THE 2012 OSCARS! Winners Posted:

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo won the Best Achievement in Editing.

xxx
    Rango won Best Animated Film. John Logan was involved with that I believe. Good for him!
    Rango written by JOHN LOGAN won Best Animated Feature.
  • let hope JOhn Logan wins the best adapted screenplay
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4,619
    let hope JOhn Logan wins the best adapted screenplay

He has no chance...

EDIT: I'm not so sure anymore. Hugo keeps winning...
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    NOW Hugo* is up to 5. Bit surprised, to be honest. But notice they're winning in categories The Artist isn't in.
  • christopher Plummer! oldest actor to win a oscar?
    christopher Plummer! oldest actor to win a oscar?

Yep! At 82!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 660
    anyone catch the host kind of gave it away that he could win.......
    slide_211257_727086_large.jpg?1330307372

A Tom Ford creation. Beautiful, imho!
    MOMENT OF TRUTH, FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Nope, unfortunately John Logan missed out on his Oscar.. this year. *narrows eyes*
  • don't worry he (JOhn Logan) will win next year with Skyfall.......
    Only 6 awards left!
  • the final acting award coming up...... !
    And here comes The Artist.... Michel Havdvhaiosignn still cant do acceptance speeches. Surprised he hasn't gotten used to it by now.. -_-
  • did they remember honour John Barry?
    did they remember honour John Barry?

Unfortunately, no.

They did honor Tim Hetherington, my inspiration for my photo-journalism career. That brought a tear to my eye. He died in the artillery bombardment during his reporting in Libya. He worked in terrible condition in Africa to show the world how backwards the continent was, as well as spend almost a year in Afghanistan following the American's push into the Afghan valleys.

Lost a lot of great talent this year. But its good to see their life remembered.
  • Gary Oldman rob again?
    Gary Oldman rob again?

Yet again. When will his time come? Hopefully not postmortem. Maybe TDKR?
    Gary Oldman rob again?

He wasn't robbed. It was a miracle that he got a nomination since he didn't do anything at all in the movie.
    Well, I definitely don't agree with Streep winning Actress. I mean, what an act up on that stage! Please!

Davis had it in the bag.
  • I predict the artist as best picture...........
    I predict the artist as best picture...........

*sigh* They gave it away with the black and white film style during the nominations listing.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    props to the dog....something tells me that it was the dog that was the determining factor.
  • two years in a row best picture is non-american film........Skyfall has hope
    Updated list of the winners has been listed in the original post.
    The only awards that Skyfall REALLY has a shot at are tech awards, cinematography, and best song. Sadly the Oscars doesn't love commercial films.

Pretty good show though, The Artist was fantastic. I would of rather had Rooney win Best Actress though. Billy Crystal still has it
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The only awards that Skyfall REALLY has a shot at are tech awards, cinematography, and best song. Sadly the Oscars doesn't love commercial films.

Pretty good show though, The Artist was fantastic. I would of rather had Rooney win Best Actress though. Billy Crystal still has it

No, I felt Viola Davis had it. Never saw how an actor could win when they had material of an actual person to go off of. Davis created her character. True acting. Same with Rooney, she had the Swedes to base off of.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

No, I felt Viola Davis had it. Never saw how an actor could win when they had material of an actual person to go off of. Davis created her character. True acting. Same with Rooney, she had the Swedes to base off of.

That's what acting and film is. Research and discovery, using your own experiences and finding out about the character and how they mirror the human condition. Film itself embodies that, and breaks the divide between the real and imaginary, providing true escapism in our roughest times. Working with material or not, all the actors and actresses are commendable for their brilliant performances.

Back on topic, this year's Oscars was absolutely brilliant. One of the best presentations I've ever seen, and had Billy back and still with it. Everyone that won deserved it, and the tributes and short pieces with actors and actresses being interviewed about how film has touched them were striking. A great show full of laughs, tears, and cheers. I commend the Academy for yet another great night celebrating the magic of film. =D>