Scale modelling thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2021 Posts: 14,918
    It's such a good idea to do the TND plane: I had no idea you'd be able to buy those missile pods separately! It's very recognisable.
    You should build the baddie's plane and display it flying above Bond's one! :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited May 2021 Posts: 3,103
    mtm wrote: »
    You should build the baddie's plane and display it flying above Bond's one! :)

A friend also has the Albatros in his stash and was looking for a colour scheme. I'm trying to persuade him!

I'm learning a lot of new skills, and one of them is finding aftermarket accessories and figures to supplement the kit. Little Bond and his back seat driver started life as Russian pilots.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Building the Battlestar Pegasus
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Made a Shaguar, baby, yeah! (Airfix 1/32 E type Jaguar starter kit)

E_6m__7VUAEwVdF.jpg

E_6nAAJUYAgYbkt.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Smashing!
  • As a fan of Mike Myers' riff on all things Bond, I approve! I especially love the detailed work in the license plate!
    As a fan of Mike Myers' riff on all things Bond, I approve! I especially love the detailed work in the license plate!

Thank you! I printed it on clear decal paper with the letters left white, and stuck it over silver paint.
  • Agent_99 wrote: »
    As a fan of Mike Myers' riff on all things Bond, I approve! I especially love the detailed work in the license plate!

Thank you! I printed it on clear decal paper with the letters left white, and stuck it over silver paint.

It certainly has a cool glittery effect!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 3,103
    British United Carvair air ferry G-ASDC 'Pont du Rhin', as seen in GF. With some wildly out of scale Micro Machines.

FFTOvhhWYAYR90T.jpg

FFTOwiFXEAghb7s.jpg

FFTOyikWUAQqx-b.jpg
    Looks awesome.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Looks awesome.

Thank you! As usual, camera angles hide a multitude of sins.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Looks awesome.

We all have our secrets. The aluminium looks great. A mate from another forum made Bond's BUAF ticket a few years back. These are moments I miss in the films, seeing the passenger plane that Bond travels aboard; all the airline ephemera used. The travelogue vibe.
    Looks awesome.

We all have our secrets. The aluminium looks great. A mate from another forum made Bond's BUAF ticket a few years back. These are moments I miss in the films, seeing the passenger plane that Bond travels aboard; all the airline ephemera used. The travelogue vibe.

Yes! I get a kick every time I get the ferry from Dover because the entrance to the port is pretty much unchanged since DAF, though, alas, taking the hovercraft is no longer an option.
  • Agent_99 wrote: »
    Looks awesome.

Yes! I get a kick every time I get the ferry from Dover because the entrance to the port is pretty much unchanged since DAF, though, alas, taking the hovercraft is no longer an option.

I too love the travelogue aspect of the films and wish we got even more of it. I suppose one might argue that air travel isn't as glamorous or as exciting as it used to be, but airports to my mind still signify the thrill of seeing new places and embarking on new adventures. I do like that we still get some of this in the newer films: Bond meeting Q at the Hamburg airport in TND, Bond returning to London in DAD, Bond speaking with the clerk in Bregenz in QOS, Bond tailing Patrice in Shanghai in SF. I actually wish they had kept the whole extended airport sequence in in SF.
    Current build. It's a tricky one!

FFeHLmHXEAM8jfr.jpg
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    @chrisisall Aren't you into this stuff?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

FFeHLmHXEAM8jfr.jpg

That could bring some excitement, @Agent_99.

tumblr_inline_pkp6oy7V2w1rb7bj1_500.gifv

That's interesting, I wanted to buy the helicopter a few years back - but for some reason I was under the impression it was pre-built/part die-cast.

FFeHLmHXEAM8jfr.jpg

I don't think the picture came through.
    That's interesting, I wanted to buy the helicopter a few years back - but for some reason I was under the impression it was pre-built/part die-cast.

Confusingly, there's also a die-cast model by the same company, Italeri:

007_Diapositiva3.JPG
    Revelator wrote: »

I don't think the picture came through.

Hm, looks like others can see it - maybe this one from Amazon will work better (AgustaWestland AW101, Skyfall):

41RcdnY0VFL._AC_.jpg
    edited December 2021 Posts: 13,889

Confusingly, there's also a die-cast model by the same company, Italeri:

007_Diapositiva3.JPG
    Aha, that explains it, this is the one I saw, cheers.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Fantastic work @Agent_99! Looking forward to more!
    Something a little different: 1996 statuette of Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, made by Dragon.

1186678-72075-99-1440.jpg

1186670-72075-71-1440.jpg

1186669-72075-88-1440.jpg

1186677-72075-94-1440.jpg

I used luminous paint for the watch face :)

1186672-72075-50-1440.jpg
    Nice work there @Agent_99, hadn't seen this kit before. Neat touch with the wristwatch.

P.S. There's never a shoe shine boy around when you need one.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Thank you, folks! There was a decal for the watch face but it didn’t please me so I went with clear blue paint over silver, then a coat of luminous.

Now with Brozza commentary from Twitter’s inimitable Stu!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hahaha splendid!
    Here's Little Nellie! 90s reissue of a 60s kit - she was not easy to put together. However did Q and his assistants manage it so fast?

I printed some screenshots onto photo quality paper and mounted on foamboard for the backdrop.

1266765-72075-90-1440.jpg

1266767-72075-22-1440.jpg

1266763-72075-95-1440.jpg

@Agent_99 This is excellent. Great job with the diorama too. I trust the parts came inside four little suitcases?