"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,531
    It's just a joke now the line up was a joke, be glad when it full time and the right thing is done in the coming days.
    It's just a joke now the line up was a joke, be glad when it full time and the right thing is done in the coming days.

It will be interesting days for United supporters around the world!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sack Jose at half time
    How long is left on his contract?
    vzok wrote: »

It was extended to 2020, his initial contract would have ended at the end of this season.
    That could have been a penalty to Newcastle!
    vzok wrote: »

Didn't he sign a new contract earlier this year?
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,341
    1-2, Juan Mata.

2-2, Martial.
    Second goal was quality, one of the most frustrating things is we have good players.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Jose might hang on.
    Get in
    (sorry @Fire_and_Ice_Returns but) oh, no! United defeat would have been wonderful for Arsenal…
    Never want to lose and three points are vital, the players have won this game if that's the end result.
    Feel gutted for Newcastle, to be honest!
    United deserved the win though Newcastle are poor, watching MUTV they are overly enthusiastic.
    I think Newcastle could have won it, hadn't they given away that unnecessary free kick leading up to that first goal. Interesting to see that the subs had so much impact for United.
    Jose talking about the pressure that "Man Hunting" has effected players, he said some players and himself did not know if he would be here this morning.
    Jose talking about the pressure that "Man Hunting" has effected players, he said some players and himself did not know if he would be here this morning.

Strange times at United.
    On a night when Newcastle unfortunately cracked towards the end, at least Alaves made up for it by beating Real Madrid 1-0! I am a little bit embarassed by the psychotic laugh I made when I saw it... (nah, not really! ;) ). That is the fifth (!!!) straight game for Franco's friends without a goal! Bonkers!

Ah, the sweet world of schadenfreude! ;)) :P
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,531
    0_Manchester-United-v-Newcastle-United-Premier-League.jpg

I suspect this was Woodwards reaction to Jose rotating Central Midfielders at Centre Back.

0_Manchester-United-v-Newcastle-United-Premier-League.jpg

Not a happy man.
    Don't think I've ever seen him smile, to be honest!
    jobo wrote: »
    On a night when Newcastle unfortunately cracked towards the end, at least Alaves made up for it by beating Real Madrid 1-0! I am a little bit embarassed by the psychotic laugh I made when I saw it... (nah, not really! ;) ). That is the fifth (!!!) straight game for Franco's friends without a goal! Bonkers!

Ah, the sweet world of schadenfreude! ;)) :P

We can only hope the results go the right way in Eliteserien tomorrow as well!
    Good day for Unai and the boys! :-D
    5-1 excellent stuff !!

Even above the scum now and into 3rd place !!

9 game unbeaten run....and Rambo scoring ...give him a contract ffs !!!!
    Liverpool 0-0 Man City

Perfect result for us Gooners,a 2 point gain on both teams and a +4 goal difference gain.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    5-1 excellent stuff !!

Even above the scum now and into 3rd place !!

9 game unbeaten run....and Rambo scoring ...give him a contract ffs !!!!

This was a great result! First half not their best (stupid goal to concede), but the second half was quality. Mustafi had good control over Mitrović, and Xhaka and Torreira wasn't at all bad in the midfield after the break (Xhaka had a great pass through on the fourth (or was it fifth?) goal).
    Liverpool 0-0 Man City

Perfect result for us Gooners,a 2 point gain on both teams and a +4 goal difference gain.

This was a great results for Arsenal! I can see Chelsea having a shot at the title if Liverpool and City doesn't pick up wins on a regular basis. Hazard looks like he's having a fantastic season.
    Liverpool and City have got 6 wins out of 8 though. Fairly regular.
    But we are right behind you

If someone had said Arsenal would manage a nine-game win streak after City and Chelsea, I would have thought they were joking. Unai need to use the international break wisely, and keep the players sharp for the upcoming fixtures. These are:
    Leicester (H), Sporting Lisbon (A), Crystal Palace (A), Blackpool (H), Liverpool (H), Sporting Lisbon (H).

Don't know how Sporting are playing these days, but that Liverpool fixture is the standout difficult one. Leicester have caused problems for Arsenal before, and Palace can be a difficult opponent.
    And we’re playing rubbish so far.
    Well I am very proud of my Norwich boys for the last few weeks now with how they performed. Just gutted our run came to an end via an own goal. Sods law but lets hope we can go on another one after the international break?