"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,861
    I think this game may be won from the bench

Wreckless by Luiz definite red
    Proud of the boys today,brilliant discipline and could have won it several times...a great 0-0 and a great point.

Very happy.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Proud of the boys today,brilliant discipline and could have won it several times...a great 0-0 and a great point.

Very happy.

Enjoy your rosted chicken ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    What a goal by Valencia
    jobo wrote: »

Very happy.

Its cooking away nicely and i just put the roast potatoes in ....free range chicken only of course !

Very happy.

Its cooking away nicely and i just put the roast potatoes in ....free range chicken only of course !

What else?

Very happy.

What the hell, they defended! Is this the Jens Lehmann-effect? :D

Very happy.

What else?

Fresh jubilee carrots,brocolli,chicken stock gravy and sage and onion stuffing....chicken now roasted and resting ..

Very happy.

I know...see what they CAN do ,when they try and believe ?

Very happy.

I know...see what they CAN do ,when they try and believe ?

If only they can keep going like this! Enjoy your roasted chicken, @barryt007 – can't think of a better way to celebrate!

Watching Rosenborg - Vålerenga later this evening. Hope RBK can get a win!
    What happens when United play poor... They win 4 - 0

You can only beat what is in front of you. I hear Everton were awful. Watched Everton's Europa match and the were totally outplayed.
    vzok wrote: »

You can only beat what is in front of you. I hear Everton were awful. Watched Everton's Europa match and the were totally outplayed.

Yes, and against Atalanta... Not exactly a world beater...
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,861
    A win is a win is a WIN...
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 12,506
    Well done..good to see the Canaries 'singing' again...belong in the Premiership and one of my favourite teams. @RogueAgent

Liverpool drew again so be prepared for a Wiz rant at some point ,as the defence cocked up again apparantly. @TheWizardOfIce

But i'm saying nothing as my beloved Arsenal are away at Chelski tomorrow...thank God my other half is making a roast chicken Sunday dinner,i think i might need it.

Cheers Barry007, but is that because you have a really good record against us in the top flight? Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Get in!!!! Hard fought win away from home for my Norwich boys!!! Sheffield Utd were in a good run of form too. Well chuffed with that result! OTBC!!!!

Good one! Sheffield Utd look to be on a roll at the moment, so that must be some good three points. Did Tettey play?

And can you believe it, @barryt007; Swansea defended themselves to a point against Sp*rs! No matter the result tomorrow, that one put a big smile on my face. Thank you, Paul Clement!

Yeah Tettey played his part. Utd I believe had won their last 3 out of 4 games, so it really was a good result away from home.

Good result at Chelsea Barry007! Not surprised your pleased with that one!
    Yeah Tettey played his part. Utd I believe had won their last 3 out of 4 games, so it really was a good result away from home.
    Nice! Hope he returns to Rosenborg at some point, but if things are going fine in Norwich, it's probably unlikely.

Speaking of, Rosenborg got a good result last night, winning 3-0 against Vålerenga. Bendtner had one of his better games at Lerkendal, scoring two goals.
    Nice! Hope he returns to Rosenborg at some point, but if things are going fine in Norwich, it's probably unlikely.

Speaking of, Rosenborg got a good result last night, winning 3-0 against Vålerenga. Bendtner had one of his better games at Lerkendal, scoring two goals.

Yeah he has played a lot especially in the last 3 games and it has shown in our performances. But obviously he has to be used sensibly as he is one of our older players now.

Yeah that is a good result for you. I bet you were well pleased?

Yeah he has played a lot especially in the last 3 games and it has shown in our performances. But obviously he has to be used sensibly as he is one of our older players now.

Absolutely! Good result in an – at times, even match. Not to many games left in Eliteserien, so I hope they get the results needed to become champions yet again.

Brentford away in the Carabao Cup (what a name!) for Norwich tomorrow, I see. Think it will be a win?

Absolutely! Good result in an – at times, even match. Not to many games left in Eliteserien, so I hope they get the results needed to become champions yet again.

Brentford away in the Carabao Cup (what a name!) for Norwich tomorrow, I see. Think it will be a win?

To be honest I am not a fan of the tournament as their is no incentive to win it? Even the top Premier League teams are not that bothered with it, unless they actually reach the final? If they took away a Champions League position from the League and placed it into the competition? It would be taken far more seriously than it is at present.

I just see the Carabao Cup as a risk of injuries to key players. As it stands right now we are without our first choice striker in Nelson Olivera until some point next week? When you are trying to get out of a very difficult League to then face the Premier League, you need all your key players 100%. So with that being said? I would not be too upset if we lost tonight, however I would sooner go out to a top Premier League side as at least compare how your team is performing to that from a team in the division above.
    Totally see those points, @RogueAgent. From what I could see, most teams had quite a few changes from their "usual" starting elevens. Will be interesting to see how Arsenal start tomorrow. Six youngsters training with the first team today.

