Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fabf32d78e22005296d0f3957f592b45.jpg
    60e730ef216c620a4e0e114fdd41afa8.gif
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Oh look, John Venables is in the news again. By this point, his name cropping up in the news every 2-3 years or so is to be expected. A few weeks, and he'll be out again
  • 60e730ef216c620a4e0e114fdd41afa8.gif

That's quite good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just looked outside as heading home from work shortly and a winter wonder land has appeared, god it must have snowed alot during the night.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Goldeneye PTS anyone?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That was great! Thanks for posting, @BMW_with_missiles.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,032
    Absolutely awesome.

And I see it's also posted by @bondjames with different links on the Does E = mc² or mc³? The Science in Bond Films Thread. The real world action Bond films do best. Or that do Bond best.
    Just received this text scam on my phone:

http://www.hoax-slayer.net/coke-promo-sms-advance-fee-scam/

Pity, I could really do with a million pound right now!
    I’ve gotten several texting scams lately. Very annoying.
    I was tempted to text them back that I'm reporting their number to authorities, or even call the number - just to put the wind up them a bit, but I guess I'd be wasting my credit and time in doing so.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    In the late 90's I used to get emails from scam artists wanting to deposit 25 million in my account, how scam artists think people will believe stuff like that is crazy.
    In the late 90's I used to get emails from scam artists wanting to deposit 25 million in my account, how scam artists think people will believe stuff like that is crazy.

You’d have to be awfully gullible for that one. It’s always too easy to tell really. One of my favorites (sarcasm of course) is callers pretending to be the IRS saying you will go to jail unless you pay however much.
    FoxRox wrote: »

You’d have to be awfully gullible for that one. It’s always too easy to tell really. One of my favorites (sarcasm of course) is callers pretending to be the IRS saying you will go to jail unless you pay however much.

It was when I was at university and the Internet was relatively new, though scam artists could get emails easily, though Face Book was a stripped down messaging site back then so things were basic compared to now.

For years now if I don't recognise a number I won't answer the call or message back then usually Google the number then block it lol

It was when I was at university and the Internet was relatively new, though scam artists could get emails easily, though Face Book was a stripped down messaging site back then so things were basic compared to now.

For years now if I don't recognise a number I won't answer the call or message back then usually Google the number then block it lol

Oh yeah for sure always block. It's unfortunate it doesn't prevent new scammers from harassing you, but at least you can prevent any of the same ones from trying again. In my worst moments, I can still be thankful I'm not as big of a loser as those people.

Oh yeah for sure always block. It's unfortunate it doesn't prevent new scammers from harassing you, but at least you can prevent any of the same ones from trying again. In my worst moments, I can still be thankful I'm not as big of a loser as those people.

They must change there numbers with some regularity, sites online are helpful I have often found alot of nuisance calls are indentified when I check.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    They knew letting little Thundy play with those crayons while they slept was a bad idea.

@barryt007 you win. Got a new one?
    I guess not. All right, leave it to me, then.

NEW CAPTION CONTEST
    image-w856.jpg?1462751222
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Big changes in the "Great British Bake off" this year !
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 19,339
    barryt007 wrote: »
    They knew letting little Thundy play with those crayons while they slept was a bad idea.

@barryt007 you win. Got a new one?

Whoops sorry Thundy,I didn't seem to get that message,but thanks for the win mention !

Now this new one :

The Steak Tartar was extremely popular in Jamie Olivers' new outdoor Bistro .

Ant and Dec, finally get to take part in a good challenge.
    Missionaires were always welcome.
    The Atkins diet, just got Extreme.
    The mods said they had "banned him". Here is photographic evidence of what that means.
    "He had lots of guts !"
    Moneypenny wasn't only a feast for their eyes.

image-w856.jpg?1462751222
    "I m still hungry."

"I am not."

"OK, then you re next."

" sorry guys, but ..... Does this clown taste funny to you ?"

This is still my favorite Bond tribute I have ever seen.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Got some random goodies from the hardware store tonight. :D

Some rafter vents for a cool sci fi wall design.
    lSWZ5ajl.jpg?1

And a set undergravel filters for a nice grated floor.
    qvnbbuGl.jpg