Everyday Drinking

Comments

I'm not really into JD either.
    I always find,if I fancy Bourbon,that a good bottle of Jim Beam is more palatable.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,279
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I always find,if I fancy Bourbon,that a good bottle of Jim Beam is more palatable.

Agree. I'm very unfamiliar to the world of Bourbon and Tennessee whiskey, and have never been that much into it, really. Prefer Scotch and Irish whiskey.

Tried the JD Tennessee Honey some years ago, but that was just not good at all.

Agree. I'm very unfamiliar to the world of Bourbon and Tennessee whiskey, and have never been that much into it, really. Prefer Scotch and Irish whiskey.

I had a bottle of this a few weeks ago,it was lovely,and didn't last long..hic !

jim-beam-01.jpg

I had a bottle of this a few weeks ago,it was lovely,and didn't last long..hic !

jim-beam-01.jpg

Never seen that one myself, other than images online. Will try to find one next time I'm out buying liquor! Nice name, «Devil's Cut».

jim-beam-01.jpg

Never seen that one myself, other than images online. Will try to find one next time I'm out buying liquor! Nice name, «Devil's Cut».

Its warming ,and to me,smoother and not as 'charcoal' like in the taste compared to JD.

jim-beam-01.jpg

Its warming ,and to me,smoother and not as 'charcoal' like in the taste compared to JD.

Nice! That's the difficulties I have with JD, really. A bit "harsh" in the taste for me.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    How did pairing Interstellar with Jack Daniels go? I love that movie ridiculously and wouldn't mind trying it with booze some fine day.

As expected, I was blubbering.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Alcohol is the Devil s urine.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Taking the p***, eh.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

The Beam white label is their basic bourbon, and I admit I prefer JD to it.

If you fancy bourbon, splash out a bit more on something like Eagle Rare (available in Asda) or Woodford Reserve. Easily available but tons better than Beam regular.

Beam double oak is ok as well
    NicNac wrote: »

The Beam white label is their basic bourbon, and I admit I prefer JD to it.

If you fancy bourbon, splash out a bit more on something like Eagle Rare (available in Asda) or Woodford Reserve. Easily available but tons better than Beam regular.

Beam double oak is ok as well

Had a quick check, and it looks like only the Woodford Reserve is available here in Norway.
    There are some great bourbons around £50 like Blanton's (the choice of John Wick ;) ).
    Woodfords is on offer here at £25 at the moment. My trouble is I keep buying bourbon when it's on offer, and filling the old drinks cabinet.
    There are some great bourbons around £50 like Blanton's (the choice of John Wick ;) ).
    Woodfords is on offer here at £25 at the moment. My trouble is I keep buying bourbon when it's on offer, and filling the old drinks cabinet.

Send some to me,they don't last 5 mins....hic !
    I have far too much respect for you and your health to ever consider such a move. ;)
    I have far too much respect for you and your health to ever consider such a move. ;)

Bugger.....
    giphy.gif
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I just want to report I poured myself a glass of Talisker a few seconds ago. Just for the record.
    Seems like a good idea, @j_w_pepper.

talisker-whiskey-die-another-day.jpg
    dg-old-jamaica-ginger-beer-330ml.jpg

Lovely.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    It is the best ginger beer, and now I really fancy a Moscow Mule (but not quite enough to go out and buy a lime).
    Mack_Ginger_Beer_033btl.png

My favourite ginger beer these days. Not that I notice that many differences from other brands. (Large sized image, so went with a spoiler tag)
    giphy.gif
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    One of my favourite T-shirts:

ab53f427-092d-40e3-92bd-ffc1ff49a244.png
    15599890579_6aa47bc835_z.jpg
    lf?set=path%5B1%2F3%2F9%2F9%2F3%2F13993930%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    And when you think of the fuss that was made about the Heineken in Skyfall. It’s as if the new generation forgot that things happened pre-internet.

And never mind the fact that Bond drank beer in the books!
    Dang straight, @mybudgetbond.

6936a7cde57a0ae46d80a40eab0dff5c--shaken-not-stirred-james-bond.jpgmarctalla005-21560340.jpg