Bond 26 Title

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    To Hell And Back
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Golden Ghost.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Stealing shamelessly from a Leslie Nielson film, Dead and Loving It!
    Live For Today.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Not Afraid Of Death/Dying
    Tomorrow Is Forever.
    Tomorrow Waits For No Man
    What? Too sexist for today's audiences? Well then...
    Tomorrow Waits For No One
    Today Lives For Tomorrow.
    LucknFate wrote: »
    The Stranded Soul

That one I actually like.

Agreed;

TO LIVE AND DIE

A bit similar to a film from the 80s - To Live and Die in LA
    Tomorrow Is Another Day.

Tomorrow is Another Day Which Never Dies
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Since62 wrote: »
    Tomorrow Is Another Day.

again today.

Tomorrow Is Another Day.

again today.

But For Which There Never is TIme

This is just too fun...
    People who REALLY know their Bond history likely could provide a number of Titles considered by not used.
    Some would not work, perhaps, because they were slightly different versions of titles which WERE used.
    Eg. License to Kill with the British spelling of the first word. Not really a different title.
    Also, wasn't Tomorrow Never Knows going to be Tomorrow Never Dies ? Would be no surprise, since "Die" appears with some frequency among the titles....and NO, I am NOT including Diamonds Are Forever as a "die" title !
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    People who REALLY know their Bond history likely could provide a number of Titles considered by not used.
    Some would not work, perhaps, because they were slightly different versions of titles which WERE used.
    Eg. License to Kill with the British spelling of the first word. Not really a different title.
    Also, wasn't Tomorrow Never Knows going to be Tomorrow Never Dies ? Would be no surprise, since "Die" appears with some frequency among the titles....and NO, I am NOT including Diamonds Are Forever as a "die" title !

No, the original title was going to be Tomorrow Never Lies until a typo on the fax put it as Tomorrow Never Dies and Eon decided they preferred that as a title instead. I think their original title actually sounded a lot more logical when applied to the plot of the film, but there you go. It would have also avoided another predictable "Die" title adorning a Bond film.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Dragonpol wrote: »

No, the original title was going to be Tomorrow Never Lies until a typo on the fax put it as Tomorrow Never Dies and Eon decided they preferred that as a title instead. I think their original title actually sounded a lot more logical when applied to the plot of the film, but there you go. It would have also avoided another predictable "Die" title adorning a Bond film.

The same thing happened with Pie Another Day
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Don't forget Bond's Time to Die

Don't know how they messed that one up...
    Time Lives Forever.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Dragonpol wrote: »

They must have taken inspiration for the Tomorrow Never Lies name from the Beatles track Since62 mentions though.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 13,936
    Tomorrow Is Another Day.
    I kinda like this one, despite it lacking urgency, danger etc. Combining three Brosnan titles - how could it possibly go wrong?
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    It's a little soap opera-y. Reminds me of Days of Our Lives. ;)

On that note...

Sands Through the Hourglass?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Golden Ghost.

Mmm. Could work.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/james-bond-the-golden-ghost/jim-lawrence/yaroslav-horak/9781845762612
    51e2BbZfJfL._AC_SY780_.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    Tomorrow Is Another Day.
    I kinda like this one, despite it lacking urgency, danger etc. Combining three Brosnan titles - how could it possibly go wrong?

I admire the restraint. So not Tomorrow Is Another GoldenDay.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I admire the restraint. So not Tomorrow Is Another GoldenDay.
    Not bad, but it kinda ruins the ending, knowing that Bond will save the world. Unless...
    The Purpose Of Hono(u)r
    All For Nothing
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    All For Nothing

That works.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Eat Your Broccoli
    The Man With No Name
    The Man Of The Lethal Number
    The Man With No Name

Clint Eastwood?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Man With No Name

Clint Eastwood?

Except he had a name, or even two. He was called Joe, and nicknamed Blondie.