my way as I had hoped for, with both Leeds and Sheffield Utd losing!! Gonna be really interesting the next couple of weeks.

How about that! The Championship is becoming quite the points thriller! West Brom have yet to play as well, and can close in the gap up to Sheffield Utd.

Which they have and now leap frogged Sheffield Utd into third. Exciting and nervous times ahead!

Shefield Utd next too, I see. Good opportunity to get a gap down!

That is what I am certainly hoping for seeing as we have Leeds Utd the following week! But would need West Brom to slip up too?

With a league as unpredictable as the Championship, anything can happen!
    They have found what looks like a seat and some bend metal etc.
    They will use a diver today,weather permitting.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,289
    barryt007 wrote: »

That doesn't look good. Hoping for some good news.

I don't think that's going to happen,Torg.

No, that's probably unlikely. What kind of airplane was it? A small one?
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 19,339

Yeah,a Piper I think.
    The pilot was/is a father of 3 as well.

Yeah,a Piper I think.

Damn, that's tragic. Can't see anything about bad weather in the news reports, but accidents happen, unfortunately.

Yeah,a Piper I think.

Damn, that's tragic. Can't see anything about bad weather in the news reports, but accidents happen, unfortunately.

The sea is being very unstable again.

Yeah,a Piper I think.

A search is probably difficult, with winds and conditions one can expect at this time of the year.

Yeah,a Piper I think.

A search is probably difficult, with winds and conditions one can expect at this time of the year.

Exactly..the only hope they have is that it did have a life raft on board,thats why the search hasn't been called off yet.

Yeah,a Piper I think.

Exactly..the only hope they have is that it did have a life raft on board,thats why the search hasn't been called off yet.

Read that just now. The same article also mentioned that the aircraft "is registered in America and 35 years old."
    Well? Over all I am happy with the draw against Sheffield Utd at the weekend to keep us second. A little frustrating we lost the lead twice, but take great comfort that we are currently without a number of players. The next big one is away at Leeds this Saturday. Should be a belter, then it is the old farm derby against Ipswich. Come on!!!!!!

The games after that are their for the taking then. We have to turn up though as nothing is certain in the Championship.
    Those two fixtures (especially the Leeds one) looks to be quite the season decider, @RogueAgent. Two wins, and Norwich will be in a great position for promotion!
    Norwich looks the place to be for great drama and goals,it was the same last season at Carrow Road.

That's why I hope they get automatic promotion,it would be great for the EPL.
    Those two fixtures (especially the Leeds one) looks to be quite the season decider, @RogueAgent. Two wins, and Norwich will be in a great position for promotion!

It is so up and down, this will run to the end I think between the current top 4?
    Norwich looks the place to be for great drama and goals,it was the same last season at Carrow Road.

Cheer's Barry007, I am hoping for automatic promotion and frankly I don't care whether it is a 1st or 2nd place finish? Would love to mix it with the big boys again next season. You certainly get value for money with Norwich buddy. On a separate note I see the Emirates is going to host a Rugby match? What's that all about?

It is so up and down, this will run to the end I think between the current top 4?

It will probably run all the way to the end, but those point can be very important come the end of the season!

Cheer's Barry007, I am hoping for automatic promotion and frankly I don't care whether it is a 1st or 2nd place finish? Would love to mix it with the big boys again next season. You certainly get value for money with Norwich buddy. On a separate note I see the Emirates is going to host a Rugby match? What's that all about?

Money money money old pal...simple as that.

It will probably run all the way to the end, but those point can be very important come the end of the season!

Couldn't agree more, really pleased we are where we are as we have a few injuries. So this weekend will be a real test.

Indeed so, It is a business nowadays as opposed to a passion.

Maybe Arsenal can afford a few players if they host the occasional rugby match? :))
    The pitch will look like crap though…

Couldn't agree more, really pleased we are where we are as we have a few injuries. So this weekend will be a real test.

No doubt it will be quite the game!

Maybe Arsenal can afford a few players if they host the occasional rugby match? :))

It certainly will my friend. Squeaky bum time as they say for Saturday! Lol!

It certainly will my friend. Squeaky bum time as they say for Saturday! Lol!

Haha, that's a brilliant phrase! :))

That's what worries me.

That's what worries me.

It's a big worry for sure. There are enough issues around the club as it is, and we don't need a bad pitch on top of everything…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Deadline day is a bit underwhelming, the best deals so far are contract extensions... Though it looks like Fellaini is off to China which I am pleased with.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,366

These mini promos get worse :))

SKY Sports are really trying to hype up some bog standard transfers

These mini promos get worse :))

Hahaha, yes – at least the Deadline Day ones!