"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Cracking goal by Hazard, Belgium now 2 up against the Scots

Edited: Hazards goal looks like possible offside obstruction on replay.

Belgium 3 up now, they are destroying Scotland

Good game?

Decent in that Belgium look world class, they play great football.

Like their best moments at the World Cup, in other words?

Pretty much, Scotland are trying though they just don't have the quality. 0 - 4 now

0-4, not bad from Belgium that, although I don't know how much an opposition Scotland makes. Interesting to see that Batshuayi scored twice; wonder if Chelsea made a mistake sending him on loan again.

Scotland defence was really not great the first goal was a defensive shocker by the keeper.

Just watched the highlights; that was really a shocker by the keeper before that first goal. There were plenty of other teammates to pass the ball to! The cross leading to that third goal wasn't good by the Scotland defence either. Solid finishing on all the four goals, though.

My moto is if in doubt boot it out, god knows what the Scottish keeper was thinking.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,335

Good game?

Pretty much, Scotland are trying though they just don't have the quality. 0 - 4 now

0-4, not bad from Belgium that, although I don't know how much an opposition Scotland makes. Interesting to see that Batshuayi scored twice; wonder if Chelsea made a mistake sending him on loan again.

Scotland defence was really not great the first goal was a defensive shocker by the keeper.

Just watched the highlights; that was really a shocker by the keeper before that first goal. There were plenty of other teammates to pass the ball to! The cross leading to that third goal wasn't good by the Scotland defence either. Solid finishing on all the four goals, though.

My moto is if in doubt boot it out, god knows what the Scottish keeper was thinking.

Playing out from the back is what "everyone" does these days, but there's nothing long with playing the long ball up towards the halfway line!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Good game?

Playing out from the back is what "everyone" does these days, but there's nothing long with playing the long ball up towards the halfway line!

Especially when the opposition is camped in your half, sometimes just hit it long.

Good game?

Especially when the opposition is camped in your half, sometimes just hit it long.

Didn't even City do that a few weeks ago? I think Ederson played it long to Agüero, who then scored.

Good game?

Didn't even City do that a few weeks ago? I think Ederson played it long to Agüero, who then scored.

Great players have lazer like focus in pressure situations

Good game?

I think City have the quality to play out through the back safely, as well as having another factor in Ederson who can play very accurate long passes as well. Gives them an extra dimension, if you like.

Good game?

I think City have the quality to play out through the back safely, as well as having another factor in Ederson who can play very accurate long passes as well. Gives them an extra dimension, if you like.

Agree that's why high pressing by Liverpool worked against City it unsettles them, opposition teams should try to stop City playing from the back.

Good game?

Agree that's why high pressing by Liverpool worked against City it unsettles them, opposition teams should try to stop City playing from the back.

Indeed. High pressing is the best way to challenge City, I think - even if it leaves the team exposed in different areas.
    Just turned on Arsenal Legends v Real Madrid Legends. This will be interesting!
    Being half Irish,seeing N.Ireland play this crap and now 2-0 due to a defensive cock-up is not pleasant.

Might have to put another film on in a minute and come back for the England game,or maybe Switz vs Iceland before that.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Being half Irish,seeing N.Ireland play this crap and now 2-0 due to a defensive cock-up is not pleasant.

Might have to put another film on in a minute and come back for the England game,or maybe Switz vs Iceland before that.

You can always catch the rest of the Arsenal-Real game at arsenal.com! Robert Pires, Jens Lehmann, Ray Parlour, Gilberto Silva etc. all playing!
    Haha! Lovely stuff in the Legends match. 0-0 after full-time, and the game goes into penalty shootout. Arsenal with the advantage at the final penalty kick. Rosický steps forward to take it, but Lehmann sends him away, stepping up to take it himself! Places the ball securely in the goal, winning the game for Arsenal. All smiles from Rosický afterwards. :))
    Return of the Love train as England face Spain in I guess a competitive match.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,530
    England 1 up the goal made in Old Trafford

Nod of approval from Jose
    England 1 - 1 Spain... Lead did not last long
    England trailing now a bit of a reality check for this side
    England 1 up the goal made in Old Trafford

Nod of approval from Jose

Must be great for Mou to see his players combining.
    Shaw just had a bad fall not looking good
    God not again for the lad surely......he cant be seriously injured again surely...poor kid...i notice Mourinho doesnt appear to give a shit.
    It's unclear how he is though looked knocked unconscious
    Lets hope its nothing..he doesnt deserve this ,not with Mourinho as manager...talk about bad luck,bloody hell.

Atmosphere is dead now as well.
    Shaw injured? The guy can't catch a break!
    Yeah real bad luck for Shaw, the game has gone flat players will understandably be concerned
    Yeah real bad luck for Shaw, the game has gone flat players will understandably be concerned

What happened?

What happened?

Collision with Carvajal Shaw fell awkward and his head bounced of the ground, understandably no replay has been shown
    He is awake and on his phone,so he seems ok...concussion only maybe.
    Lol just heard that he must be on twitter
    Now that's good news!
    Hahaha wouldnt surprise me....Twitter before girlfriend !
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,530
    Late drama England appeared to equalize though looks disallowed for a phantom foul