"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,407
    Ole been confirmed as caretaker manager by Norwegian Prime minister apparently.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1060890/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Norwegian-Prime-Minister-Manchester-United-appointment-Mourinho

That comment has been removed, Man United Official Website announced his appointment then deleted there comment also. Its comedy hour
    Ole been confirmed as caretaker manager by Norwegian Prime minister apparently.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1060890/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Norwegian-Prime-Minister-Manchester-United-appointment-Mourinho

That comment has been removed, Man United Official Website announced his appointment then deleted there comment also. Its comedy hour

The whole process is comedy hour!

Ole is Man Utd manager until the end of the season haha.

Welcome to the Championship !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The rest of the season is a right off, if Ole does well its a bonus, Phelan as assistant manager will be key to help steady the ship and bring the fragmented fan base back together.

I think the squad will be looked at and I expect a few to be shown the door in the summer.

I am just glad Jose has gone and we have the opportunity to play more positive/attacking football.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,026
    It’s hard to have a complete clear out of players, as it then makes it difficult to integrate all the newbies next season.

There are some players at Utd that have the wrong attitude. I can think of two. But some are just not top level.

I wonder just how long the new guy will get to turn it around.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302
    Solskjær confirmed then. Strange appointment by United. Really strange. Quite the year for the guy though:

26. aug. 2018: loses 2-3 at home against Ranheim – a newly promoted club with part-time footballers, and a € 4,15 Mill. market value (Molde at € 13,20 Mill.).

19. dec. 2018: takes charge of United ( with a market value of €3.25bn).
    Be interesting to see how Ole handles the players?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Ole coached a few of them in the reserve team including Pogba, he has said previously that he would build a team around Pogba.

Ole has been brought in because of his deep roots to the club, no idea how he will do though he will have the players backing him which is important right now.

Ole coached a few of them in the reserve team including Pogba, he has said previously that he would build a team around Pogba.

Ole has been brought in because of his deep roots to the club, no idea how he will do though he will have the players backing him which is important right now.

Be curious to see how they go about their business this weekend?

Be curious to see how they go about their business this weekend?

Hopefully the shackles will be off and we will play attacking football, we are away to Cardiff not the most difficult fixture to start with for Ole
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,407
    Cardiff 1 - 5 Man United it's the biggest win we have had since Sir Alex which Says alot about the philosophy of our last three managers, early days though closed the gap to the top four, we have a glimmer of a chance.
    Back to the summit of the Championship, well done lads and super Pukki does it again!!! OTBC!!!!!
    Back to the summit of the Championship, well done lads and super Pukki does it again!!! OTBC!!!!!

He just doesn't stop scoring it seems!

Jose: "How do you expect me to win without better players?"

Ole: "Football is easy when you got good players. They are such a great bunch of players and the quality is just unbelievable!"

Quite a turn around.
    As a Rosenborg fan it will be difficult to see Solskjær's face in every news headline until the end of the PL season!
    This will be milked so much in Norwegian media that even fans of Solskjær will be sick of him by the end of the season...
    I watched the full Rooney interview on BT Sports last night, it appears Jose was already causing a divide between himself and the players in his first season at Old Trafford.
    jobo wrote: »
    This will be milked so much in Norwegian media that even fans of Solskjær will be sick of him by the end of the season...

Hopefully! I counted eleven different articles on the front page of vg.no right now. Eleven!

It is the whole team really. On a separate note? How did Villa blow that?!!!!

Daniel Farke must be a popular man in Norwich these days!
    What happened in the Villa game?

He is very popular my friend. As for Villa, they were winning 2-0 against Leeds Utd at home at half time. They ended up losing 3-2 which put Leeds back in pole position in the League.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302

He is very popular my friend. As for Villa, they were winning 2-0 against Leeds Utd at home at half time. They ended up losing 3-2 which put Leeds back in pole position in the League.

Wow, that's not a result to be happy with!
    So its Boxing Day fixtures today. Hopefully we will get another positive result today at home against Nottingham Forest? We got some tough games coming with Derby, Birmingham and West Brom to follow!
    So its Boxing Day fixtures today. Hopefully we will get another positive result today at home against Nottingham Forest? We got some tough games coming with Derby, Birmingham and West Brom to follow!

That's some tough fixtures! WBA looks to have done well after putting Darren Moore in charge.

That's some tough fixtures! WBA looks to have done well after putting Darren Moore in charge.

I think they are the team to watch to be honest?

On a separate note, what another mad weekend to be a Norwich fan in the Championship. I know it was a draw boys but to come back from 3 down in the 2nd half. OTBC!!!

On a separate note, what another mad weekend to be a Norwich fan in the Championship. I know it was a draw boys but to come back from 3 down in the 2nd half. OTBC!!!

WBA seems to be picking up points regularly, just like Leeds and of course Norwich. The three standout teams so far this season, for sure.

Derby next, is it?

WBA seems to be picking up points regularly, just like Leeds and of course Norwich. The three standout teams so far this season, for sure.

Derby next, is it?

It is at home so all being well that will give us an extra boost!!!