A potential James Bond TV series

Comments

No tv series please, but I´m betting they´re already intensely looking at Sherlock for inspiration. The confrontations between Sherlock and Moriarty scream for being copied in one of the next Bond films. The same goes for TDK, which has similar confrontations.
    Good idea, but i reckon it will work well with Charlie Higgson's James Bond, when he was a kid..
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can you imagine the likes of 007RM being allowed the vote?
    This would be the end of the series.

Even DC007 would make better choices than 007RM, and that's saying something.

Thats about as damning as it gets. If I was 007RM I'd have at least browsed the Dignitas website.

Do you think that my opinions indicate that I´m mentaly ill or something? So bad that I should get assistance committing suicide? No way, if I was in charge of this TV-series, it would have been a great bombastic showcase, with scripts at least in part written by me. These could be a maniac building a droid army(1), which he will use to kill every living creature on earth, except himself. Or another maniac who wants to destroy earth because there are too many fat people in the world, and that obesity is evil(2). Bond will have to stop these, using many gadgets(3). B&M(4), just give me a call and I can take charge of this TV-series or the real Bond films(5).

(1)Bond is not sci-fi! Doing this would alienate every Bond fan except yourself, and even non-Bond fans, except people who believe Dr. Who is the pinnacle of all television.

(2)Family Guy already did 2 "fat guy killer" episodes, and those worked better than Bond doing them ever would because Bond is not pure comedy!

(3)If gadgets are used to the point of stupidity, then it doesn't matter who's using them, does it? Any ole Brit can carry around a pack of gadgets, and you'll be satisfied, right? Gadgets=Spy. Nothing else does.

(4)We don't need bondage and masochism in Bond, thank you very much.

(5)I would truthfully abandon the franchise 100% if you were ever put in charge of the Bond films and did what it is you want to do to this series. I'd break my DVDs, sell my games, burn my books - all of it.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082

What does this mean?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

What does this mean?

It means pain sex. You used the initials B&M in your post, and I was making a joke.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    James_A_F wrote:
    I had always wanted a series for James Bond, but with a purpose in mind. The idea being that whenever it became time to pass on the Tuxedo there could be a trial run with a list of actors that made the cut. After auditioning for the producers, the actors could audition for us... A television series where a different actor plays Bond every episode. As far as the voting system, something comparable to American Idol... For it to work the producers would have to choose realistic candidates so it's not all one sided i.e. the girls would vote for Orlando Bloom. This might also take the pressure off the producers by knowing they made the right choice because it would be more likely that only fans truly interested would vote.

Thats a great idea in principal but is floored by one tiny problem:
    The general public are f**king retards.

Absolutely. And that is why democracy is a complete failure.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    James_A_F wrote:
    I had always wanted a series for James Bond, but with a purpose in mind. The idea being that whenever it became time to pass on the Tuxedo there could be a trial run with a list of actors that made the cut. After auditioning for the producers, the actors could audition for us... A television series where a different actor plays Bond every episode. As far as the voting system, something comparable to American Idol... For it to work the producers would have to choose realistic candidates so it's not all one sided i.e. the girls would vote for Orlando Bloom. This might also take the pressure off the producers by knowing they made the right choice because it would be more likely that only fans truly interested would vote.

Thats a great idea in principal but is floored by one tiny problem:
    The general public are f**king retards.

Absolutely. And that is why democracy is a complete failure.

Well said sir.
    Perhaps I should become a dictator in either UK or US?

No offence old chap but I'm actually categorising you in the same bracket as the general public.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

No offence old chap but I'm actually categorising you in the same bracket as the general public.

Not me not me ! I love FRWL, OHMSS, TLD !! I very much like CR as a film (just not as a Bond film) !!!

No offence taken, we are just having some IMO friendly banter, even though you may think my opinions are complete crap. Just as I think of yours. :D /JK

And I'll be the resistance member that puts the nails in your coffin.

Perhaps you would start a revolution after one day and execute me in public?

