Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

Niether is one of my favorites but Goldfinger gets my vote. GF has Connery is at top form, another awesome John Barry score, and it's loaded with classic moments.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    GoldenEye

I have many reasons, the most important one being script, story and general mood. I prefer the more serious Bond films.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778
    15-11 so far. I had a feeling this would be a close one.
    14. Goldfinger
    13. The Living Daylights
    12. Live And Let Die
    11. Thunderball
    10. Quantum Of Solace
    9. GoldenEye
    I think that Goldfinger is quite overrated. I love it, I mean for me the top 15, at least, are avobe 7/10, but it's too cheesy at moments. This is hard, because none of this have never been my favourite, but they've both been at times fighting for it, it's now that they're a bit lower in my list. Anyway GoldenEye it is.
    GF wins easy.

List of rankings.
    GF - 4.
    GE - 17.
    Goldfinger
    If I was going to watch one of these it would be GE, so it wins for me.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    17-13. Thanks @00Beast and @DoubleOhhSeven for picking up the slack of counting while I'm not on.
    Woah! How can anyone think Goldfinger is boring?! :O The Geneva scenes were excellent.

Bond movies need not have rapid-fire of AK-47's to be entertaining. That's kind of my problem, even though it's modern, with the new Bond movies, especially Brosnan's. Too much machine guns. Goldfinger has relaxed Bond who , even when captured, doesn't lose any of his charms. As for an 80's kid, I love the 60's feel more than the 90's. Goldeneye is a good movie, but it's also cold and not nearly as charming as it's 60's counterpart.
  • We might not HAVE a Bond series without Goldfinger!!! Amazing how it gets disrespected @-) I mostly really enjoy GoldenEye with the exception of the soundtrack and PTS, but my #1 and easy pick here is Goldfinger
    Goldfinger, no question. It's the best Bond movie ever, full stop.
  • Goldfinger, no question. It's the best Bond movie ever, full stop.

:D =D> ^:)^
    Goldfinger, no question. It's the best Bond movie ever, full stop.

I might agree with you if I'd rank any of the movies. But it's definitely one of the best.
    \m/
    GoldenEye
    Its funny how people describe GE as "too cheesey". GF probably contains one of the cheesiest moments of all - the bomb stopping with 007 seconds remaining.
    Goldfinger = 24 karat Gold equals 100% pure Gold
    GoldenEye = 10 karat Gold equals 41.7% Gold
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Its funny how people describe GE as "too cheesey". GF probably contains one of the cheesiest moments of all - the bomb stopping with 007 seconds remaining.

And the original '3 clicks' line is kept in the film !! =))
  • BAIN123 wrote:

No surprise when Guy Hamilton is directing. I've also always been surprised they didn't clean that up. Still, this cheese is definitely unintentional. Unlike the "catch a plane" escape from Arkangel, which I still can't believe they tried a second time :O
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    BAIN123 wrote:

No surprise when Guy Hamilton is directing. I've also always been surprised they didn't clean that up. Still, this cheese is definitely unintentional. Unlike the "catch a plane" escape from Arkangel, which I still can't believe they tried a second time :O

A second time? When did they do it a first time? Yeah I'll agree that was pretty cheesey :)) Still quite fun though :p

Regarding GF is it really "unintentional" to have "007" displayed on the timer? Somebody obviously thought that would be a fun idea and a cool wink to the audience. I've always found it funny how the number of ticks don't match up what-so-ever to what the timer says on the bomb.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    GOLDENEYE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
  • The first time was in the Moonraker PTS, only difference is that Bond is chasing the pilot rather than the plane. It's just too fantastic even for Bond.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    The first time was in the Moonraker PTS, only difference is that Bond is chasing the pilot rather than the plane. It's just too fantastic even for Bond.

Agreed but then again Fleming's Bond did a few fantastical things - like diving off a cliff and fighting a squid. I suppose the difference was he bled a bit so it seemed more real.
  • But did any of that make it to film? Besides, Bond could go off a cliff if Jinx could
    :D
    But did any of that make it to film? Besides, Bond could go off a cliff if Jinx could
    :D

Please...don't mention Jinx :-&
    GoldenEye. GF is just boring.
    ...but GF has Sean Connery, so it instantly wins. The man the Bond blueprint, and elevates films just by being in them. No contest here, pretty boy Brozzer. :))

So, any Bond film-Connery< Any films with Sean.

A proven, mathematical fact.

Right on the money. You could have put Sean in DAD and he still would have elevated the film above GE. That is why he is Sean and why he IS Bond.
    :-? This is hard.

I like Connery and Brosnan equally and I love both these films. I have to go with GF though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    21-16, still GF's, but GE is closing in.

How about Dr. No VS Die Another Day next?
  • 21-16, still GF's, but GE is closing in.

I smell a rout there. If it hasn't been done, how about MR vs DAD, the battle of bottom feeders?
    21-16, still GF's, but GE is closing in.

I smell a rout there. If it hasn't been done, how about MR vs DAD, the battle of bottom feeders?

I considered asking for that one, but I think it's been done before. I'm not sure, and I'm too lazy to go back over 50 pages of comments to try and find it.