DREDD (2012) The thread of less Sly and more helmet!

13»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    QBranch wrote:
    Same here. I'm a big fan of the style of 'the future' in films from the 80s to mid 90s.

Me too. It has wonder and great imagination put into it. Even Dinohatten in the Super Mario Bros movie had this dystopian Blade Runneresque feel to it. Gotta love 80's/90's Futurism. I also love Retro Futurism as created by Ken Adam for the Bond films.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,812
    It looks like we're getting closer to a Dredd sequel!!! So much so that Karl Urban himself made a video to tell the fans "Thank you" and to more or less keep signing the petitions.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/04/karl-urban-i-will-make-dredd-2-happen-1315309?lt_source=external,manual

You can sign the petition at http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

I beg everyone to sign it!!!
    It looks like we're getting closer to a Dredd sequel!!! So much so that Karl Urban himself made a video to tell the fans "Thank you" and to more or less keep signing the petitions.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/04/karl-urban-i-will-make-dredd-2-happen-1315309?lt_source=external,manual

You can sign the petition at http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

I beg everyone to sign it!!!

Cool! I would like to see a sequel! As long as they are a little more expansive with it, and not just confine it to a single tower block?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The producers do not care about these petitions. What they care about is the success the film has had in the home video market. I would be overthrilled to get a sequel. Loved the Urban film as much as I despised the one with Stallone.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great tribute song to the judge top gun of Mega City One.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I love how dedicated Karl Urban is. While other actors seem to not really care and are in it for the money (Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, etc) you can tell he really cares about the character.
    I love how dedicated Karl Urban is. While other actors seem to not really care and are in it for the money (Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, etc) you can tell he really cares about the character.

I give Thomas Jane the same kudos for how he treated The Punisher.

I really respect him. Like you said he's dedicated to his characters as well as his fans. Would love to see him in more bigger movies as the lead, just hope it wouldn't go to his head.

I give Thomas Jane the same kudos for how he treated The Punisher.

I give him kudos as well. I would love to see him return to the role, possibly in a TV show on HBO? Have you seen his short Punisher film on YouTube?

WARNING: There is language and violence in the video below.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I preferred Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle, he looked just like the comic character right down to the thugish face and slicked back hair.
    Murdock wrote:
    I preferred Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle, he looked just like the comic character right down to the thugish face and slicked back hair.

It's funny, Stevenson did look just like Castle from the comics and Lundgren acted more like Castle from the comics (unstable/insane with PDS) but I like Jane in the role the most, plus I like the sound of his voice for Castle (I know that sounds weird).

@QsAssistant. Yes I have seen that video before and it's why I tip my cap to him.