By the way, looks like Norwich got a good result tonight!
    Totally see those points, @RogueAgent. From what I could see, most teams had quite a few changes from their "usual" starting elevens. Will be interesting to see how Arsenal start tomorrow. Six youngsters training with the first team today.

It's always good to win, shame this was not in the League though. Will be nice to have a home tie next round and see who we get? One of the guys at work said to me who is an Arsenal fan that Wenger will most likely put the 17 year olds out tonight. But to be fair all the top clubs do it.

It's always good to win, shame this was not in the League though. Will be nice to have a home tie next round and see who we get? One of the guys at work said to me who is an Arsenal fan that Wenger will most likely put the 17 year olds out tonight. But to be fair all the top clubs do it.

I think Wilshere will be playing ,maybe Coquelin ,Holding....not sure if Walcott is fit enough for a run-out.

I think Wilshere will be playing ,maybe Coquelin ,Holding....not sure if Walcott is fit enough for a run-out.

From what I've read, Wilshere will be playing. As will probably Chambers, Sánchez, Walcott, Reiss Nelson and Giroud. Could make for an interesting eleven, this. Who'll start is a different question, though.

No channels showing the match tonight. Will probably have to find a stream or something – or just watch ManU - Burton, which (of course) is on TV.
    Man Utd v Burton Albion Just kicked off I was just about to say Burton are up for it then Rashford scored.
    Well at least the next round draw should take place on time assuming Albion do not equalise?
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 17,411
    That United team showed much more than Arsenal tonight. Struggled with a slow stream to watch Arsenal play 1-0 against Doncaster, while watching the United-match on tv. Positive to see Wilshere back, though.
    I love this...well played Jacky Boy !! :

Jack Wilshere trolled on Instagram by ex-teammate Wojciech Szczesny, but Arsenal man has perfect comeback.

Jack Wilshere played 90 minutes for Arsenal for the first time in three years on Wednesday, but it seems as though one of his former teammates wasn't impressed.

After battling injury problems and being sent on loan to Bournemouth, Wilshere is seeking to get his Gunners career back on track this season, and played the full game as Arsenal beat Doncaster Rovers 1-0 in the Carabao Cup.

No doubt buoyed by his experience, he decided to post a #ThrowbackThursday image on Instagram, celebrating the days when he was regarded as both Arsenal and England's bright young hope.

But he didn't reckon with former teammate Wojciech Szczesny.

The Polish goalkeeper - who these days plays for Juventus, but was at Arsenal from the age of 16 - reacted to the pic by asking Wilshere "was that when you were still good at football?"
    But to be fair to the midfielder, he had a pretty strong comeback.

Recalling Arsenal's shock defeat to Birmingham in the 2011 League Cup final - in which both men played and a late Szczesny error allowed Obafemi Martins to score a shock late winner for Blues - Wilshere replied: "No it was when you threw the Carling Cup away from us."

Ouch !!

Jack Wilshere trolled on Instagram by ex-teammate Wojciech Szczesny, but Arsenal man has perfect comeback.

Jack Wilshere played 90 minutes for Arsenal for the first time in three years on Wednesday, but it seems as though one of his former teammates wasn't impressed.

After battling injury problems and being sent on loan to Bournemouth, Wilshere is seeking to get his Gunners career back on track this season, and played the full game as Arsenal beat Doncaster Rovers 1-0 in the Carabao Cup.

No doubt buoyed by his experience, he decided to post a #ThrowbackThursday image on Instagram, celebrating the days when he was regarded as both Arsenal and England's bright young hope.

The Polish goalkeeper - who these days plays for Juventus, but was at Arsenal from the age of 16 - reacted to the pic by asking Wilshere "was that when you were still good at football?"

Recalling Arsenal's shock defeat to Birmingham in the 2011 League Cup final - in which both men played and a late Szczesny error allowed Obafemi Martins to score a shock late winner for Blues - Wilshere replied: "No it was when you threw the Carling Cup away from us."

Ouch !!

No love lost there

Ouch !!

No love lost there

Szczesny was a crap goalie anyway,we got good money for him.
    Szczesny was a crap goalie anyway,we got good money for him.
    Only he's now a good goalie which Arsenal could have use for. Not that Petr Čech and David Ospina are bad goalies, though. Not the place on the field where Arsenal have most troubles, either.

Good to see Wilshere play 90 min again earlier this week. Hope he stays fit, and is available for matches through the season.