Skyfall shooting at Charing Cross station

2»

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited December 2011 Posts: 3,277
    Thank you both @Univex and @Germanlady. 9 days now...and counting!!! I'll be posting photos and updates on the trip on my Facebook or Twitter... :D

xxx
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Hey @marketto007, I just spent the weekend in London and it was great. One thing that struck me was the absence of a 007 fan shop. While this would be the most natural thing in the world for London, I don't see why a Tintin fan shop can exist, but selling Bond memorabilia has apparently not crossed anyone's mind.
    zebrafish wrote:
    Hey @marketto007, I just spent the weekend in London and it was great. One thing that struck me was the absence of a 007 fan shop. While this would be the most natural thing in the world for London, I don't see why a Tintin fan shop can exist, but selling Bond memorabilia has apparently not crossed anyone's mind.

Actually, when I was at the QOS premiere, I was in a book store, which pretty much hold everything Bond. Was not far from Leicester Square, that is all I remember.
    The best place is the Cinema store Upper St Martin's Lane which is a 5 minute walk from Leicester Square. Its movie specific but it does sell Bond stuff books/mags/posters, some toys etc, but its preety limited Bond specific.
    Its worth a look though.
    Thanks for the tip @dchantry, I'll check it out.

xxx
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Marketto when are u arriving in London and for how long will you be staying?
  • RC7RC7
    dchantry wrote:
    The best place is the Cinema store Upper St Martin's Lane which is a 5 minute walk from Leicester Square. Its movie specific but it does sell Bond stuff books/mags/posters, some toys etc, but its preety limited Bond specific.
    Its worth a look though.

This is just around the corner from my office, I popped in yesterday. They have a great signed Moonraker poster (amongst other memorabilia) - as pricey as you would expect though!

edited December 2011 Posts: 3,277
    doubleoego wrote:
    Marketto when are u arriving in London and for how long will you be staying?

I'll arrive next Wednesday @doubleoego, until January 6th. :)
    RC7 wrote:
    This is just around the corner from my office, I popped in yesterday. They have a great signed Moonraker poster (amongst other memorabilia) - as pricey as you would expect though!

But they have several Bond stuff there @RC7? This is the place?

cinemastore.jpg

xxx

• RC7RC7
    Yes, a good amount of Bond posters, magazines and framed artwork.
    OK. Thanks again mate, I may take a look next week (can't believe I'm saying that for real) :D

xxx
    And your staying in Finabury Park?? I used to live in Seven Sisters, close to Manor house which is very close to FP. Hopefully we can catch up, go for a drink or something.
    doubleoego wrote:
    And your staying in Finabury Park?? I used to live in Seven Sisters, close to Manor house which is very close to FP. Hopefully we can catch up, go for a drink or something.

Yep, actually I'll stay in the Seven Sisters Rd., right in front of the station. My friend, just send me a PM and we'll have a pint any time you want.

xxx
    Lol no probs :D
  • I wish they'd have used Westminster station. Its stylish modern/industrial look would have fitted perfectly in a bond film.