"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    2-2 at half time.

I'm not watching it as i dont have BT Sports but i am getting updates...Iwobi scored ??!!
    We have come back from 0-2 ?!

Blimey .

Not liking the look of this Arsenal team at the moment. Özil and Xhaka subbed (the latter after 45 mins) may be telling of things to come regarding team selection. Aubameyang and Lacazette should really start together to make things work. Iwobi was actually quite good all things considered. Hopefully Emery can make him a good option as a regular starter.
    2-2 at half time.

I'm not watching it as i dont have BT Sports but i am getting updates...Iwobi scored ??!!

Blimey .

Not liking the look of this Arsenal team at the moment. Özil and Xhaka subbed (the latter after 45 mins) may be telling of things to come regarding team selection. Aubameyang and Lacazette should really start together to make things work. Iwobi was actually quite good all things considered. Hopefully Emery can make him a good option as a regular starter.

I'm not sure Emery and Arsenal fit....i hate to say it and im not asking for instant results,but...
    2-2 at half time.

Blimey .

I'm not sure Emery and Arsenal fit....i hate to say it and im not asking for instant results,but...

It's early, but they seem all over the place at the moment. The high pressing haven't worked out in any way these first two fixtures. Play a ball behind Sokratis and Mustafi holding a high line up towards the midfield, and it's one on one against goal. They're not quick enough to cover that space.
    Not the easiest 2 matches for Arsenal
    How Mustafi is even there is amazing.

I can only see Emery playing him because he's more experienced than Mavropanos/Holding. Will be interesting to see what he does with his team selection now, with easier fixtures (on paper) coming up.

I can only see Emery playing him because he's more experienced than Mavropanos/Holding. Will be interesting to see what he does with his team selection now, with easier fixtures (on paper) coming up.

We needed to buy a major centre back and left back....didnt happen as usual.
    Interesting to see that he sticks with playing Guendouzi against opposition like this. Has to have a lot of faith in the 19 y/o - who it has to be said, has played OK.
    Interesting to see that he sticks with playing Guendouzi against opposition like this. Has to have a lot of faith in the 19 y/o - who it has to be said, has played OK.

Did he play 90 mins again ?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,294

Yep, full 90 mins for Guendouzi. He had some interesting stats from this match, which makes me wonder if Emery is thinking about playing Guendouzi with Torreira:

94% passing accuracy, 8 recoveries, 4 interceptions and 82 % duels won. Means little when looking at the result tonight, but he played better than most of the team, IMO.

Yep, full 90 mins for Guendouzi. He had some interesting stats from this match, which makes me wonder if Emery is thinking about playing Guendouzi with Torreira:

94% passing accuracy, 8 recoveries, 4 interceptions and 82 % duels won. Means little when looking at the result tonight, but he played better than most of the team, IMO.

He needs to be careful with him though,2 defeats no matter how well he played and the opponents will damage his confidence.

He needs to be careful with him though,2 defeats no matter how well he played and the opponents will damage his confidence.

Yeah, that's a risk of course. Xhaka had a yellow, of course - so that might have been the deciding factor for giving him the full match. I read an article about him, which goes into detail about his temperament and his self belief. Quite interesting reading:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/matteo-guendouzi-profile-who-is-he-arsenal-signing-transfer-lorient-story-behind-him-a8492171.html
    Marc André Ter Stegen for Bond #7

jobo wrote: »
    Marc André Ter Stegen for Bond #7

He had a good game, I take it?
    Phil Thompson guest in the TV2 studio today. Always great fun when he's there!

@barryt007 Guendouzi has some real passion, it seems.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City rotating again
    City rotating again

Mahrez is going straight out of my FPL team, and I'm taking hits to do it!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City rotating again

I did not pick any City players due to it being difficult to pick up consistent points.

Watching the game on one TV as I watch MUTV on another TV for United build up, I am slightly bemused with how City have set it.
    City rotating again

I did not pick any City players due to it being difficult to pick up consistent points.

Watching the game on one TV as I watch MUTV on another TV for United build up, I am slightly bemused with how City have set it.

Bound to be goals for City, though. Could have been miles ahead already. How are United lining up?
    ... And then City score gr
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,378
    Ederson should get the assist for that goal

Edited: No team news yet, United v Brighton F.A. Cup final highlights was playing.

Edited: No team news yet, United v Brighton F.A. Cup final highlights was playing.

I see. Read some rumours on Twitter that Sánchez didn't travel with the team. Might mean nothing, though.

I see. Read some rumours on Twitter that Sánchez didn't travel with the team. Might mean nothing, though.

Not heard anything and now watching prematch build up, nothing has been said about Sanchez.

Lukaku is the only change in predicted line up
    I’m not watching it x City will just annoy me as they stroll to victory x I’m watching Denzil in The Equaliser instead .
    Huddersfield scored temporarily halts demolition
    I’m not watching it x City will just annoy me as they stroll to victory x I’m watching Denzil in The Equaliser instead .

I have put that film on my Sky watch list lol
    What’s the score matey ?
    City 3 - 1 gr
    Aaah x carry on watching good old Denzil then methinks.
    MUTV are again replaying the 83 F. A. Cup final when we battered Brighton lol Come on United!