"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Torgeirtrap as long as Real win I'll be happy ;) being a United fan.

Congrats to Fulham that may increase there chances of holding onto Ryan Sessegnon.
  • RC7RC7
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Fulham to the PL. Jokanović has done well with this team. Will be interesting to see how they do things from here!

A good team as well....and a small tight ground like Craven Cottage could be a fortress...they deserve it over the season.

Been to Fulham many a time, it’s just down the road from me - fortress? It’s so middle-class the red trousered teenagers applaud the away fans if they concede. Fair play to them, but it’s one hell of a comical club.
    Fulham to the PL. Jokanović has done well with this team. Will be interesting to see how they do things from here!

A good team as well....and a small tight ground like Craven Cottage could be a fortress...they deserve it over the season.

Yes, and they look to - as reported by a football commentator here in Norway - have all in place to do well. Wonder if they will be able to keep Mitrović. He's been very good for them on loan from Newcastle.

Yes, and they look to - as reported by a football commentator here in Norway - have all in place to do well. Wonder if they will be able to keep Mitrović. He's been very good for them on loan from Newcastle.

I think they will.
    He will fetch a good price and Newcastle will look for a new player.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,297

Congrats to Fulham that may increase there chances of holding onto Ryan Sessegnon.

I'm sure some people here (you included!) have a reason to want Real to win, haha!
    As a neutral, I really want Liverpool to win, just so see that smug grin on Ronaldo's face go away for one evening! :))

I think they will.
    He will fetch a good price and Newcastle will look for a new player.

That looks very likely, yes. Good for both clubs, I'd say.

Guess Newcastle have other problems to worry about though: the owner and transfer budget one thing, and Benítez staying the other. Benítez will surely want more money to spend this summer.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339

I'm sure some people here (you included!) have a reason to want Real to win, haha!
    As a neutral, I really want Liverpool to win, just so see that smug grin on Ronaldo's face go away for one evening! :))

Agreed....as a Gooner i have nothing but respect for Liverpool's efforts and i hope they win...The 'Winker' Ronaldo losing,and Bale,Modric,will just be a bonus.#

But i wont be watching it anyway.

Agreed....as a Gooner i have nothing but respect for Liverpool's efforts and i hope they win...The 'Winker' Ronaldo losing,and Bale,Modric,will just be a bonus.

And what a bonus!
    Pre-match entertainment. What's the point?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    We’re gonna need to score at least threee as sure as fuck we’ll concede a minimum of two.

Personally I think we’ll need four to win it and three for extra time.

Well strap yourself in gentleman because there no way it’s going to be 0-0.

Potentially a match to rival Real v Eintracht Frankfurt in 1960. Just hopefully with Real on the other end of the of it this time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,395

Hopefully Rony will bang a few in lol

Come On Real!!!

YouTube are streaming in 4K bonus

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This could be an epic game. Being an Englishman, I'd prefer Liverpool to win it. But I have a feeling that it might not be their night.

Hopefully Rony will bang a few in lol

Come On Real!!!

YouTube are streaming in 4K bonus

They are? That's nice!

I predict goals from Salah, Firmino, Benzema, and Marcelo - with one of them scoring two. Based on the matches I've seen, Ronaldo haven't been that good.
    We’re gonna need to score at least threee as sure as fuck we’ll concede a minimum of two.

Potentially a match to rival Real v Eintracht Frankfurt in 1960. Just hopefully with Real on the other end of the of it this time.

Liverpool are destined.....FAITH Wiz FAITH !!!!

Liverpool are destined.....FAITH Wiz FAITH !!!!

giphy.gif
    @TheWizardOfIce right now!
    This is going to be end to end for most of the game I suspect
  • RC7RC7
    While the real men are watching Britain’s Got Talent. Enjoy your soccer ball, dudes.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    RC7 wrote: »
    While the real men are watching Britain’s Got Talent. Enjoy your soccer ball, dudes.

Oh dear.....abut 8% respect lost for a highly regarded member there. ;)
  • RC7RC7

Oh dear.....abut 8% respect lost for a highly regarded member there.

If you really believe im watching Britain’s Got Talent you’re losing way more than 8% mate!

Oh dear.....abut 8% respect lost for a highly regarded member there.

If you really believe im watching Britain’s Got Talent you’re losing way more than 8% mate!

Hahahaha well played ..touche !!

giphy.gif
    TAA lively so far. Good effort - and just as good save from Navas.
    A couple of good moments from Liverpool, they are looking the better side so far.
    Uh oh…
    How id that not a booking?
    Oooh what ?
    They can't afford to lose Salah, ouch!
    Salah off. I think this is done already now…
    Oh dear rivalry aside, that is harsh
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Salah off after 30 mins...Liverpool are going to have to work harder now.
    My dad phoned me,said Ramos fell with Salah and twisted his shoulder deliberately..Lallana is on now ?

He might last 45 mins but not beyond that,he isnt fit enough...come on Reds even if i cant see you |!!!
    Oh, that was very deliberately. Ramos is such a c*nt.