Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

I think I said it before, but here it is: in FRWL the main villain is Grant. And Robert Shaw is maybe the greatest actor and artist who ever played in a Bond movie.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    a big fat NO
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Surely. Talisa Soto was the best actor in a Bond ? :D
    Ya her delivery of. "I love James so much" was brilliant.
    Actually, the blond girlfriend of Jaws, Dolly is the best performance ever in any Bond movie <:-P
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    You're all delusional. Best performance is quite clearly Mr Kil.
    The guy "brushing" the ground behind Bond on the docks in QOS, needs a special mention.
    That's method acting at it's very best ! :)
    You guys are all wrong. Surely the double-taking pigeon from the Moore Era is the best performance of the whole franchise. ;)
    Oh, I don't know @dalton the little double taking dog, put a lot into it. He
    Really sold it to me. :)
    a big fat NO

Why? Anything against Robert Shaw? Or Grant?
  • How about this for a controversial opinion? TND's finale ISN'T the awful travesty it's made out to be. And the way Arnold scores that underwater kiss is beautiful and gives me chills. Wow.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How about this for a controversial opinion? TND's finale ISN'T the awful travesty it's made out to be. And the way Arnold scores that underwater kiss is beautiful and gives me chills. Wow.

Agreed. It's one of the best Finale's in a Bond movie.
    How about this the Brosnan era is good and entertaining.Especially if you were a kid when he was bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TND has moved its way up in my rankings. The PTS is one of the series' best.
    Agreed on all counts. :D
    that is a great PTS I love the "he's doing his job" line.
  • And here's another one: gadgets. That word alone is enough to cause an incredible amount of vitriol on a Bond forum. Everyone hates them.
    I don't hate them. I think they are great.
  • If only there were more like you... I think gadgets are great too. In the right amount and if they are conceived in the right way.
    If only there were more like you... I think gadgets are great too. In the right amount and if they are conceived in the right way.
    Thank you. I never got the hate for gadgetry as of late. It's part of the Bond character. Sure they can be a little outlandish sometimes but that's part of the fun. Sometimes I think people take Bond movies way too seriously these days. I'm always in for the ride, not for the critical analysis. :)
  • Murdock wrote: »
    If only there were more like you... I think gadgets are great too. In the right amount and if they are conceived in the right way.
    Thank you. I never got the hate for gadgetry as of late. It's part of the Bond character. Sure they can be a little outlandish sometimes but that's part of the fun. Sometimes I think people take Bond movies way too seriously these days. I'm always in for the ride, not for the critical analysis. :)

Yeah, Bond films lose something when they don't have creative gadgets... I mean, what, SF had a radio and a gun? LALD did way better with that magnetic razor watch...
    Murdock wrote: »

Yeah, Bond films lose something when they don't have creative gadgets... I mean, what, SF had a radio and a gun? LALD did way better with that magnetic razor watch...

I didn't so much mind that either. I can't really think of any gadgets that would have assisted Bond besides that.
  • Murdock wrote: »

I didn't so much mind that either. I can't really think of any gadgets that would have assisted Bond besides that.

Mmmm you're right but if there are gadgets there should be some creativity put into them, though I get that with the radio and gun they were trying to subvert that by having very ordinary gadgets.
    gadgets are as bondian as Q or a walter ppk.

Mmmm you're right but if there are gadgets there should be some creativity put into them, though I get that with the radio and gun they were trying to subvert that by having very ordinary gadgets.

I think they were fine low key gadgets. Not every Bond movie had something game changing.
    it was also a signature gun lets not forget that.
  • Mmmmmm stolen from LTK though, that was the original, though I understand it is a 'homage'.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 613
    ya it is an homage like everything else in that movie but I think that one was a good subtle homage.LTK is my fav bond movie so I was happy to see an homage to it.
  • SF did have homages in the right quantity and general idea, SP went waaay overboard, almost everything in that film is from another Bond film.
    SF's homages were boring.
    SP's homages were exciting and spectacular.