"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Get in Ross Barkley!
    Much better from Utd in the second half. Still happy to see Chelsea unbeaten. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    God knows my stomach is in bits gutted with ewualiser, some idiot ran past Jose and said something.

Yeah cos José would never do that. Lol.

• edited October 2018 Posts: 17,301
    God knows my stomach is in bits gutted with ewualiser, some idiot ran past Jose and said something.

Looks like one of Sarri's staff. Will be interesting to hear more about this throughout the evening!

Games like this is the reason internationals will never beat club football.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Benny wrote: »

If Jose did that I would not have been impressed.

Looks like one of Sarri's staff. Will be interesting to hear more about this throughout the evening!

Exhilarating second half games like that is why football is great.

And in the early kick-off as well! West-Ham-Sp*rs on the TV now. Meh…

Will have half an eye on the game for Fantasy purposes though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Me too stuck with Kane though he just is not scoring.

Me too stuck with Kane though he just is not scoring.

Took him out for a hit, so I sure hope he doesn't!
    Are Rosenborg gonna see the title slip away at the end of the season? Tonight's performance makes that very likely, with only one point away against Lillestrøm. Brann only two points behind after their away win against Stabæk. Rosenborg away against Brann next weekend…
    Are Rosenborg gonna see the title slip away at the end of the season? Tonight's performance makes that very likely, with only one point away against Lillestrøm. Brann only two points behind after their away win against Stabæk. Rosenborg away against Brann next weekend…

I think they will salvage it, but it's no doubt the performances have been dreadful lately. One could take the easy route and blame all the injuries, but I think there is something seriously wrong with the culture of the club, mainly at board level. It has been an ugly year in general, and the club has taken a step back where we expected the opposite...
    jobo wrote: »

I think they will salvage it, but it's no doubt the performances have been dreadful lately. One could take the easy route and blame all the injuries, but I think there is something seriously wrong with the culture of the club, mainly at board level. It has been an ugly year in general, and the club has taken a step back where we expected the opposite...

Totally agree, the performances have been horrible all season really. There's the stomach bug that affected some of the players before this fixture of course, but this is Lillestrøm, who might get relegated by the end of the season. Not a good result at all.

As far as the board goes, they've really put themselves in a situation where the next manager appointment is make or break for the board and the board members. They have to get things right after the sacking of Kåre Ingebrigtsen.
    So proud of my Norwich boys on Saturday on coming from behind at Nottingham Forest to win 2-1. Even more so when our star player Teemu Pukki picked up a hamstring injury whilst a pointless friendly for Finland during the international break.

So for Tim Klose who was the unfortunate defender for the own goal against Stoke city to bring our good run to an end before the internationals, to score a brace at the weekend to get us back into form is just brilliant. Well done boys!!! OTBC!!!!
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Yes Arsenal are playing shit once more ,and Iwobi is Leicester’s 12th man x boy he is crap

1-0 Leicester x right luckily I have something else I recorded for the next half hour as I’m getting angry n need to step away from the match for a bit until the second half.

Oh, for f**ks sake…
    Özil!!
    Aubameyang!!!!

Again! Yes!!
    I have been watching x I couldn’t ever concentrate ever leaving an Arsenal match x great 3rd goal boys x typical Arsenal goal x Aub !!!!!!!!!
    Ozil on fire x great for my Sky FF team x he is captain as well !!!
    Why is Vardy , an Englishman , wearing gloves the muppet
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I have been watching x I couldn’t ever concentrate ever leaving an Arsenal match x great 3rd goal boys x typical Arsenal goal x Aub !!!!!!!!!
    Ozil on fire x great for my Sky FF team x he is captain as well !!!

Özil's best performance this season so far? MOTM tied with Aubameyang, IMO. Iwobi and Bellerín have been positive in second half as well, and Lacazette should had one goal.
    Why is Vardy , an Englishman , wearing gloves the muppet

Hah! Who knows! He went off as well, and I think Leicester used all their subs before that.
    Yes I admit I do pick on Iwobi whenever I get pissed off wz the team, I have to stop that .

This is our best start for 5 years ,21 points ,into 4th and only 2 points from the top,kicking the scum back into 5th as well.

10 wins in a row, 7 premiership in a row.
    And great substitutions by the boss tonight , all 3 of them.
    Very good mental strength ,Rob got a yellow card early on but was perfection afterwards, Mustafi has become a new player and Xiaka playing brilliant m composed at left back ?

Looks like Emery is making sure players can cover more than one position and is practicing that.
    Yes I admit I do pick on Iwobi whenever I get pissed off wz the team, I have to stop that .

This is our best start for 5 years ,21 points ,into 4th and only 2 points from the top,kicking the scum back into 5th as well.

10 wins in a row, 7 premiership in a row.
    And great substitutions by the boss tonight , all 3 of them.
    Very good mental strength ,Rob got a yellow card early on but was perfection afterwards, Mustafi has become a new player and Xiaka playing brilliant m composed at left back ?

Looks like Emery is making sure players can cover more than one position and is practicing that.

Yeah, Unai is doing something right with this squad. It's not at all perfect yet, but turning 0-1 to 3-1 is solid (really nice play on all three goals as well). Just shows how much value there is in squad depth when Auba can be a sub – which he shouldn't be, IMO.

Also; Reiss Nelson is apparently doing well on loan to Hoffenheim – scoring twice on Saturday. Will be interesting to see how he develops as a player there.
    We are bringing good English players through the academy atm x ignore the lack of English talent atm in the first team,they are out there ,as Reiss- Nelson is showing and our subs bench is as well.
    We are bringing good English players through the academy atm x ignore the lack of English talent atm in the first team,they are out there ,as Reiss- Nelson is showing and our subs bench is as well.

Arsenal have few problems in that department, I think. Nelson is doing well on loan, Emile Smith Rowe has been good in the EL, and others are hopefully taking the right steps under Emery, Freddie Ljungberg (U23), etc. And the BFG is a good appointment as academy manager.
    Ch

Arsenal have little problem in that department, I think. Nelson is doing well on loan, Emile Smith Rowe has been good in the EL, and others are hopefully taking the right steps under Emery, Freddie Ljungberg (U23), etc. And the BFG is a good appointment as academy manager.

Check the subs bench tonight .
    Ch

Arsenal have little problem in that department, I think. Nelson is doing well on loan, Emile Smith Rowe has been good in the EL, and others are hopefully taking the right steps under Emery, Freddie Ljungberg (U23), etc. And the BFG is a good appointment as academy manager.

Check the subs bench tonight .

That's good reading! Medley and Smith Rowe both academy players. Ramsey was too, of course – and Martinez.
    Poor again by United way too cautious and negative

Came very close to a win though! Ross Barkley looks to get more playing time with Maurizio Sarri as manager. He was quite good when he played for Everton, and the Chelsea transfer looked a bit strange at the time.

Came very close to a win though! Ross Barkley looks to get more playing time with Maurizio Sarri as manager. He was quite good when he played for Everton, and the Chelsea transfer looked a bit strange at the time.

Meant the Juve game that on now losing 1 - 0 Jose has clearly ordered his team not to press gr

Meant the Juve game that on now losing 1 - 0 Jose has clearly ordered his team not to press gr

Of course, forgot that the United game had started!

The other group game was a draw surprisingly, so losing won't be a disaster though Jose has to go the team is a mess

The other group game was a draw surprisingly, so losing won't be a disaster though Jose has to go the team is a mess

How was the match? Were Juve dominant?