Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Gotta love Cruise for his filmmaking enthusiasm.
    And admire him for checking off all those amazing locations that should be used for Bond films.
    +1. Yep!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Henry Cavill got his own Poster now
    Mission-Impossible-Fallout-Henry-Cavill-Mustache.jpg?x42694
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That mustache gets around. =))
    :))

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) great poster
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,297
    Someone should make a Magnum, P.I. Fallout poster!
    They’re making fun out of themselves or something? :))
    They’re making fun out of themselves or something? :))

Wait, it isn't fake?

Here's one with Cavill:
    DVKoWZDU8AAykfS.jpg
    It’s the multi-million dollar mustache. It has to be bolded on. :))
    Balfe is still not listed on IMDb to work on Fallout but I want to use this opportunity to say that I loved 13 hours..basically "Call of Duty: The movie" but it's based on real events. Really underrated movie.

btw for people that saw the first trailer..do you plan on watching the 2nd one? I am debating that maybe one is enough for me..the trailer revealed some things just enough to keep me interested and the trailer was so amazing...I genuinely think that the 2nd trailer would release too much and make me less excited. Cause the more I think about this movie the more I expect it to be like the 5th one...and idk how I felt about the 5th one. I liked it but just enough... I don't like to see another movie like the 5th one and I hope it has that edginess and the X factor that this series has
    It's fake. But very creative,
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It's fake. But very creative,
    It's a funny one, that's for sure!
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Balfe is still not listed on IMDb to work on Fallout but I want to use this opportunity to say that I loved 13 hours..basically "Call of Duty: The movie" but it's based on real events. Really underrated movie.

btw for people that saw the first trailer..do you plan on watching the 2nd one?
    I am debating that maybe one is enough for me..the trailer revealed some things just enough to keep me interested and the trailer was so amazing...I genuinely think that the 2nd trailer would release too much and make me less excited. Cause the more I think about this movie the more I expect it to be like the 5th one...and idk how I felt about the 5th one. I liked it but just enough... I don't like to see another movie like the 5th one and I hope it has that edginess and the X factor that this series has

Don't think so, no. The first trailer revealed enough to give an impression of what it's all about. Only watched it twice, so I'll probably forget much of it by the time the film is released.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Henry Cavill got his own Poster now
    Mission-Impossible-Fallout-Henry-Cavill-Mustache.jpg?x42694

Lol! That is outstanding!!!!!
    According to IMDB, the film is in post-production status. But, recent videos indicate otherwise. Is the film still shooting? They've been in production for over ten months.
    @ClarkDevlin, due to Cruise´s broken ankle they couldn´t shoot certain things for a while, during which time I guess they were post-producing as much of the already shot material as they could. Add to that reshoots have become common practice recently, and the possibility of holding back the release of youtube clips, and you arrive easily in Mid-February.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 3,169
    Here's Cavill from a shoot last week:
    6XRlsoE.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dayyyyyyyym. I am MajorDSmythe, and I approve of that trailer. Hold up, i've got an idea: Licence To Kill should be re-released in cinemas this year, using that trailer. It can be both Bond #16 and Bond 25.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Fitting, literally in the midst of watching LTK right now. Gotta check out that trailer after!
    Nice trailer! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Great trailer. Seeing that I have to say I miss John Glen. That man knew how to inject some energy into Bond.

In a way, I miss Dalton too.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Nice job! If they had made a trailer that energetic and attention grabbing, LTK would have been much more successful.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I watched it last night and enjoyed this viewing very much. But, as has been pointed out, the cinematography, and overall production design too often makes it feel like a TV movie.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I watched it last night and enjoyed this viewing very much. But, as has been pointed out, the cinematography, and overall production design too often makes it feel like a TV movie.
    Which doesn´t have to be a bad thing by any means.

Speaking of that trailer music, I all the time hear the vocalist sing, "can´t find the Wistrom", which kind of confuses me. It should have been played with the M:I4 trailer.

boldfinger wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Which doesn´t have to be a bad thing by any means.

A major motion picture that’s also part of a franchise known for high production standards looking , at times like a lesser episode of Miami Vice is not a bad thing? Don’t grt me wrong, I loved MV but I want more from Bond.
    @talos7, I understand you to a certain degree, but I prefer a well-told tv film over badly-executed bombast. And now and then, even if it is usually executed extremely well, I find it a good thing for a franchise to strip as much as possible and prove that still what´s left is worth it. I´m currently watching Sherlock again, and despite noticing a lot of shortcomings on the umpteenth re-watching I am again pulled very much in. I long for another Bond film that manages that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    All the Glen films are highly rewatchable even if they aren't flashy. So are the MI ones. I'd prefer Bond films like that going forward.
    I agree to an extent, CR did both; following the excesses of DAD, it was a stripped down Bond but never did it look like a made for TV movie.
    What is the budget on this if they have been filming for ten months?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,690
    vzok wrote: »
    What is the budget on this if they have been filming for ten months?

Only figures I could find online are between $100 million and $150 million, which is about the same ballpark as the budget for Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol.