"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

It had to be Bale, didn't it.
    Jose sign Bale now lol

Injuries vs wages vs goals is fine in La Liga but he wont be cost-worthy in the EPL for me.
    Off the post by Mané! They need a goal now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Jose sign Bale now lol

Injuries vs wages vs goals is fine in La Liga but he wont be cost-worthy in the EPL for me.

True the major issue with Bale is his fitness, he seems to spend as much time as Darren Anderton did on the treatment table.
    That's one hell of a tackle by Robertson!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    There are still goals in this for Liverpool
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Time is ticking away, but you sense there's another goal in this game yet.
    Real Madrid looks to slowing things down. I'd be happy with a Liverpool goal, but can't see it - unless Firmino/Mané does something amazing.
    All over, then…Damn.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Unbelievable! Bale is on fire.
    Jose sign Bale now lol

Dam missed 3rd goal
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Liverpool can't comeback from this.
    At least they can have another go next year ;)
    Fuck me ,that goalkeeper has just cost Liverpool millions of pounds..twice.

Madrid isnt your enemy Liverpool......................he is.

This is a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL for Gods sake !!

As soon as the whistle goes im turning it off,cant stand those wankers lifting the trophy..that keeper needs stoning to death in stocks in Liverpool city centre.
    Karius will get some stick, Liverpools lack of depth is really showing tonight
    Karius will get some stick, Liverpools lack of depth is really showing tonight

Stick ???? sack him...disgusting performance.
  • RC7RC7
    Not going to lie. That was delightful.
    Karius was Madrid’s man of the match.

As soon as the whistle goes im turning it off,cant stand those wankers lifting the trophy..that keeper needs stoning to death in stocks in Liverpool city centre.

It all feels so familiar, doesn't it? Everybody know the weaknesses of Liverpool, just as it's so bloody obvious what's need to be addressed at Arsenal. Didn't stop Liverpool from reaching the CL final though, so hats off to what they've achieved in 2017-'18.
    I can't remember seeing a goalkeeper come up with two absolute howlers in one match. Great match to save them up for.

It all feels so familiar, doesn't it? Everybody know the weaknesses of Liverpool, just as it's so bloody obvious what's need to be addressed at Arsenal. Didn't stop Liverpool from reaching the CL final though, so hats off to what they've achieved in 2017-'18.

They should be in extra time at 1-1 now except for that prick of a keeper.

Anyway im off for the night....i will leave you to @TheWizardOfIce whenever he appears again,bless him.
    I wouldnt wish that experience on any team apart from Hotsperm.
    Real Madrid (again) really weren't that good. One good goal. Didn't do much else.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Well say what you want about Mignolet, but he wouldn’t have committed those giant Karius errors.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Well say what you want about Mignolet, but he wouldn’t have committed those giant Karius errors.

He had more than his fair share of howlers. New goalkeeper required.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,297

They should be in extra time at 1-1 now except for that prick of a keeper.

Anyway im off for the night....i will leave you to @TheWizardOfIce whenever he appears again,bless him.
    I wouldnt wish that experience on any team apart from Hotsperm.

Have a good evening!
    Not the result many of us wanted, but there you go. If Real Madrid can't do it themselves, someone else will do it for them!
    Just watched Bales second goal, thats very weak hands from Karius.
  • RC7RC7

No trophy, though. Would be a memorable season for Spurs. Liverpool (vomit) are a big club and needed that.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Benny wrote: »
    Liverpool can't comeback from this.
    At least they can have another go next year ;)

With Jack Butland in goal!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,297
    RC7 wrote: »

No trophy, though. Would be a memorable season for Spurs. Liverpool (vomit) are a big club and needed that.

No doubt about that - but they really went for it (the CL), with some impressive results along the way as well. Wonder what the result might had been with Salah on the pitch the whole match.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

No doubt about that - but they really went for it (the CL), with some impressive results along the way as well. Wonder what the result might had been with Salah on the pitch the whole match.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. 4th in the league, no trophies. They need to step up. Much more attractive brand of football than us, but nothing to show for it.