Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

Word is Cruise has injured himself yet again doing an MI stunt gone wrong.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If that is true, then a July release date would be out of the cards.
    Super Bowl it is, then.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As he matures, Cavill’s look has more character.
    I wouldn’t count him out as Bond. His screen test impressed Campbell and Eon has shown, with Moore , Dalton, and Brosnan that the are willing to consider someone who wasn’t ready or available in the past.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t count him out as Bond. His screen test impressed Campbell and Eon has shown, with Moore , Dalton, and Brosnan that the are willing to consider someone who wasn’t ready or available in the past.

Wouldn t surprise me at all.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Only problem is that he is well known as Superman now.
    They considered Reeve after Moore.
    00Agent wrote: »

Harrison Ford has shown that this shouldn’t be an issue.
  • talos7 wrote: »

When did he play Bond?

When did he play Bond?

You missed that one? It was epic.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I don't think he has a shot but I agree that he's maturing nicely and the 'stache suits him. Good looking guy and if they'd gone with him they could have arguably gotten more mileage out of the whole reboot thing.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This is who I'm really waiting for. No offense Tom.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I was about to make a similar post! :D
    The background in the Ilsa photo looks similar to the RN finale, when she takes on the Bone Doctor one on one.
    First thing I noticed too.
    I was about to make a similar post! :D
    Great minds and all that jazz old friend. I think they know it too, which is why she's back.
    The background in the Ilsa photo looks similar to the RN finale, when she takes on the Bone Doctor one on one.
    I noticed that too.
    Plus with them also shooting in London, I'm wondering if the film won't pick up shortly after where it left off in RN.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Plus with them also shooting in London, I'm wondering if the film won't pick up shortly after where it left off in RN.

I think I did read it takes place not long afterwards. Maybe it'll start in London immediately after with something bad happening (new bad guy making himself known) to kick off the story then jump forward in time a bit?

I think these films as a whole are a bit hit and miss but what I've heard about this one does sound cool. The director said it's going to peel back the layers a bit for Ethan, which I know people are sick of in Bond but in MI I think it's kind of overdue. I don't really see him as anything other than Tom Cruise doing Tom Cruise stuff at this point. Even in the third one, it was more personal but that was all centered around his wife rather than him, all we really learnt that was new about him was "he loves his wife". So I'm interested to see how they do it this time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The Million Dollar Mustache

So they are gonna pull a Jason Bourne on us and keep the title in suspense till the trailer sigh fine
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So they are gonna pull a Jason Bourne on us and keep the title in suspense till the trailer sigh fine
    What are the chances that "The Syndicate" makes its way into the title? Pretty high I'd say.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    What are the chances that "The Syndicate" makes its way into the title? Pretty high I'd say.
    You're onto something. With the uninspired and simplistic titles they put forward for the [dense] general audiences nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. I can imagine Mission: Impossible - The Syndicate.
    You're onto something. With the uninspired and simplistic titles they put forward for the [dense] general audiences nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. I can imagine Mission: Impossible - The Syndicate.
    Given they just touched upon it in RN and some key cast members are returning, I can see the entity being a larger part of the plot this time around. Hopefully if they do include that name in the title they also expand upon it to make it a little more interesting.
    Personally I would prefer Mission Impossible- Fall Out

As this film would be dealing with the fall out of the head of the syndicate being stopped and what does the syndicate do without its leader
    Given that location/cliff edge, I think Fall in the title may work?
    patb wrote: »
    Given that location/cliff edge, I think Fall in the title may work?

Remember, that is the end scene or the finale perhaps.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It appears the teasing of the new M:I film on their official pages have begun...

21687829_10155522152587730_6569991986276822341_n.jpg?oh=0125f6d6692902d004b6eba7eab4b24c&oe=5AE08320

This was posted by them on their FB page.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT

The title reminds me of The Prisoner's final episode.