Comments

• sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Goldfinger
    You Only Live Twice
    Live and Let Die
    Licence to Kill
    You No My Name
    You No My Name

A severely injured Dr. No, suffering from radiation sickness, gets out of the radioactive pool after Bond left him to die in it. He approaches a guard and, barely able to communicate, he tells him "You! No my name! Poisoned! Get help!"
    mattjoes wrote: »
    You No My Name

A severely injured Dr. No, suffering from radiation sickness, gets out of the radioactive pool after Bond left him to die in it. He approaches a guard and, barely able to communicate, he tells him "You! No my name! Poisoned! Get help!"
    Lol!

This is what happens when you post whilst watching TV.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    1. The World Is Not Enough
    2. Skyfall
    3. You Only Live Twice
    4. You Know My Name
    5. A View To A Kill
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,598
    Thru @Murdock's selections (and with the requested modification by @007ClassicBondFan for TB to be his 5th pick), the updated standings show Macca's post Beatle band is now ahead.

Film/Song #Mentions Points
    1. LALD - Paul Mccartney & Wings 18 49
    2. TSWLM (Nobody Does It Better) - Carly Simon 13 46
    3. YOLT - Nancy Sinatra 12 43
    4. CR (You Know My Name) - Chris Cornell 14 43
    5. GF - Shirley Bassey 11 35
    6. AVTAK - Duran Duran 9 31
    7. SF - Adele 9 27
    8. DAF - Shirley Bassey 9 25
    9. TLD - A-Ha 4 15
    10. LTK - Gladys Knight 4 10
    11. TWINE - Garbage 4 10
    12. TB - Tom Jones 4 9
    13. No Time to Die - Billie Eilish 2 6
    14. OHMSS - John Barry 1 5
    15. GE - Tina Turner 3 5
    16. SP (The Writtings On the Wall) - Sam Smith 1 4
    17. NSNA - Lani Hall 1 3
    18. TND - Sheryl Crow 1 3
    19. From Russia With Love - Matt Monro 1 2
    20. OP (All Time High) - Rita Coolidge 2 2
    21. DAD - Madonna 1 1
    22. QoS (Another Way To Die) - Jack White/Alicia Keys 1 1
    23. DN - John Barry 0 0
    24. TMWTGG - Lulu 0 0
    25. MR - Shirley Bassey 0 0
    26. FYEO - Sheena Easton 0 0
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    NSNA ahead of FYEO and OP?!?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Not that I have a special love for either NSNA or FYEO or All Time High, but this is apparently just a statistic of the votes passed so far. It just so happens. I myself prefer FYEO and ATH, and yes, NSNA, over, say, the likes of AVTAK and SF and especially the pretty dumb TLD, and a few others in the second half of the list, but that's the way it goes. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    echo wrote: »

The law of small sample sizes strikes again!

Exactly one person listed NSNA - and did so as their third pick. And that was (thus far) just enough for it to out point FYEO and OP. Those songs were cited by two people, but they ranked both lower.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    echo wrote: »

Yeah, because it's better than both of them!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Nice to see 'You Know My Name' so popular!
    For me it was one of those odd occasions where I’d heard the track on TV several times and was unimpressed, but when I was in the cinema and the credit sequence started it blew me away and became one of my favourites. Another Way to Die was the exact opposite, a track I enjoyed when I heard it on YouTube but disliked in the cinema.

I’d really like another rock song in the vein of You Know My Name for the next film. I’d be kind of interested in hearing what The Pretty Restless could do, ‘25’ has a big Bond sound going for it that makes me think they’d give us something good.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    For me it was one of those odd occasions where I’d heard the track on TV several times and was unimpressed, but when I was in the cinema and the credit sequence started it blew me away and became one of my favourites. Another Way to Die was the exact opposite, a track I enjoyed when I heard it on YouTube but disliked in the cinema.

I’d really like another rock song in the vein of You Know My Name for the next film. I’d be kind of interested in hearing what The Pretty Restless could do, ‘25’ has a big Bond sound going for it that makes me think they’d give us something good.
    Funny. I had seen a video of AWTD before the movie came out, and not against the backdrop of the credits, and I absolutely hated it. I was sort of furious the producers would allow something like that to be a Bond theme. But hearing it over the credits, I suddenly didn't (and still do not) find it so bad. I must have remembered Madonna's DAD theme and subconsciously compared the two.