"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    So its Boxing Day fixtures today. Hopefully we will get another positive result today at home against Nottingham Forest? We got some tough games coming with Derby, Birmingham and West Brom to follow!

That's some tough fixtures! WBA looks to have done well after putting Darren Moore in charge.

I think they are the team to watch to be honest?

On a separate note, what another mad weekend to be a Norwich fan in the Championship. I know it was a draw boys but to come back from 3 down in the 2nd half. OTBC!!!

WBA seems to be picking up points regularly, just like Leeds and of course Norwich. The three standout teams so far this season, for sure.

Derby next, is it?

It is at home so all being well that will give us an extra boost!!!

Should be a good chance of a Norwich win this. Derby got beat 3-1 Sheffield United last round, and before that they had two draws.
    So its Boxing Day fixtures today. Hopefully we will get another positive result today at home against Nottingham Forest? We got some tough games coming with Derby, Birmingham and West Brom to follow!

That's some tough fixtures! WBA looks to have done well after putting Darren Moore in charge.

On a separate note, what another mad weekend to be a Norwich fan in the Championship. I know it was a draw boys but to come back from 3 down in the 2nd half. OTBC!!!

WBA seems to be picking up points regularly, just like Leeds and of course Norwich. The three standout teams so far this season, for sure.

Derby next, is it?

Should be a good chance of a Norwich win this. Derby got beat 3-1 Sheffield United last round, and before that they had two draws.

So far so good?!!! Come on the Norwich boys!!!!!

Derby next, is it?

Me and my big mouth!!!! Lol!!!

Derby next, is it?

Still time to win the game!

Derby next, is it?

Hoping so my friend!

Derby next, is it?

Hoping so my friend!

There's the goal you've been waiting for!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Spurs are losing at home to Wolves.

Edit: Wolves leading 3 goals to 1.

Derby next, is it?

Hoping so my friend!

Ouch! Two goals conceded in three minutes?

I must admit to cheering that result more than I should :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal after 18 minutes!

Watching this game makes my stomach hurt!

Mané makes it 3-1.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302

Mané makes it 3-1.

Turned off the match. Can't see this game turning unfortunately…

Mané makes it 3-1.

Salah makes it 4-1 (from a penalty).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Liverpool up 4-1, despite being outplayed in the midfield for much of the half.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302

Mané makes it 3-1.

Salah makes it 4-1 (from a penalty).
    TripAces wrote: »
    Liverpool up 4-1, despite being outplayed in the midfield for much of the half.

Arsenal desperately needs defenders in the transfer window. Things aren't working at all.

But with Kroenke in charge, I'm not expecting anything to happen.
    Firmino makes it 5-1 (hattrick for him) thanks to another penalty.
    Firmino makes it 5-1 (hattrick for him) thanks to another penalty.

Game to forget this. Fulham next!

Derby next, is it?

Hoping so my friend!

Ouch! Two goals conceded in three minutes?

I must admit to cheering that result more than I should :))

Floodlight failure! Unbelievable!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,407

I read a few days ago Pep had his staff trained to use drones

What?! Football doesn't stop surprising!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

To spy on his players apparently

To spy on his players apparently

Well, it's Pep after all…
    Well a huge game for my boys today at the Baggies! Not feeling too confident on this one? Come on lads! OTBC!!!
    Southgate on United manager short list according to reports... No, no, no... No no no noooo No!!!!!!!!!!
    Southgate on United manager short list according to reports... No, no, no... No no no noooo No!!!!!!!!!!

Why? United should be able to attract many top managers, shouldn't they?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Hi didn't get a lot of game play under Sarri, for some reason. I'm be sorry to see Cesc Fabregas leave Chelsea. Top quality mid fielder. You're a true Blue with me Cesc.
    Benny wrote: »
    Hi didn't get a lot of game play under Sarri, for some reason. I'm be sorry to see Cesc Fabregas leave Chelsea. Top quality mid fielder. You're a true Blue with me Cesc.

Will be strange with a PL without him. He was great at Arsenal, and I think the Unai could have needed him in that midfield, even in 2019.

If Southgate is being considered the United board really are clueless

If Southgate is being considered the United board really are clueless

Would be a rather strange choice, that's for sure!