"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Jose has been proved why he sticks with certain players, majority of this lot are hapless

It has surprised me i must say...even De Gea is not right.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Jose has been proved why he sticks with certain players, majority of this lot are hapless

I was talking to my brother earlier I am thinking Jose has lost the dressing room.

I was talking to my brother earlier I am thinking Jose has lost the dressing room.

I'm thinking the same matey,i mean all due respect to Brighton,and the tactics in the 2nd half have been spot on by Chris Hughton,but to see Man Utd playes moaning and pushing each other ,something isnt right.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    No team ethic and players are not turning up, some players are barely trying
    Lovely air shot by Fred....that creased me up,so funny..then he tries to blame Murray.

There are cameras everywhere you knob-end haha.
    Yes...well played the gulls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On the upside two of my FF players scored.

United were shocking not good
    United have been pants

Welcome to my and @Torgeirtrap world....mind you at least we have 2 veeeery difficult games out of the way as we re-build !!

That's an important key word, though -"re-build". This is going to take time - possibly not this season even will be enough for a top four.

That is what being a good coach is all about: Making your players perform at their best. If several highly rated players consistently fail to perform, it hints that something is wrong with management and coaching... Instead of moaning about it, Mou should look at what the reason might. What is it that he might be doing wrong?

When was the last time a player actually improved under Mourinho's management? I cannot remember a good example since his days at Internazionale. That is eight years ago. But that is one of the important signs of a great coach: Making your players improve and perform at their maximum. Quite obvious, right?
    Bobby Madley moves to Norway after shock exit as a Premier League referee:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6088041/Bobby-Madley-moves-Norway-exit-Premier-League-referee.html

Eliteserien next?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wolves holding Man City to a draw...10 minutes to play.
    Benny wrote: »
    Wolves holding Man City to a draw...10 minutes to play.

Great for the league, bad for FPL-ers! :))

This tweet by Barry Glendenning, and the comments to it, is fantastic :))
    I love Jose hope he can turn it around
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,294

Not the most positive match from a player perspective, either. Think Mou wanted a response from the players tonight.

Not the most positive match from a player perspective, either. Think Mou wanted a response from the players tonight.

I am Jose in ill always back my manager

Do you think the amount of lineup changes will be carried on into the next fixture? Jones aside probably, if he's injured.

Do you think the amount of lineup changes will be carried on into the next fixture? Jones aside probably, if he's injured.

I think Jose will stick with the majority of the starting line up, Sanchez will come in.

I think Jose will stick with the majority of the starting line up, Sanchez will come in.

Would be strange if he didn't. I wonder what role Martial and Rashford will possibly get this season…

Would be strange if he didn't. I wonder what role Martial and Rashford will possibly get this season…

I watched that Jose showed some fire and he needs to cultivate a siege mentality.

Martial and Rashford are still young and inconsistent though great talents, they will get there chances.

I watched that Jose showed some fire and he needs to cultivate a siege mentality.

Martial and Rashford are still young and inconsistent though great talents, they will get there chances.

I guess Mou's go-to tactic in situations like these is the "us against them" one. The upcoming weeks will tell if that works. I hope we'll see more of Martial and Lingard, though. They can be exciting players at their best, and deserves a few chances. If Mou is the man to give them that, I'm more uncertain about…

Martial could actually be a good player for Arsenal come to think of it…

I guess Mou's go-to tactic in situations like these is the "us against them" one. The upcoming weeks will tell if that works. I hope we'll see more of Martial and Lingard, though. They can be exciting players at their best, and deserves a few chances. If Mou is the man to give them that, I'm more uncertain about…

This is Jose biggest challenge I think he realises it, I hope I am right and he sorts this mess out.

This is Jose biggest challenge I think he realises it, I hope I am right and he sorts this mess out.

He needs to, if United's going to have a good season. Still early though, so anything can happen.
    Incredible Europa League qualifier between Shkëndija and Rosenborg. Rosenborg had a 3-1 lead from the first match at Lerkendal, but delivered a shaky performance in the away match in the Republic of Macedonia. Shkëndija owned the match from the first minutes, and eventually got themselves two(!) penalties - one in each half.

That didn't help however, as goalkeeper André Hansen delivered a fantastic performance, saving both of them! How Rosenborg manages to keep him at the club is incredible, as he would no doubt strengthen bigger clubs in Europe.

Rosenborg eventually turned the game with two flattering goals, sending themselves safely into the EL group stages. Fellow Eliteserien club, Sarpsborg 08, also managed to reach the group stages, beating Maccabi Tel Aviv FC after two fixtures – which is nothing but very, very impressive.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Great to see Rosenborg qualify yet again.

Elsewhere F91 Dudelange became the first team from Luxembourg to reach a European group stage.

Congrats to them!
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Elsewhere F91 Dudelange became the first team from Luxembourg to reach a European group stage.

Congrats to them!

Looks like this year's qualifiers have been a surprising one! Looking forward to the draw tomorrow, to see which teams will face each other.
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Congrats to them!

That is delightfull!
    Rosenborg to face Celtic in EL - the same team that knocked Rosenborg out in the CL qualifiers. What a boring and difficult group to be in! Not one game to look forward to, having to play both Red Bull teams, as well…

Sarpsborg 08 in group I; much better group for them.

Group E for Arsenal, @barryt007. Not the worst draw for Arsenal, this.