The Great Bond Geoguesser Game

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,950
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Kingston Jamaica, Liguanea Club, the opening scene of DN.
    Good one.

305192499_576220154141236_2412684925742563764_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=fFJb_HapJXYAX9s69r0&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.fna&oh=00_AfA4_KVImuKRH3tVzVibtuzi2XQK9t6xtraX0vLf09AIQw&oe=6398C758
    queens-club.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The parking lots rang a bell...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,700
    I must admit I have never heard of it, nor remember the scene in DN. One can tell that those people drive on the wrong side of the road (probably Commonwealth nation) and that it is probably closer to the equator (many more white cars than over here). But I was thinking of Asia, actually. So, good job in finding out, @zebrafish.

PS: The aerial picture shows palm trees, the movie capture, deciduous trees (maybe those on the right-hand side), but still.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    So, @QBranch, we're waiting for your divine inspiration for the next question...
    From The Liguanea Club website:

The Club has been used extensively in media promotions and feature films the most notable being the making of the "James Bond Movie – Dr. No" which featured the entrance to the (Queens) Club in its opening shots and the lead actor, Sean Connery, was a guest at the Club.

https://theliguaneaclub.com/our-history/
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    So, @QBranch, we're waiting for your divine inspiration for the next question...
    It's @zebrafish turn, chap. Let's see what he comes up with!
    QBranch wrote: »
    It's @zebrafish turn, chap. Let's see what he comes up with!
    Yep, sorry. Slight mixup.
    I'm on it, still researching...
    Which film and scene?
    nb1ZzZm.png
    Centre Pompidou, Paris. Parts used as Drax's space-shuttle plant headquarters.
    Voila, there's no fooling the sheriff, he knows the sights!

BLOGI_LOCATION_kuvat+340.JPG
    I must admit that before ever watching MR for the first time (in the 90s!), I had been on that walkway at least five times, and thought that looked very familiar...

...e.g. from 1978...
    centrep1978gbiax.jpg

centrep19830kdmp.jpg

...and later in 2003
    centrep2003-1b5dzl.jpg

I'll revert for the next guessing image.
    OK, here we go. Movie location.
    tsa11jdl1.jpg
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Is it the Swiss petrol station in Goldfinger?
    edited December 2022 Posts: 4,312
    That would have been my guess as well and I just confirmed it.
    I had a hunch you would guess it quickly. Hotel Aurora, Andermatt, Canton of Uri, Gotthardstrasse 163. Of the petrol station, there is basically only the roof once over the pumps left, and the hotel behind it. Judging from the colours, they also must have switched to Shell from being a BP station after GF.

Your turn again, @CharmianBond.
    This next one is a film location, sorry I couldn't get a better image of it. eIQEXhP.jpg
    So I dare say for now that this is in the UK, most likely in London. But that's how far I would go at this time. Is that the National Gallery in the far background? I just can't seem to find the side street that this is.
    Hmm, I'm gonna say safehouse from SP.
    I just don't expect there to be a garage where one could keep a vintage DB 5 for about fifty years in these surroundings...
    QBranch wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm gonna say safehouse from SP.

It is the 'Hildebrand' safe house, and where Maddie walks off into the night.

Spectre-1223.jpg

Over to you @QBranch
    Nice one. Love how Mallory spots Bond and declares it safe.

I have to pass the round on to you folks as I'm on my phone. Happy hunting!
    All right, I'll just pick it up. This is once more related to a movie.
    ffe0ed8d43.jpg
    A Louisiana swamp? LALD?
    Or the Iguazu Falls, possible upstream of the falls. MR?
    You're not entirely off. But I would rather hear from you what exactly this picture shows, and why. It is obviously not the Iguazu Falls (and no, it is not the LALD location).
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'm coming out of retirement; is it where the GoldenEye satellite dish is found in Cuba?
    Welcome back, Nick...I hope my retirement (the real one) won't be as short-lived. But no, it is not GE and Cuba.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I understand forum breaks have very short life expectancies... so my retirement was short lived... ;)
    Hint: The image is a screen capture from Google Street View. So don't expect it to be somewhere in the deepest jungle. Or rain forest.
    So I gather it's LALD, but it's not the croc farm, there are no Google Earth images of that (I checked). Is it where the double decker upper section ends? That would be cool research, to pinpoint that location.