Skyfall shooting at Charing Cross station

edited December 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 1,492
http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9859&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Apart from the fact that I use this station every day its of interest to me because it is yet another location around London ie Docklands, Whitehall, National Gallery etc.

It looks like they are doing inserts. I wonder if Bond is being tracked by CCTV in the film?

Comments

Fair enough James

But the point I was making with so many short filming at diverse London location could it be a CCTV tracking scene? Someone is watching Bond by remote?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice idea. It would be interesting to see Bond being tracked on camera all across London. Especially if we see footage of Bond (from the watcher's perspective) doing his thing i.e. kicking butt, performing stunts etc. It would also be interesting to see Bond doing his thing on the local news. However, I think that last bit would mean the end of his 'secret' agent career.
  • This theory is actually pretty credible,
    especially because
    1. They don't seem to film at any of these locations for too long.
    2. Someone in the picture thread said they where filming shots of Bond walking through the station.
    3. Not seeing any camera's in the National Museum shoot
    4. Bond looking up in that same shoot (does he finally notice he's been followed?)
    That sounds great. How about a portion of the film is actual CCTV footage. I don't mean we see Bond on various monitors in the film- but actual CCTV footage around London is filmed and given to the editor as part of the movie. Footage from different cameras around London would look slightly different, footage wise- some black and white, some colour, and even some web cams which film over the city's skyline (like WeatherWatch Overnight on SBS). And in one of the cameras in Trafalgar Square, you see Bond look up directly into it and realize he's being watched (as @BondWillReturn said). All of these different camera views inter-cutting at random. I don't know how to describe it better than that. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see that filming style? The scene could run seamlessly (and silently?) for a few minutes or more. You could cut the CCTV camera footage with normal footage too, to mix things up.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    If I still lived in London - as opposed to a few miles out - I'd be all over visiting these shoots and craning to see something like a geek-rash.

Sure I'd get to see next to nothing, no doubt, but still, it'd something to tell the grandkids and make them groan and all that... ;)
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    QBranch wrote:
    That sounds great. How about a portion of the film is actual CCTV footage. I don't mean we see Bond on various monitors in the film- but actual CCTV footage around London is filmed and given to the editor as part of the movie. Footage from different cameras around London would look slightly different, footage wise- some black and white, some colour, and even some web cams which film over the city's skyline (like WeatherWatch Overnight on SBS). And in one of the cameras in Trafalgar Square, you see Bond look up directly into it and realize he's being watched (as @BondWillReturn said). All of these different camera views inter-cutting at random. I don't know how to describe it better than that. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see that filming style? The scene could run seamlessly (and silently?) for a few minutes or more. You could cut the CCTV camera footage with normal footage too, to mix things up.

OR film the entire attack through CCTV cameras. Do just as you said ^, use real footage, but cut in production-made CCTV shots of explosions and such. With no audio, it'd be quite the effect.

So, the first few shots of peaceful, normal London. Cut to one where a white van drives up a street and suddenly incinerates into 80,000,000 pieces, cut to a CCTV distant, but looking, and you see a smoke cloud wafting about the rooftops, cut to a peaceful shot again, just everyday life, cut to the front of the MoD as it gets attacked, cut to peaceful London somewhere else, cut back to mayhem and the camera goes static.

Like I said, no audio would have quite the effect. Relying on the reactions of the extras. And the contrast b/w life and death and the peace and mayhem would be magnificent.

EDIT: have the cameras, after the explosions go off, zoom in on people, and move around as if an operator were reporting, but again, keep it silent.
    I think we could get some really unique/effective/intense scenes from these ideas. Now I want to see it happen.
    QBranch wrote:
    I think we could get some really unique/effective/intense scenes from these ideas. Now I want to see it happen.

I agree. What is most chilling about 9/11 footage is that most of it either has no sound as the planes hit the World Trade Center, or all you hear is "Oh my God." I want Skyfall's scenes to have the same effect as those videos have on me. Just sends a wave through your body.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sounds like a Spook episode... I like it !!
    All this filming in the tube reminds me of the chase sequence of OHMSS that was supposed to end in the tube. Very excited about finally seeing Bond down there!
  • RC7RC7
    Nice idea. Doubt the Charing Cross shoot is CCTV footage however.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Kennon wrote:
    All this filming in the tube reminds me of the chase sequence of OHMSS that was supposed to end in the tube. Very excited about finally seeing Bond down there!

Yes !! Maybe this is the long awaited foot chase in London from OHMSS that we never saw !! I was opposed to yet another foot chase, but if we finally see something similar to the Lazenby chase we never saw, I am all up for it !!

Kennon wrote:

Yes !! Maybe this is the long awaited foot chase in London from OHMSS that we never saw !! I was opposed to yet another foot chase, but if we finally see something similar to the Lazenby chase we never saw, I am all up for it !!

Me 2 but I always enjoy foot chases in pakouresque moves in bond and spy films/games in general so no wonder I'd be all for it
    Craig already had a footchase (in CR). I want to see a skichase, some underwater stuff or a carchase done right.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote:
    or a carchase done right.

We should get this, hopefully.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,934
    Zekidk wrote:
    Craig already had a footchase (in CR). I want to see a skichase, some underwater stuff or a carchase done right.

