Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

My bday is December 1st forgot your post it
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Happy Birthday Thunderfinger and
    Congratulations @Dragonpol On your anniversary, I'd send flowers but I know
    you never ........ ;-)

Thanks, @Thunderpussy. Now I know why you don't send me flowers any more! ;)
    Thanks, everyone!

Hope your day was even lovelier than mine, @Dragonpol . Not too many casualties?

Glad to hear that you had a good day, @Thunderfinger. I've had to reign in the casualties as it's nearly Christmas.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Congrats, @Dragonpol! You were one of the first members on here I got to know, and you helped me settle in. And a belated happy birthday to @Thunderfinger!

Thank you very much for your kind words, @Agent_99. I could tell very early on that you were going to be a jolly good egg so it was my pleasure to welcome you here. :)
    congrats to both of you, @Draggers and @Thunders!
    Here's the entertainment:

Thank you, @CommanderRoss. Some fine entertainment there! ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Happy belated birthday @Risico007!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Why was his birthday belated?

Why was his birthday belated?

It must've been those ten days we lost when the Gregorian calendar was introduced. It's finally caught up with us. Darn.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Hope you had a good day @Risico007
    Happy belated Birthday, @Risico007! :)
    edited December 2019 Posts: 17,805
    Congrats, @Dragonpol! You were one of the first members on here I got to know, and you helped me settle in. And a belated happy birthday to @Thunderfinger!

I also meant to say happy MI6 anniversary to you, @Agent_99, as I saw yesterday (14 December) it was three years since you had joined us here.

I'm so glad you did join us and the Spybrary John Gardner podcast we both did with Edward Biddulph was a personal highlight of the year for me. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Was out of town for a few days so a Happy Anniversary to you, @Dragonpol, and Happy belated Birthday to both @Thunderfinger and @Risico007! Hope they were all fine days of celebration.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Was out of town for a few days so a Happy Anniversary to you, @Dragonpol, and Happy belated Birthday to both @Thunderfinger and @Risico007! Hope they were all fine days of celebration.

Thank you, @Creasy47. It's good to have you back with us. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Thank you, @Creasy47. It's good to have you back with us. :)

You're welcome. Thanks, it's good to be back.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I also meant to say happy MI6 anniversary to you, @Agent_99, as I saw yesterday (14 December) it was three years since you had joined us here.

Well, those years have shot by! And I loved doing the podcast, especially getting to talk to you face to face (or very nearly). Thank you!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Well, those years have shot by! And I loved doing the podcast, especially getting to talk to you face to face (or very nearly). Thank you!

Wow, only three years? It feels to me you've been here far longer. And that's supposed to be a compliment! ;-) Happy anniversery!
    Thank you, @CommanderRoss!

Yes, haven't the years flown! Of course, I loved the podcast too. It was a pleasure to talk to two very nice people about John Gardner's Bond Continuation novels. It was a great experience and you were such a good podcast host, especially as it was your first shot at it! It was very impressive!
    Happy Birthday, @00Agent ! Hope you are having a good time.
    8636190_orig.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Thanks Thundy, much appreciated :)
    And I had a lovely day.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just realised I have been on this site now for 8 years this January, does not seem that long at all. I lurked for a while before I signed up.
    Just realised I have been on this site now for 8 years this January, does not seem that long at all. I lurked for a while before I signed up.

Happy anniversary! I can't remember how long I lurked before signing up. Last month marked 6 years of me being a member here. It really does go by fast!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »

Happy anniversary! I can't remember how long I lurked before signing up. Last month marked 6 years of me being a member here. It really does go by fast!

Cheers mate, thinking back I did take a long break from the site. I think I lurked on the old site also. I went on AJB before then which was quite a long time ago now, turn of the century lol

Happy Belated 6 year anniversary.

Cheers mate, thinking back I did take a long break from the site. I think I lurked on the old site also. I went on AJB before then which was quite a long time ago now, turn of the century lol

Thank you! I’ve lurked on AJB but never had an account.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,347

Thank you! I’ve lurked on AJB but never had an account.

It's a good site though when I went on initially there were never many people online. I was at University at the time so I would have a look on the site between writing essays, admittedly it was early Internet days.
    Well it's good to have the both of you around, congrats on the anniversaries!
    Well it's good to have the both of you around, congrats on the anniversaries!

You can say that again. :)
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    My birthday is today! 42 years young!
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Have a great day @BondStu 👍

47-D7-BB83-1-A89-4272-A329-9-D6965-E59-C01.png
    BondStu wrote: »
    My birthday is today! 42 years young!

rpzZWxj.png
    Happy Birthday!
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Thanks @Max_The_Parrot and thanks (I think) @Thunderfinger :D
    Happy birthday, @BondStu! You're 6 months younger than I am so I probably have to kill you now.
    Happy birthday @BondStu! Now you know the answer!