Going away or coming back?

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay time to nip this in the bud.
    Show's over folks, nothing to see here.

@FoxRox and @JBFan626 I hope to see you back here in the future. Your posts and contributions are very much appreciated and I for one enjoy reading your posts. Look after yourselves, and I hope this is only a temporary arrangement.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,296
    I wish all goodbyes a deep well of happiness as you traverse your youth yes I noticed, please don't make it too long between trips that you insert your face to remind us all why we like you in the first place, there is nothing holding it back and I think I can speak for everyone when I say, we all want to see your back rejuvaneted and fresher for talk than ever, Bond being a constantly evolvition I hope to see the same delineations from you take care and now the sarcasm and darkness has been washed away.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I feel the general moods around here have been a bit heated but that wouldn't convince me to leave. I think it may be all the focusing on flaws and negative aspects of things that's become a bit annoying. But that's just me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks @Birdleson. I have a very positive, care free attitude towards things. I'm always trying to be positive and relaxed wherever I go. I'm pretty open towards people I meet. It all goes with making a good impression. I like to make people feel comfortable wherever I go.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well @Birdleson that's interesting. We try as a community to involve everyone. It can be harder for some than others to integrate, but you are certainly going about involving these guys in the best way possible, so thanks for that.
  • 'isolated and marginalized' lmao. Probably a symptom of the pernicious 'safe space culture' which has infected the youth. They feel threatened by opposing opinions.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm sorry if anyone feels 'isolated and marginalized', it must be terrible. I am still
    a bit of a newbie, but I always try if in a discussion to write in a post only what I'd say to someone's face. There are one or two posters ( luckily only one or two) who seem to take pleasure in being aggressive, corrosive and confrontational in their dealings with others. Almost as if they want arguments instead of friendly discussion.
    I'm nothing special, know plenty about Bond but still have plenty to learn too. but some do seem to take pleasure in being negative all the time, whether about the
    music, actors, directors etc. Just always down. So I can see how some would get browned off and go else where.
    I want to be here for a long time, hope to make a few friends, have a few laughs, so
    I try to stay positive. After all I'm a fan I love the Books and films and hope, That I have given the impression that, I'm happy to get a private message from any MI6 member, if they feel 'isolated and marginalized', I think we all do at times. If only to give an option for someone to vent some anger. ;) and get it off their chest.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Thunderpussy, you seem off to a good start to me. I've always found you a well rounded sort, which we need more of at times like this. Glad to hear you want to stick around.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    These forums should be a place for fun, not something that'll inject isolation or depression into your life. Feeling sad or unwanted when visiting these forums is not the type of attitude we try to uphold, so I do feel sorry for those who feel this way. The forums tend to be like this during that stretch of the latest Bond movie finally coming out on blu-ray (so it's not a terribly new discussion anymore), alongside the lack of new information on the upcoming Bond; thus, things get heated, trolls make their way on board to shake things up, and the mood tends to turn a bit aggressive and sour at times. Perhaps if we put a positive spin on things and try and tone down the negativity (I, myself, have been included in sharing pessimistic views, I won't lie, as have plenty of others), I think things will be much more welcoming and enjoyable for veteran and rookie members alike.

We were all new to the forums at one point in time. Hell, as I've said before, when I joined, I had a bad habit of bumping old, irrelevant threads, being spammy at times, and opening duplicate threads without doing the most proper of checks prior to doing so, so I know that feeling of being new, not having many friends, not knowing how things work as well as others do, etc.

So, let's try and be a bit more friendly to one another, shall we? If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, why not have a healthy debate on it instead of taking things to a personal level or deeming that person an idiot or something worse? People hate some of my most loved Bond movies and vice versa, and I always enjoy conversing over how their opinion differs and why, leads to a lot of new viewpoints and discussion. You can derail any thread pretty quickly with a bad attitude, as that's what drives in even more negativity and defensive demeanors.

Perhaps throwing on our thinking hats and coming up with some brand new, highly creative threads wouldn't hurt, either? You'd think with the countless threads made that we've discussed just about everything there is to talk about, and yet here we still are, and to this day, I still see plenty of new threads being made that are thought-provoking or put a new spin on an otherwise old discussion. I'm not saying let's make 'Who is the best Bond actor?' threads - something we've obviously discussed to death - but making some new, fresh topics that deal with Bond wouldn't necessarily hurt, provided we're not making them out of something negative.

