Who is YOUR favorite Bond girl, and why?

Comments

• Tracy, without a doubt. A compelling and fascinating woman. Complex personality with many layers. A very strong will yet fragile, a damaged and tortured soul. Beautiful, with class, style and elegance. Intelligent and resourceful. No wonder Bond fell for her!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Kara from TLD does it for me every time.
  • Tracy. Bond married her, dammit. She wins.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tracy, without a doubt. A compelling and fascinating woman. Complex personality with many layers. A very strong will yet fragile, a damaged and tortured soul. Beautiful, with class, style and elegance. Intelligent and resourceful. No wonder Bond fell for her!
    That's how I feel about Vesper and why Bond loved her. Have we discovered his type? ;)
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 645
    l
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Well this is a tough one I like the first 2 I'll do a list:
    Only main ones though:

Ryder- Yes
    Romanova-Yes
    Galore-No
    Derval-Maybe
    Aki-No
    Tracy-Yes
    Case-NO!
    Solitaire- Yes
    Goodnight-Yes
    Amasova-Yes
    Goodhead-Yes
    Havelock-Yes
    Octopussy-No
    Sutton-No
    Milovy-Maybe
    Lamora-Yes
    Bouvier- 2nd half of the film yes.
    Simova?-Maybe
    Wai Lin-No
    Jones-Maybe
    Jinx-Yes
    Lynd-Yes
    Camille-No
    Russian one-yes
    Most of them because they are hot well all of them but most of them are key members to helping Bond so top 3:

Hottest:
    3- Lynd
    2- Jinx
    1-Lamora

Over all I love all the ones I said yes for!
    The Classic Bond Girls

1. Teresa Di Vincenzo
    2. Natalia Semyonovna
    3. Kara Milovy
    4. Severine
    5. Pam Bouvier
    I like Tatiana Romanova a lot (perhaps because Daniela is Italian) both in looks and personality. She's competent, but at the same time accomplishes her role as Bond girl as she is somehow rescued by Bond.
    Of course Vesper and Tracy are very interesting an also favorites of mine, more the former than the latter as I had one Vesper in my life, but that was a long time ago.
    I probably would have to say Carole Bouquet's Milena. Looks-wise, she's DEFINITELY my number one, and when it comes down to the addition of character and story she's probably up there too.
  • I have a tendency to lean towards Elektra King, however I feel that they should have made her the main villain of TWINE, and could have worked on her character a little more. But beggars can't be choosers D:

And as others have said, Melina Havelock was a great Bond girl. She had a clear purpose and didn't need to cling onto Bond, like several of the other Bond girls had. She was a strong, independent woman, unafraid of danger.

Really, this was one of the few times that a revenge scenario really worked out well in a Bond film. It was sort of underutilised in QoS, and Bond's 'burying the hatchet' in the final scene didn't really have that great a payoff in the end for me, considering the failings of the entire film. Here, it was somewhat better integrated into the plot.

Pam Bouvier for me. I thought she had everything. Beautiful, fiesty, tough and at times looked like the classic Bond girl, especially when she unzipped her dress in the elevator. I also like the way she transformed into a classy personal assistant half way through, and she had great chemistry with Dalton.
  • Since the age of 7, in 1969, it was and always will be Mie Hama for me. Although if they ever got Gong Li, I might reconsider. Both of them give me that warm, fuzzy feeling :x
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,492
    Interesting that three of the girls with the most likeable personalities - solitaire, kara and tatiana - are doing so well in this thread.

And jinx isnt..
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Hmmm for me it would have to be either Domino or Fiona Volpe....whahahahahahoo

But on a non-sexual basis,i would say Tracy,she was a perfect match for Bond and was feisty,intelligent...and dead,unfortunately.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Domino, because she's damn fine. Bond says she tastes rather good, and I must concur. I think she's worth going after, if you know what I mean ;) I've been admiring her form, and I'd like to give her some of my conch chowder, if you know what I mean ;)
    Amen to that @QBranch !!
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I'd say either Tracy or Natalya. Both are played by very good actresses and both show that they can handle themselves when given a challenge.
  • Tracy and Vesper

Relegating either of them even to second best is travesty IMO. I think both are some of the most brilliantly acted and beautiful performances in any action film.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Tracy. She was a very tragic and complex character. She was strong-willed yet fragile. She took a lot of abuse, yet did not consider herself a victim. Even though she was born into wealth, she loved and appreciated the simple things. When she finally found the happiness she was looking for, it was taken away from her in a blink of the eye. I'm not sure anyone else could have played the character better than Diana Rigg.
    Though choice. I love the vulnerability of the early Bond girls, particularly Honey Ryder, Tatiana, Domino and of course Tracy. They are proof that vulnerability does not mean a weak character. But I love the more everyday charm of minor ones like Silvia Trench and Pat Fearing. You can't go wrong with English roses. Solitaire I love too, but in the movie she came up as a bit of a ditz, being tricked by Bond like she was. And I cannot forget Fiona Volpe, pure and perfect femme fatale.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Kerim wrote:
    Tracy. She was a very tragic and complex character. She was strong-willed yet fragile. She took a lot of abuse, yet did not consider herself a victim. Even though she was born into wealth, she loved and appreciated the simple things. When she finally found the happiness she was looking for, it was taken away from her in a blink of the eye. I'm not sure anyone else could have played the character better than Diana Rigg.

I quite agree @Kerim. The last time I watched her in the barn scene I was almost tearing up :'(

"Mr...and Mrs James Bond"
    "Of Vacacia Avenue, Tumbridge Wells"

Beautiful scene.

Regarding Vesper, I like her but I think the romantic material between her and Bond is far better in OHMSS.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I know I'm going to be killed for this but I always find Domino from TB a little bland - at least compared to the girls that came before her. One thing I will say though, she is stunningly beautiful (IMO).

I am not gonna slam you, BAIN 123, I agree with you. She is beautiful but rather dull in other ways. The sparks really fly between Bond and bad girl Fiona Volpe
  • I don't think I can pick only one so I'll narrow it to 3:

Vesper
    Natalya
    Tatiana
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Three from me as well: Tracy, Melina and Vesper.
    They have a certain vulnerability, yet they are very resourceful, and that appeals to me. Being gorgeous is no drawback, either.
  • Let me tell you this, Jenny Hanley has absolutly sky-rocketed to the very top of my list since I've read The making of OHMSS. Gorgeous woman. Perfect body. It's a shame she wasn't use more by the producer.

I would have a real hard time to pick one of Jenny "the Irish girl" Hanley, Corrine Dufour or Tatiana Romanova. All 3 would be dream come true.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wai Lin is my absolute favourite, even above Solitaire & Domino.
    Why?
    She's the woman Bond should retire with.
    Probably Tracy for me. She was just the perfect one; beautiful, loving, and very dynamic as a character. I wouldn't have chosen any other girl in the series as Mrs. Bond. Some other Bond girls I really like are Vesper, Solitaire, and Domino.
    Not an easy question to answer because there are so many variables?
    Cutest? Most huggable? Sexiest? Smartest? Most beautiful? Dumbest? Strongest?
    Most vulnerable? Meanest? Most villainous?

My favorite is Vesper. Love the interaction between she and Bond, especially their first meeting on the train. Because of her screen time, she is the most developed woman in a Bond film.