But that didn't stop them from including a footchase in QoS. I agree, Craig should get his snow/underwater action sequence and a good car chase. Also, every other Bond actor (sans Lazenby) got his gadget car sequence- I hope Craig gets a turn.
  • QBranch wrote:
    Zekidk wrote:

But that didn't stop them from including a footchase in QoS. I agree, Craig should get his snow/underwater action sequence and a good car chase. Also, every other Bond actor (sans Lazenby) got his gadget car sequence- I hope Craig gets a turn.

"Like"
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Two new photos.

6480122713_4abd93eb5c_o.jpg

6480120827_cb81aaaf49_o.jpg

xxx
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks @marketto007. Seeing this and London having a starring role in a Bond film really excites me. I can't wait.
    I can't believe that in 10 days from now I'll be there, taking photos in all of these Skyfall locations, and other Bond movies, of course. :D

xxx
    Hey, that´s true, the 22nd right? I hope you have fun Marketto. Haven´t been to London in a few years, but It´s a great city, a true city, in every sense
  • During the swimming pool scene, they were actually filming outside the swimming pool....
    This theory is actually pretty credible,
    especially because
    1. They don't seem to film at any of these locations for too long.
    2. Someone in the picture thread said they where filming shots of Bond walking through the station.
    3. Not seeing any camera's in the National Museum shoot
    4. Bond looking up in that same shoot (does he finally notice he's been followed?)

@Univex Thanks mate. I'm really, really nervous already, because this is my first international flight, 12 hours in a plane, but I know it will worth it, specially because all this new places from Skyfall, and of course, from the previous Bond movies. I can't wait...10 days now, 10 days. :D

I'll be staying in front of the Finsbury Park station, until January 7th. If anyone's interested in have a Pint with a brazilian lad, be my guest! :D

xxx
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    reading through a lot of these theories has got my interest up about the shooting...

i like the idea that he is being followed - looks directly into a camera, to let whoever is watching him know he knows he's being watched and followed, and then finds a way to give the person shadowing him and the CCTV the slip...

I also like the idea of some sorta of attack taking place, but seeing it either CCTV footage, or other various handheld devices (like the 9/11 attack footage)... but no big explosions have been filmed around in that area as of yet right?... so we'll see - unless they back lot that stuff...

or who knows, maybe it's Bond really jones'n for a corndog, so he's out all over London to find himself a vendor who sells one lol...

we'll just have to see when filming is completed how it plays out...... but i do like the idea of him being followed, and possibly giving them the slip - thats old school spy stuff there.
    HASEROT wrote:

or who knows, maybe it's Bond really jones'n for a corndog, so he's out all over London to find himself a vendor who sells one lol...

I take it a corndog is a hotdog? The only hotdogs I remember are greasy efforts serving to drunks on Trafalgar square at 3.00am before they stagger onto the nightbus. London isnt really a hotdog type of city.

What junk food would Bond like?

Cant see him liking fish and chips. And I dont remember him drinking a pint of beer (did he do so in the book Moonraker at a kentish pub?)

I thought he was a Savoy Grill/vodka martini kind of man.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    actonsteve wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

I take it a corndog is a hotdog? The only hotdogs I remember are greasy efforts serving to drunks on Trafalgar square at 3.00am before they stagger onto the nightbus. London isnt really a hotdog type of city.

What junk food would Bond like?

Cant see him liking fish and chips. And I dont remember him drinking a pint of beer (did he do so in the book Moonraker at a kentish pub?)

I thought he was a Savoy Grill/vodka martini kind of man.

who else but we americans can create something that sounds so disgusting - but tastes utterly fantastic....... a corn dog, is a hotdog, that put on the end of stick, put a little batter or dough around it, then deep fry it!... thats our answer to everything DEEP FRY IT!!! lol.... it tastes wonderful though - it's the traditional carnival snack here in the states next to cotton candy and elephant ears - in case you don't know what elephant ears are.. it's fried dough with powdered sugar sprinkled on it - kind of like warped and flattened donut.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 864
    St_George wrote:
    If I still lived in London - as opposed to a few miles out - I'd be all over visiting these shoots and craning to see something like a geek-rash.

Sure I'd get to see next to nothing, no doubt, but still, it'd something to tell the grandkids and make them groan and all that... ;)

You'd think so, but no. I've decided to stay in an' keep warm instead.
    @Univex Thanks mate. I'm really, really nervous already, because this is my first international flight, 12 hours in a plane, but I know it will worth it, specially because all this new places from Skyfall, and of course, from the previous Bond movies. I can't wait...10 days now, 10 days. :D

I'll be staying in front of the Finsbury Park station, until January 7th. If anyone's interested in have a Pint with a brazilian lad, be my guest! :D

xxx

I´ve been in a 24h long flight once...well the plane had no brakes so we had to land in a military base of some sorts and wait there till the breaks were good enough, still we couldn´t leave the plane, so yeah, it´s boring as hell, but if you take some good literature with you, you´ll be just fine. Besides, if you keep thinking that you´ll be kissing your girl when you land (and she deserves that after that happy-B stunt), 12 hours will go in a jiffy. Good luck in London my friend, I hope you have a blast. Take loads of photos!
    Have a blast, marketto :) I hope, London will treat you well...