I'd let you go a little longer than a day. 28 hours, I think.

007RogerMoore theres nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see you strung with piano wire by angry mob :D

007RogerMoore theres nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see you strung with piano wire by angry mob :D

In my dying breath I would scream (if possible) "TMWTGG is heavenly".

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because I may want to throw him to the ground, stab him in both kneecaps, sever his arms off at the elbows and then finally give him the coup de grace with two bullets to the eyes doesn't mean I'm gonna tell him this on a public forum!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because I may want to throw him to the ground, stab him in both kneecaps, sever his arms off at the elbows and then finally give him the coup de grace with two bullets to the eyes doesn't mean I'm gonna tell him this on a public forum!

When it´s about me it´s ok. I just laugh about it. Just watch yourselves from the mods.
    Well, hopefully they realize this is just funny talk. Plus, I doubt we even live anywhere near one another. I'm betting you live, where, South Africa?

No I would have cut your tongue out first just to avoid the possibility of any TMWTGG based last words.
    Well, hopefully they realize this is just funny talk. Plus, I doubt we even live anywhere near one another. I'm betting you live, where, South Africa?

No, South Sweden. I haven´t been to England for 13 years, so I don´t think I´m gonna be close to any one of you Cockney snobs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    what's going on ? every topic is getting derailed today !! :-?
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Well, maybe we're just all getting tired of some of the topics. Plus, we've got 007RogerMoore to tort-I mean... um... talk to.
    No, South Sweden. I haven´t been to England for 13 years, so I don´t think I´m gonna be close to any one of you Cockney snobs.

Sweden? Damn, I was off. Anyway, I'm from the US, so I'm like 4000-5000 miles away from anywhere I can actually hurt you. And I'm not a Cockney snob. I'm a 1/16 Japanese 1/16 American snob (somewhere down the line with Native American, Scottish and Indian, I've been told).
    Well, maybe we're just all getting tired of some of the topics. Plus, we've got 007RogerMoore to tort-I mean... um... talk to.

Sweden? Damn, I was off. Anyway, I'm from the US, so I'm like 4000-5000 miles away from anywhere I can actually hurt you. And I'm not a Cockney snob. I'm a 1/16 Japanese 1/16 American snob (somewhere down the line with Native American, Scottish and Indian, I've been told).

Ok, Hillbilly. I thank your forefathers for saving our asses from Hitler´s regime.
    No offense to Germans here, I know you had nothing to do with what happened, as you weren´t even born.

I think I´m out of your reach, BTW. Now I can diss you however I want. ;)

No I would have cut your tongue out first just to avoid the possibility of any TMWTGG based last words.

Then I will have TMWTGG tattoes all over my body, even on my eyes and tounge. Nothing you can do will stop me from preaching what I believe in!
    One good thing I can see about a TV series based off Bond is this: If you have a bad episode it's no big deal really. You know you'll have a brand new one next week (or next month- they should put time and effort into something like this)
    Whereas if there's a bad MOVIE, you have to wait two YEARS-- IF you're lucky-- before another one comes out.

Also, that idea about an American Idol style casting show has potential-- a better example might be that show from a couple years ago, I think it was called 'Scream Queen'-- where the winner got to be in Saw V. Nothing really came of that and the winner was nothing special I admit, but the theory is sound. I could easily picture a show like that to cast the next Bond (hosted by Roger Moore ;) )
    I think I´m out of your reach, BTW. Now I can diss you however I want. ;)

I'd love for you to show me where I said I didn't have friends in Sweden. B-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This thread was a completely different being a few weeks back. Now it reads like a radical's tale of standing up against the all knowing all seeing government entity, where the radical fights for his beliefs only to be captured and purged from society. Damn.
    Hey I tried to get it back on topic this morning but I'm only one man :-??
    TonyEbik wrote:
    Good idea, but i reckon it will work well with Charlie Higgson's James Bond, when he was a kid..

Actually thats not a bad idea....