So, be nice and respectful and let's try to keep things on a fun, positive track, shall we? We're all on a forum specifically dedicated to James Bond, we shouldn't be at one another's throats like we've been lately; shouldn't we, this big band of nerds, be getting along insanely well with one another? I would think so. I've made a lot of friends and met a ton of great people over these last five years, and I never come on the forums looking for a fight - I come as an escape, to share something new I found or nerd out over my thoughts on a new Bond movie or one of my favorite scenes. I come here to talk with friendly, great people over what has been my biggest obsession and interest for roughly the last two decades: 007.

If you're thinking of leaving for good and you see no other option, why not step away for a week or so? I'm not saying I want any of you to leave, but this sort of fatigue can happen to any of us, and sometimes stepping away for just a little while and coming back to a massive increase in new posts/threads/etc. always helps, for sure. Or hey, if you're debating leaving and aren't sure yet, talk to someone about it. Always happy to talk Bond or something else entirely through PM's, and it would seem that many trust @Birdleson (as they should) if they've been PM'ing him with their thoughts and concerns.

End rant. Love you, guys (especially that handsome @Creasy47. Oh, wait...)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Who you calling a big nerd, @Creasy47? I'm a connoisseur, a Bondian aficionado, gosh dammit!

Anyway, well said. It's the aftermath to the latest Bond epic, this place always gets "heated" around this time. Don't give up peeps!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I concur.
    I left for a couple of months which was the best thing I could do (Thunderfinger will agree).
    And I returned fresh and it was the best thing I could do (Thunderfinger will disagree).
    A much needed rest from things can do wonders!

Glad you are back.

The other day I saw a fly. Fantastic, spring is in the air.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @Creasy47, if this forum is a nail, you are the massive hammer metaphorically hitting it square on the head. Wonderful post, buddy.

As it has been said, sometimes we need breaks from the forum. At times things get heated, personalities get too strong and energies can get low. We all need a little "me time," so if you need to take a respite from this all, feel free. And as it has been previously mentioned, I and scores of other members are perfectly willing to discuss concerns with you over PMs if you feel overburdened or need to vent. We're all in this together, after all. Bonded and all that. :)>-
    You will all go away some day.
    To France.
    Been itching to do some brass rubbing ?
    To France.
    Is that what they call hell these days? Can't say I'm too bothered though, to be honest. For a second there I thought you were going to say your basement.
    France is in my basement.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Good one @Creasy47 (for a degenerate).

I aim to please.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, many thanks!!

@Thunderfinger, there are those good vibes I was looking for!
    What happened to Getafix by the way, I really, really, really
    may
    miss him, just wondering.

He's off extolling the brilliance of Brosnan's Bond era to anyone who will listen.
    Traveling the world, sharing his love of Pierce and DAD, with no inhibitions in possession. He said something about it being his great pilgrimage or something like that before departing.
    may

He's off extolling the brilliance of Brosnan's Bond era to anyone who will listen.
    Traveling the world, sharing his love of Pierce and DAD, with no inhibitions in possession. He said something about it being his great pilgrimage or something like that before departing.

Oh Dear, now I'm hard...I mean I'm laughing hard roflmao and such

=))

good one! OR IS IT EVEN TRUE?! :-O

The last time I saw @Getafix he was being led by @Creasy47 into a sound proof storage shed with black tinted windows, lobotomy surgical tools in hand. When Getafix came out, all he could say was, "Brosnan is life, Brosnan I love," which he repeated over and over again. Fast forward a month or so and then he started making mention of a "great pilgrimage," which he envisioned as a global trek during which he'd spread the blessings of Brosnan's era to everyone, no matter their race, belief systems or background. Not long after that and he was gone for good. He hasn't been heard from since. Of course, where he's at, there's likely no wi-fi connection. Interpret that as you may...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If anyone says anything bad about DN, TLD, TND, or QOS I will LEAVE. [-(

For maybe a DAY!!!
    Imagine that, one day of peace and quiet :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    may

Oh Dear, now I'm hard...I mean I'm laughing hard roflmao and such

=))

good one! OR IS IT EVEN TRUE?! :-O

The last time I saw @Getafix he was being led by @Creasy47 into a sound proof storage shed with black tinted windows, lobotomy surgical tools in hand. When Getafix came out, all he could say was, "Brosnan is life, Brosnan I love," which he repeated over and over again. Fast forward a month or so and then he started making mention of a "great pilgrimage," which he envisioned as a global trek during which he'd spread the blessings of Brosnan's era to everyone, no matter their race, belief systems or background. Not long after that and he was gone for good. He hasn't been heard from since. Of course, where he's at, there's likely no wi-fi connection. Interpret that as you may...

Have you heard about a ship called 'The Flying Brosnan'? I thought he had something to do with that..
    Heading to the Greek isles ?