Bond 26 Title

Comments

• All That Glitters
    Die By The Sword
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote: »
    The African Job

It ends with Bond hooking up on a plane.

Would that mean we'd have to have Moonraker again? I know that'd horrify some people but I'd be all for it, especially if they stuck much closer to the novel this time.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The African Job

Would that mean we'd have to have Moonraker again? I know that'd horrify some people but I'd be all for it, especially if they stuck much closer to the novel this time.
    I'd be up for a more faithful adaptation of the novel if they simply change all the names that appear in the film.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The African Job

I'd be up for a more faithful adaptation of the novel if they simply change all the names that appear in the film.

Yes, they'd have to call the rocket something else and change the name of the main villain. The girl in the book had a different name so they could keep that and it would be good to see Willy Krebs and Dr Walter on screen. There's basically a whole novel there left to still adapt so it should be an open goal for Eon. It'd also be a great way to introduce a new Bond actor with a solid Fleming story. It would be just a good straight thriller with no personal element to distract from the plot at hand.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    The African Job

Yes, they'd have to call the rocket something else and change the name of the main villain. The girl in the book had a different name so they could keep that and it would be good to see Willy Krebs and Dr Walter on screen. There's basically a whole novel there left to still adapt so it should be an open goal for Eon. It'd also be a great way to introduce a new Bond actor with a solid Fleming story. It would be just a good straight thriller with no personal element to distract from the plot at hand.
    Is there really a whole novel though? They've cannibalised so much of it for other films.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The African Job

Yeah they could change the baddie’s name to Graves :)
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Saw this on another thread and thought it was interesting:

Bullets Speak Louder than Words

While a bit lengthy, it's a nice alternative take on an idiom.

Oh, yeah, that was a Fan-Made Soundtrack done by Rich Douglas i posted here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/21292/which-composer-should-score-the-soundtrack-for-bond-26#latest
    The African Job

Is there really a whole novel though? They've cannibalised so much of it for other films.

Yeah, I always say it's harder to adapt than people think. A lot of aspects to it have already been used, and what's there might not be usable in the process of having to update it. There might be bits that could be reworked into an original story, but not the whole novel.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 987
    Dying Is No One's Business
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Balance of Terror
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    The Balance of Terror
    The DB5 Incident
  • Archangel007Archangel007 United States
    Borrowed from a Led Zeppelin lyric: All that Lives is Born to Die
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ooh I like that.
    On second thought, that title wouldn't work for the next film since it would once again involve the word "Die" (not to mention "to Die" at the end).

A couple of generic titles:
    At the Edge of Fear
    When Tomorrow Never Comes
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Too reminiscent of the terrible title "Edge of Tomorrow", IMO.

All You Need Is Kill, or Live Die Repeat, would have been 100% weirder and better.

Maybe for Bond, All You Need to Kill
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,923
    Live Die Repeat was a much a better title than Edge of Tomorrow - Doug Liman argued it out with the studio heads but they wouldn't have it. Liman being Liman, he then made a big point of mentioning it in all the promos for the film, the media agreed with him and the execs eventually 'fessed up that he'd been right. Unfortunately, he wants to call the sequel Live Die Repeat Repeat - not so good, Doug...
    The Art Of Assasination
    With Honour Until Death
    007HallY wrote: »
    The African Job

Yeah, I always say it's harder to adapt than people think. A lot of aspects to it have already been used, and what's there might not be usable in the process of having to update it. There might be bits that could be reworked into an original story, but not the whole novel.

I recall that in MR the novel, Bond and the leading lady do NOT get physically intimate. Not talking about taking Bond down to "just" one lover in a film. This would be NONE ! Hmmm, I suppose they could include a non-leading lady affair for Bond, and, with that in mind it may be noted this occurred in the film of QOS. Bond had a brief dalliance, but as far as the leading lady and him -- their relationship was not like that. The film did not suffer, of course, as Bond also - despite the superficial indication from the dalliance with Ms. Fields - was mourning Vesper and on something of a vengeance mission, so it fit.
    Venutius wrote: »
    Live Die Repeat was a much a better title than Edge of Tomorrow - Doug Liman argued it out with the studio heads but they wouldn't have it. Liman being Liman, he then made a big point of mentioning it in all the promos for the film, the media agreed with him and the execs eventually 'fessed up that he'd been right. Unfortunately, he wants to call the sequel Live Die Repeat Repeat - not so good, Doug...

Had I written Edge of Tomorrow I'd not have been able to resist including the line: "I'm getting deja vu all over again !"
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,427
    COME IN, 007

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Death goes on.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Hands Of Fate
    Since62 wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »
    The African Job

I recall that in MR the novel, Bond and the leading lady do NOT get physically intimate. Not talking about taking Bond down to "just" one lover in a film. This would be NONE ! Hmmm, I suppose they could include a non-leading lady affair for Bond, and, with that in mind it may be noted this occurred in the film of QOS. Bond had a brief dalliance, but as far as the leading lady and him -- their relationship was not like that. The film did not suffer, of course, as Bond also - despite the superficial indication from the dalliance with Ms. Fields - was mourning Vesper and on something of a vengeance mission, so it fit.

Yes, turns out Gala was married in MR. And yes, one could argue it was adapted in QOS in a loose way (I've also always said that the scene where Bond is about to shoot himself and Camille in the hotel fire bears similarities to Bond's planned suicide in MR, albeit in a much less cavalier tone/fashion). I would argue QOS isn't a revenge mission at all though, but the similarities between Camille and Bond in regards to their losses was quite interesting and added something to that general idea of the Bond girl 'getting away' as it were.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I do appreciate that P&W are always trying to get more Fleming into the films.
    Life Finds A Way
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think that’s a Jurassic Park film. ;)
    How about a familiar lyric from a previous Bond song?

Dance into the Fire

There is also a George Harrison song title that would work for a future Bond film down the road.

The Art of Dying
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Death goes on.

Again
    Life Is Not For Dying