Our favourite lines from the Bond films - LICENCE TO KILL

1789101113»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Damn man, if LTK had only had a Barry score...

My ONLY gripe with it!

The ONLY thing keeping it being my #1 Bond flick!
    Bless my heart!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Truman lodge is something: "BRILLIANT! Well done, Franz! Another eighty-million dollar *write-off*!"
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

My ONLY gripe with it!

My ONLY gripe with it!

Bless my heart!

I have to say I love Kamen's score. It's not Barry, but it's a great score all the same.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 17,691

My ONLY gripe with it!

My ONLY gripe with it!

Bless my heart!

I have to say I love Kamen's score. It's not Barry, but it's a great score all the same.

IMO it's Kamen's worst score ever, but even bad Kamen is still great. Still, no Barry. TLD & LTK are SO close for me, the deciding factor is Barry.

My ONLY gripe with it!

My ONLY gripe with it!

Bless my heart!

IMO it's Kamen's worst score ever, but even bad Kamen is still great. Still, no Barry. TLD & LTK are SO close for me, the deciding factor is Barry.

Ah, I suppose there lies the difference for us. TLD and LTK are not very close for me (TLD is leagues ahead), and I find Kamen's rendition of the Bond theme to be brassy, raw brilliance.

Agree though, bad Kamen is still good Kamen.

My ONLY gripe with it!

My ONLY gripe with it!

Bless my heart!

Ah, I suppose there lies the difference for us. TLD and LTK are not very close for me (TLD is leagues ahead), and I find Kamen's rendition of the Bond theme to be brassy, raw brilliance.

TLD is leagues ahead because of the stuff the orders line, right? I loved that too....

My ONLY gripe with it!

My ONLY gripe with it!

Bless my heart!

TLD is leagues ahead because of the stuff the orders line, right? I loved that too....

That, and.....other things. Apart from the Bond girls!
  • This is not a country club!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    You're borracho. Go to bed.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Well, the crew did believe the production of LTK was cursed.

The road that the tanker chase took place on is haunted :

During the film’s finale, Bond and Sanchez battle it out in tanker trucks over a stretch of highway known as the Rumarosa Pass in Mexicali. While filming a scene where a tanker exploded, a special effects crew member was taking photos from behind the scenes.

When he looked at his photos later, he saw what could only be described as a flaming hand reaching down from inside the explosion. Even more eerie, director John Glen went through every single inch of footage filmed that day, frame by frame, and couldn’t find the hand anywhere else.
    Now, it can be said that this was just a trick of light from the angle the photograph was taken. However, the exact spot where it happened has a long and checkered history; years earlier a minibus full of nuns fell over the cliff and burst into flames. Since then the road had been closed due to its “dangerous curves.”

In addition to the flaming hand, the crew of Licence to Kill had all sorts of other mishaps over the course of filming. While filming a scene where Sanchez shoots off a Stinger missile, the prop stinger went haywire and hit a utility worker on a telephone pole more than two miles away. Other examples include the truck that mysteriously burst into flames in the middle of the night for no reason, the truck that started its engine and drove a few feet with no one behind the wheel and the apparitions that the security guards reported seeing that disappeared when challenged.

Were these all just random and freak occurrences or was there actually a higher power at work during the filming of Licence to Kill? Director John Glen thinks there might be, as evidenced by a quote from his book, For My Eyes Only. “There was definitely a strange atmosphere on that stretch of road. The special effects boys where convinced there was something spooky about the place. If there was any doubt left in my mind, it was dispelled by a bizarre photograph…” While we will never know for certain, it sure is fun to speculate.

hand-tn.jpg

As you can see from this selection of screen grabs of the actual flaming hand scene, you can't find it anywhere:

tn8.jpg

tn2.jpg

(From my old Paranormal website.)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    "My secretary, Miss Kennedy..."
    500 kilos! I ......I knew they'd go for it!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    "SWITCH THE BLOODY MACHINE OFF!"
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Its nothing personal its purely professional