Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

Raquel Welch 75......candidate for Domino in TB.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tracy wrote: »
    Raquel Welch 75......candidate for Domino in TB.

She hardly looks like she has aged a day since. What a beautiful woman!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    She's a major GILF. :D
  • Everyone seen these cool new posters for Macbeth?

20489830523-eb2cf03443-o.jpg
    20923019878-9486c9beac-o.jpg
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2015 Posts: 2,629
    Oh, that is awesome.

Didn't realize there was going to be a release of Macbeth in December (US). Now I'm stoked. Just saw a local performance of Macbeth a couple of weeks ago. Macbeth is my favorite of Shakespeare's works.
    Damn, those are some beautiful posters. They match just how fantastic the movie looks in the trailer I saw. Looking forward to this!
  • MrLunnMrLunn Lunnigham
    New here and can't find the right place to post news and titbits stuff - so here it is: a fab read for all Bond fans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/unsung-heroes-real-life/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice read, thanks for posting. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It's a dead link I'm afraid
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Any nhl fans here?
    Any nhl fans here?

Right here! Thought I was the only one. Which team(s) do you follow?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Panthers, I live in that area so I'm either glued to the tv or one of the 10 fans that attend the games. What about you?
    :)) very nice! I don't live in a state with a team, but I've been a fan of the Penguins for years. Seems like any pre-season game I've seen of theirs so far, they lose, so I might be bad luck for them this year, even though I have a few Pens players on my fantasy hockey team.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    :)) very nice! I don't live in a state with a team, but I've been a fan of the Penguins for years. Seems like any pre-season game I've seen of theirs so far, they lose, so I might be bad luck for them this year, even though I have a few Pens players on my fantasy hockey team.

Pens always are solid. I never look too deeply into preseason. It's like any sport, a chance for other players to make the team and get your regulars some game time. We're only 9 days away from opening night, it felt like the cup finals just ended. I'm looking forward to going to our home opener next Saturday.
    Neither do I, I'm just overly excited because hockey is back. Just about a week, week and a half left until the season starts, thankfully. Pens are solid, their only issue is that they tend to not show up physically or mentally during the playoffs when it really matters. I hope you enjoy! I have a Native American friend who lives up on a reservation in Buffalo, and he said he wants to bring me up for a weekend and go see a Buffalo game when they play the Penguins, which would be heaven to me. I haven't been to a game since I was a kid and I liked the Capitals because of my parents.
    Thank you. That's why I'd be extremely hurt if the Panthers ever sold and moved due to poor attendance because I love live hockey. I couldn't live anywhere that did not have at least a minor league team within a reasonable distance. Thankfully we have solid ownership in place to prevent that. My buddy is a Pens fan and he is frustrated with the past playoff performances, hence the reason why they got rid of Dan Bylsma. I've been to two Pens-Panthers games down here and they are extremely fun.
    You're welcome! I wish hockey games were more accessible for me (and that I had more money), but that's hardly ever the case for me! Bylsma had the Pens on a great streak, but after their Stanley Cup win a few years ago, they just refuse to show up. I remember two years ago when they were in one of the last legs of the playoffs against the Rangers, up three games to one, and it's like they shut off entirely and let them come back with three unanswered wins, and sure enough, the Rangers went on to play for the Stanley Cup. It's embarrassing and the Pens let it happen every year, so it's real hard when I tune in to the playoffs because it's almost as if I know what to expect.

It is a shame that the Panthers tend to have some of the lowest attendance games out of all the NHL teams, it'd be nice to see them shine this year and boost those numbers with a possible playoffs appearance. They only missed their chance this past season by a couple of points, did they not?
    Yeah we missed by 7 points and we need a good run to the playoffs to boost attendance. We only sell out when we play the Habs, Rangers pretty much any original six or northern teams because of the snowbirds. We made the playoffs back in 2012 and the place with packed with all Panthers fans. The fans are here, but the team has been so terrible for so many years that a majority of people stopped caring. But I remember that Pens - Rangers series and I agree that they pretty much just gave up.
    At least they lost in 2012 in game seven and didn't get swept four games to nothing! Gotta take the good with the bad and look at the bright side of things. Plus, it's a new year, and a new season tends to bring some new management or department heads and players so who knows what could happen this year.

Absolutely, they've done that the last two or three seasons where they don't show up, and then Crosby performs poorly so I'm sure his captain status and the fact that he doesn't perform reflects on everyone else and it becomes a mess. Looking forward to their new lineups and having Kessel on the team this year, he should be able to bring it a lot of goals and assists, which he has already been showcasing in the past few preseason games. Roll on October!
    That was a great series. I went to Game 2 that year and it was amazing. I think Kessel will find new energy in Pittsburgh and mesh well with Crosby and Malkin.
    That was a great series. I went to Game 2 that year and it was amazing. I think Kessel will find new energy in Pittsburgh and mesh well with Crosby and Malkin.

Kessel has already done a fine job of proving his worth as a Penguins addition in just a few short preseason games, can't wait to see him light up the scoreboard come October. I need my hockey fix! There's another Pens game on tonight, but it won't be televised, which means I can't stream it whatsoever and I don't particularly care for the radio broadcast versions. Maybe they'll win again tonight since I won't be watching. ;)
    Weird things happen. I know I'm superstitious about certain things. For example, I have to wear a certain jersey/pant/shorts combo to games and only go with certain people.
    Everyone has their own thing, and I know lots of sports fans who have their routines and/or are very superstitious.

This doesn't pertain to superstition, just a story I figured you may enjoy since you're a hockey fan. Much earlier this year, the Pens were playing the Rangers, and my girlfriend's brother, a mutual friend, and I all sat down to watch it. It was amazing, one of the best hockey games I've ever seen where both teams were playing 110% until the very end. Went into overtime, no goal. Went into a shootout, no goal for a while, and finally, someone on the Rangers scored and that was it. We were pissed off, storming out to the porch to have a cigarette and vent our frustrations. I went in before the other two did, and went to change it when I noticed the Pens were skating around and seemed pretty happy, and it was confusing because they lost...what the hell could they be so ecstatic about?

Thankfully, we all had DVR at the apartment, and as soon as I start to rewind it, I realize that the original game-winning goal was disqualified: in a shootout (as I'm sure you know), the player gets one chance to shoot and score. He fired the puck, it went off the crossbar, didn't go in, bounced off of Fleury's skate, and then went in. They counted this as a double shot, of sorts, and since Fleury was technically the one who scored it, it didn't count. So, they went one more round, and (I want to say it was Brandon Sutter from the Penguins) scored immediately, the Rangers missed their last shot, and the game was over, with the win being awarded to the Penguins. Spent the next hour flipping out and being blown away, because the outcome of the game couldn't have been more exciting and interesting.
    That's a great story and like they say. It's never over til its over. Shootouts are great to see live because everyone is standing and the next shot determines the game. I went to a game a few years ago where the Panthers won in a 10 round shootout and its nerve-wracking/exciting all sorts of emotions run through you.
    Gah, I need to get to a hockey game ASAP. I want to try and see at least one this year, and at this point, part of me couldn't care less who is playing; I just want to see some live hockey.
    Come to Florida. Airfare and game ticket is probably cheaper than just the ticket alone on some cities
    Come to Florida. Airfare and game ticket is probably cheaper than just the ticket alone on some cities

This is true. I have a buddy in Florida who goes to a lot of hockey games when he has the time, too. Maybe I'll make a trip down there one day finally.
    I wonder if he's a Tampa fan