"Welcome to the party, pal." Celebrating Bruce Willis and his Career.

13»

Comments

• i feel sorry for the bloke but from what ive read he wasnt easy to work with..Big ego etc.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bruce Willis' wife shares moving message on husband's 68th birthday

Belated Happy Birthday Bruce.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    A true 'movie star' if there is such a thing.

Die Hard is definitely his masterpiece. One of the greatest action films and a wonderful performance from Willis.

The sequels were mostly entertaining and dipped in quality as they went along.

My other favourites of his films are:
    The Last Boy Scout
    Pulp Fiction
    Sin City
    Unbreakable
    Looper
    Striking Distance
    The Fifth Element

Die Hard is definitely his masterpiece. One of the greatest action films and a wonderful performance from Willis.

The Last Boy Scout
    Pulp Fiction
    Sin City
    Unbreakable
    Looper
    Striking Distance
    The Fifth Element

'Looper' is a really good movie! I would also add '12 Monkeys' in there, Bruce is very good in that!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »

The Last Boy Scout
    Pulp Fiction
    Sin City
    Unbreakable
    Looper
    Striking Distance
    The Fifth Element

'Looper' is a really good movie! I would also add '12 Monkeys' in there, Bruce is very good in that!

He is great in 12 Monkeys but that film has never really grabbed me like it should. And I love most of Gilliams work.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bruce Willis set to make poignant farewell in final ever movie...
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1794241/Bruce-Willis-final-movie-Tarantino

The article contradicts itself in the first paragraph.

This does not sit right with me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been checking out some of Bruce's films I never got around to. While I had seen Lucky Number Slevin before, I forgot just how pulpy and twisty it is. I had a blast with it again all these years later. The Last Boy Scout was also a surprising amount of fun, with that opening football sequence being really unexpected and shocking.
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 1,394
    All the best to Bruce Willis.Honestly gave up watching his movies years ago due to him doing straight to streaming rubbish ( which were sold on his appearance but really he only worked a few days on them each ).

However,it’s now known of course he was taking these easy gigs due to his declining health which is understandable.He certainly left his mark on action cinema but was also a top class actor when he made the effort.

Just goes to show that money isn’t everything.Your health is your wealth.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I want to see Moonlighting get on Netflix (it isn't in Canada) or even a disc set of Moonlighting. Some great TV! I recall watching that show and it was like no other show on TV. Willis was David Addison! The line was blurred for me.

There was a good WWII drama with Colin Farrell and Bruce that was quite entertaining. Drawing a blank on the name. Striking Distance was a good movie. Last Boy Scout is a time capsule of the 90's. Cliches and tropes galore but what a ride!
    thedove wrote: »
    I want to see Moonlighting get on Netflix (it isn't in Canada) or even a disc set of Moonlighting. Some great TV! I recall watching that show and it was like no other show on TV. Willis was David Addison! The line was blurred for me.

There was a good WWII drama with Colin Farrell and Bruce that was quite entertaining. Drawing a blank on the name. Striking Distance was a good movie. Last Boy Scout is a time capsule of the 90's. Cliches and tropes galore but what a ride!

Is that Hart's War? I've seen that cover plenty of times over the years but don't believe I ever saw the film myself. And yes, The Last Boy Scout was a riot. Willis and Wayans together were a really great duo.
    Thanks @Creasy47 that's the one. A combo of courtroom and Great Escape. It was well done.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've been checking out some of Bruce's films I never got around to. While I had seen Lucky Number Slevin before, I forgot just how pulpy and twisty it is. I had a blast with it again all these years later. The Last Boy Scout was also a surprising amount of fun, with that opening football sequence being really unexpected and shocking.

I have seen the majority of Bruce's films up to the last Die Hard movie, some films only once, The Last Boy Scout is definitely one I should revisit I am pretty sure Tony Scott did that one. I have a lot of Bruce's films on DVD.

I have not watched Glass all the way through I think that was his last high profile movie, not seen the remake of Death Wish all the way through either.
    I will always admire Bruce for trying different projects and characters. Yes he settled mostly into the action genre but films like Hart's War, Color of the Night, 12 Monkey's, Bandits, and even Hostage were all interesting choices for him to make as an actor.

thedove wrote: »
    I will always admire Bruce for trying different projects and characters. Yes he settled mostly into the action genre but films like Hart's War, Color of the Night, 12 Monkey's, Bandits, and even Hostage were all interesting choices for him to make as an actor.

And his balance as an action hero and a comedically-timed perfectionist in The Fifth Element is one of many reasons why it's one of my favorite sci-fi films.